Please log in to use all the site's facilities
at 18:54 19 Feb 2018
[Post edited 19 Feb 19:10]
at 17:32 10 Feb 2018
Being on nights for the next 4 weekends actually feels like a boost tonight.
|I'mont really a man for musicals...|
at 19:28 8 Feb 2018
...but Mrs Badger dragged me out to London last night to see 'Hamilton'.
A terrific show, well, well, well WELL worth seeing.
Protip: don't book seats in The gods like what we did though, there's f*ck all leg room and it's vertigo-inducingly high up. Think away at St James' Park high.
[Post edited 8 Feb 19:35]
|Something I know a lot of us have either direct of family experience of..|
at 21:14 4 Feb 2018
..is cancer. Today is World Cancer Day, so I'm going to use this place to shamelessly push a colleague of mine's own fund, Thomas' Fund.
Named for the sadly departed 4 year old son of one of my workmates who died of a nasty brain tumour.:
'World Cancer Day. A day to remember those who are undergoing treatment, those who have had treatment and now re-piecing their lives, and those who we have lost. But it's also a day to thank everyone of you who supports us to help fund research that is so underfunded and so desperately needed. Did you know..
1. Brain tumours are the biggest killer of anyone under the age of 40
2. Brain tumours claim more lives than any other childhood cancer, accounting for more than a third of all cancer deaths
3. Only 3 drugs in the past 77 years have been approved for childhood cancer
4. Over 60% of children who survive their brain tumour, will have life long, life limiting conditions
5. Less than 3% of all government funding is spent on childhood cancer research, and that's all childhood cancer, not just brain tumours.
Research has already uncovered some of the genetic variations of different cancers, but the money is lacking to move this knowledge forwards into how to treat children with personalised medicine. With our £56K that we have raised, we are hoping to contribute to this. So thank you to all our previous, current and future fundraisers and donators- you're all fab!
Spare a fiver, eh?
[Post edited 4 Feb 21:14]
at 12:23 7 Jan 2018
Dry Gin, Dry Wine, Dry beer all count, right?
|Forum Votes: ||9730|
|Comment Votes: ||115|
|Prediction League: ||0|