Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
O'Leary Replaces O'Neill on PLC Board
Wednesday, 12th Jan 2022 09:44

Chairman Mike O’Leary has been appointed to the club’s PLC board, while general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill is no longer a member.

Ipswich Town PLC represents the shareholding of the club prior to Marcus Evans’s 2007 takeover with the majority of those owning the shares - who number around 3,500 - supporters who bought them as the club sought to raise cash following the 2003 period in administration.

Following last year’s takeover it continues to maintain a 12.5 per cent stake in the club with Gamechanger 20 Ltd owning the other 87.5 per cent.

The club itself has always had a representative on the PLC board, initially chief executive Derek Bowden, then his successor Simon Clegg, managing directors Ian Milne and Jonathan Symonds, and O’Neill, who was appointed in December 2019.

Since the takeover, O’Neill has returned to working within the academy and his time on the PLC board was ended on December 31st, O’Leary having been appointed on December 4th.

The PLC's other board members are chairman Roger Finbow and Richard Moore, club directors prior to Evans's takeover, associate director Elizabeth Edwards and local farmer Peter Over, while Town's financial director Mark Andrews is the secretary.


Photo: Matchday Images



Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.



Jugsy added 10:21 - Jan 12
Lee O'Neill is a top, top bloke and it's good to see he's still involved in the club. Unfortunately, his elevation into a more expansive role didn't work out which is a shame because the guy lives and breaths ITFC. Pleased he's still with us and probably back to where he can be most effective.
23

trncbluearmy added 10:27 - Jan 12
He was put in a impossible position, good to see him back to where he can be most effective

COYB
13

Monkey_Blue added 10:32 - Jan 12
Saw O’Neil get lots of criticism on here from people who had no idea how hard he worked
Or how well he was doing juggling so many roles. I think he deserves praise for what he’s done. I hope this is recognised and he’s not being eased out.
20

BeattiesBackPocket added 10:39 - Jan 12
Nice to see O’Neill back at the academy felt for the guy working under evans as he always seemed to be the puppet and take the flack for Evans inadequacies which wasn’t his fault. How refreshing to see a structure at the club since the new owners came in. COYB’s!
13

JewellintheTown added 10:45 - Jan 12
"local farmer Peter Over"
A true Tractor Boy!
3

Robert_Garrett added 11:09 - Jan 12
A truly Blue Gentleman if there ever was one!
0

Gcon added 14:24 - Jan 12
O'Good.
0

MickMillsTash added 14:36 - Jan 12
Alan Lee was not very complementary about the running of the Academy.
I have no idea if these comments are a reflection of Lee O'Neil's time at the helm.
0

BossMan added 14:43 - Jan 12
I'll admit to being one of those who was critical of O'Neil's role during the period leading up to the take over when he seemed to be the PR dept for Evans but adding little value. It's good to hear now from Jugsy and others that he is an important member of the backroom team and that's a real plus for me with TWTD is to get an insight from people who know far more about this stuff than I do.
3

istanblue added 14:45 - Jan 12
So he can go and be with his master Evans at his new club? #PuppetForTheMuppet
-4

bluelodgeblue added 19:52 - Jan 12
If the reports are true and Evans is a serious buyer maybe it she’s how much he and is businesses did profit from a business that was run into the ground and then sold on? But god help Huddersfield?
0

Kickingblock added 20:19 - Jan 12
An O' for an O'
0

churchmans added 21:14 - Jan 12
Can somebody put the word out and get the club yo sign COLE STOCKTON from morecambe 13goals so far all brilliant(a few worldies) scored against us TWICE and plays for a poor morecambe side! He will bang loads of goals for us at this level and the next
0


You need to login in order to post your comments

Blogs 286 bloggers

Ipswich Town Polls

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022