Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May election it is then 12:11 - Dec 27 with 1106 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67826928
May election it is then on 13:58 - Dec 27 with 955 viewsCheltenham_Blue

June 6th is my bet. They'll want to give us the chance to feel the effect of tax cuts in your pocket before we go to the polls

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

May election it is then on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 840 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tax cuts and a promise of a booming economy. Coupled with abolishing inheritance tax (which is bizarrely a vote winner among many totally unaffected by it), will set the scene for an attempt at not losing the election too heavily and then blaming whoever does form some form of Government for the consequences of everything they have done.

It will then take time for anyone to raise taxation and invest in what the country is so desperately in need of from our public services and this (if it even happens) will be blamed for the problems.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

May election it is then on 08:56 - Dec 30 with 490 viewssaxon

May election it is then on 13:58 - Dec 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

June 6th is my bet. They'll want to give us the chance to feel the effect of tax cuts in your pocket before we go to the polls

June 6th unlikely. Parliament has to be dissolved 25 working days before an election. So that would mean calling it before the May 2nd local election results which could potentially be disastrous for the government were known - not news they would want early in election campaign. If it's a spring election it's more likely they would go for alongside the local elections.
May election it is then on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 423 viewsDJR

My bet is that they will hold on as long as they can, given the awful state of the polls.

There is anyway talk of the economy improving more than expected next year, as well as the cost of living crisis easing, but I imagine the benefit (along with tax cuts) may take some time to feed through and impact (if at all) on people's voting intentions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024