Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, only two hostages but hopefully a start 21:01 - Oct 20 with 1273 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67165505

Israel has confirmed that two US hostages who were held by Hamas have been released
Mother and daughter Judith and Natalie Raanan were taken hostage by Hamas at Kibbutz Nahal Oz, in southern Israel
The pair have left Gaza and are on their way to a military base in the centre of Israel, the country's PM says

Edit - 'one' changed to 'only' in thread header
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 21:43]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:08 - Oct 20 with 1244 viewsLord_Lucan

The key thing here is US citizens!

It reminds me of when Reagan took over as president and the Iran hostages were released immediately. Ie; I’m in charge now, release our people or I’ll blow you to feck.

It’s all so awful.

What we really need is a Larry David Palestinian chicken approach.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:15 - Oct 20 with 1221 viewsWeWereZombies

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:08 - Oct 20 by Lord_Lucan

It reminds me of when Reagan took over as president and the Iran hostages were released immediately. Ie; I’m in charge now, release our people or I’ll blow you to feck.

It’s all so awful.

The fact that it is US citizens had not escaped me, but I take from that an inkling that diplomacy is working at all levels, even with Hamas. Which means that, like Thatcher in Northern Ireland, Netanyahu had to co-operate ever so slightly with the people he said he was not going to talk to. Obviously that will not get confirmed but lets hope that it opens a dialogue and a few more releases happen over the coming days, and the battle lines get gradually stood down.

But I am not kicking my heels in the air with joy, very very cautious - which is I guess why I couldn't manage to avoid a thread header with two hopes in it.

Edit; avoid replaces concoct in final line.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 21:44]

[Redacted] on 21:18 - Oct 20 with 1197 viewsvictorywilhappen

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:08 - Oct 20 by Lord_Lucan

It’s all so awful.

[Redacted]
At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:20 - Oct 20 with 1191 viewsLord_Lucan

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:15 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

The fact that it is US citizens had not escaped me, but I take from that an inkling that diplomacy is working at all levels, even with Hamas. Which means that, like Thatcher in Northern Ireland, Netanyahu had to co-operate ever so slightly with the people he said he was not going to talk to. Obviously that will not get confirmed but lets hope that it opens a dialogue and a few more releases happen over the coming days, and the battle lines get gradually stood down.

But I am not kicking my heels in the air with joy, very very cautious - which is I guess why I couldn't manage to avoid a thread header with two hopes in it.

Edit; avoid replaces concoct in final line.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 21:44]

I’m in the pub and just been out for a fag whilst being rained on.

All I could think of was small mercies.

What the hell are those poor bastards going through in Gaza?

It’s a situation where millions of people are in fear of death because of a handful of people.

Quite incredible really.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:21 - Oct 20 with 1180 viewsWeWereZombies

[Redacted] on 21:18 - Oct 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Or at least when the Big One blows we could make sure that the mushroom cloud is blue and white...

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:29 - Oct 20 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

[Redacted] on 21:18 - Oct 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

What, he threatens to post more unless they release more hostages?

I shouldn’t joke given the subject, but if you don’t laugh you’d cry (the people involved won’t be laughing of course, poor sods).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:33 - Oct 20 with 1140 viewsLord_Lucan

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:21 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

Or at least when the Big One blows we could make sure that the mushroom cloud is blue and white...

If I’m going up with it then it will be a Psilocybin blue and white mushroom.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 21:34]

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:35 - Oct 20 with 1134 viewsWeWereZombies

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:29 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

What, he threatens to post more unless they release more hostages?

I shouldn’t joke given the subject, but if you don’t laugh you’d cry (the people involved won’t be laughing of course, poor sods).

And I can think of plenty of other posters who should be used before Lucan in the grind them into the floor with inane ramblings stakes. In fact a series of posts that start with some pills found rolling around in the back of the Jeep taking him to Ramallah and ending with him realising that he had had The Dead Scrolls in his hand all the time and just needed to get them gift wrapped for the wife would be excellent. Peace would be inevitable.

Login to get fewer ads

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:39 - Oct 20 with 1111 viewsSwansea_Blue

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:35 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

And I can think of plenty of other posters who should be used before Lucan in the grind them into the floor with inane ramblings stakes. In fact a series of posts that start with some pills found rolling around in the back of the Jeep taking him to Ramallah and ending with him realising that he had had The Dead Scrolls in his hand all the time and just needed to get them gift wrapped for the wife would be excellent. Peace would be inevitable.

Narrator: “any thread where Dolly picks up an argument”…

Or we could revisit the inane Brexit ‘debates’ over the last 6 or 7 years. Those would have even the most hardened terrorist psychopath calling for his mother.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

[Redacted] on 21:40 - Oct 20 with 1113 viewsvictorywilhappen

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:35 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

[Redacted]
At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:42 - Oct 20 with 1102 viewsWeWereZombies

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:39 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

Narrator: “any thread where Dolly picks up an argument”…

Or we could revisit the inane Brexit ‘debates’ over the last 6 or 7 years. Those would have even the most hardened terrorist psychopath calling for his mother.

And then just as peace breaks out and an Israeli soldier goes to hug a Palestinian rioter one of them asks 'Shefki or Pablo ?' and the whole thing erupts again.

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 1086 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 21:40 - Oct 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I smacked him in The Brickies, not The Brewers.

At last a glimmer of hope in Palestine, one two hostage but hopefully a start on 22:12 - Oct 20 with 983 viewsBloomBlue

It’s all so awful.

It probably ran along the lines of Biden saying to Qatar...... you have relations with hamas get our hostages out or we'll fecking take our forces out of Qatar and you're on your own
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024