Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason 06:59 - Feb 6 with 4489 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm fortunate to have seen a hell of a lot of my favourite bands but there are two that have evaded me. Fleetwoo Mac and Supertramp. Still reckon I'll see FM at some point but Supertramp have gone I reckon.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:14 - Feb 6 with 2386 viewsTLA

I lived in Oxford in the nineties and should have caught Radiohead at the right time - never did and got less bothered over the years.

I had a ticket to see The The in Kilburn in the eighties but it went missing - I think my sister stole it to be spiteful.

I remember being gutted when I saw The Pogues that MacGowan had pulled out but his replacement was Joe Strummer, which was even better!
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:20 - Feb 6 with 2384 viewshoppy

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:14 - Feb 6 by TLA

I lived in Oxford in the nineties and should have caught Radiohead at the right time - never did and got less bothered over the years.

I had a ticket to see The The in Kilburn in the eighties but it went missing - I think my sister stole it to be spiteful.

I remember being gutted when I saw The Pogues that MacGowan had pulled out but his replacement was Joe Strummer, which was even better!

I went to see Morrissey at Alexandra Palace, and he had Kirsty Macoll supporting... as we heard the beginning of Fairy Tale of New York, she welcomed Shane Macgowan to the stage to join her. He was completely wasted and she had to feed him every one of his lines to sing, it was quite uncomfortable watching it really.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:26 - Feb 6 with 2370 viewsLord_Lucan

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:20 - Feb 6 by hoppy

I went to see Morrissey at Alexandra Palace, and he had Kirsty Macoll supporting... as we heard the beginning of Fairy Tale of New York, she welcomed Shane Macgowan to the stage to join her. He was completely wasted and she had to feed him every one of his lines to sing, it was quite uncomfortable watching it really.

I love Kirsty. My daughter is named after her. Brilliant women.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:31 - Feb 6 with 2354 viewsTLA

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:26 - Feb 6 by Lord_Lucan

I love Kirsty too - Kite was one of the most played tapes in my first car at 17. I was working as a music website editor when the news of her death broke and couldn't believe it.

I got to see MacGowan with the Pogues at Hide Park a couple of years ago - he was still swigging pints of whisky, was good for 20 minutes and then needed propping up. It's part of his legend but not good to see.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:32 - Feb 6 with 2355 viewsstickymockwell

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:26 - Feb 6 by Lord_Lucan

Pink floyd.
I've seen the Australian PF who were very good but it just made me even more gutted that I'll never see the real thing

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:42 - Feb 6 with 2333 viewsBlueBadger

My sister had tickets to see Nirvana, who she was desperate to see. The tickets were for their gig at Broxton Academy in May 1994...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:45 - Feb 6 with 2329 viewstaximan

would love to have seen green day during their holiday, boulevard of broken dreams, american idiot times
seen the pogues lots of times, twtd
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:49 - Feb 6 with 2311 viewsNewcyBlue

I had a ticket to see the Who, I got called out to sea and missed it. I was beyond annoyed.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:51 - Feb 6 with 2305 viewsBlueBadger

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:45 - Feb 6 by taximan

would love to have seen green day during their holiday, boulevard of broken dreams, american idiot times

I think it would have been very rude to ask Green Day to start playing for you during their time off...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:53 - Feb 6 with 2300 viewsTLA

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:45 - Feb 6 by taximan

Green Day is a great call. They're one of those bands who have grown at the same pace as me, if that makes sense!

Sometimes you see bands at the wrong time - I saw The Pogues in about 1992 with Strummer and then supporting The Libertines at Hide Park a couple of years ago. That was OK but I wished I'd seen The Libertines 10 years earlier and The Pogues 20 years before I did. You must have seen them at their best.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:28 - Feb 6 with 2253 viewsRadlett_blue

Go see Roger Hodgson. He still tours regularly under his own name, can still sing & puts on a great show. A friend of mine did see what's left of Supertramp a few years ago & thought they were poor.
If you do tribute bands, I have seen "Rumours of Fleetwood Mac" & they were good.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:36 - Feb 6 with 2241 viewsfeelingblue

Supertramp were the band at my freshers ball. They had just released Crime of the Century. We all bought the album!
Over the last decade, I've made a real effort to see bands/people I should have seen years ago.
I wish I had seen James Brown, supposed to have been brilliant live.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:43 - Feb 6 with 2214 viewsparkinshair

Would love to have seen Gravenhurst. Unfortunately died tragically young.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:48 - Feb 6 with 2205 viewstaximan

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:53 - Feb 6 by TLA

Green Day is a great call. They're one of those bands who have grown at the same pace as me, if that makes sense!

Sometimes you see bands at the wrong time - I saw The Pogues in about 1992 with Strummer and then supporting The Libertines at Hide Park a couple of years ago. That was OK but I wished I'd seen The Libertines 10 years earlier and The Pogues 20 years before I did. You must have seen them at their best.

i must be going back 30 years ish
cambridge corn exchange
uea
brixton
wembley
birmingham football ground
possibly brighton somewhere

i'm guessing mid 80s

fck me i feel old
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:51 - Feb 6 with 2199 viewsfeelingblue

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:48 - Feb 6 by taximan

i must be going back 30 years ish
cambridge corn exchange
uea
brixton
wembley
birmingham football ground
possibly brighton somewhere

i'm guessing mid 80s

fck me i feel old

I saw The Pogues live at Hammersmith, not the Odeon, the other one, in 1983 or 84. They were crap because Shane McGowan was incapable of standing up. I didn't find it funny.

Edit 1985, Hammersmith Palais
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 8:53]
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:52 - Feb 6 with 2199 viewsHeathlander

Oasis and the Stone Roses. Still a chance for the roses but Oasis is probably gone.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:01 - Feb 6 with 2161 viewsartsbossbeard

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 07:14 - Feb 6 by TLA

Should hear today if I've got tickets for Radiohead at the Santa Barbara Bowl in April.

Tickets sorted for Sleaford Mods & The Damned on the same trip.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:09 - Feb 6 with 2143 viewsartsbossbeard

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:52 - Feb 6 by Heathlander

Oasis and the Stone Roses. Still a chance for the roses but Oasis is probably gone.

There seems to be loads of Stone Roses tickets available - been offered both Wembley & Leeds.

Def doing Wembley and I'll probably do Leeds too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:18 - Feb 6 with 2109 viewshoppy

I keep missing seeing ELO, which is annoying.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:22 - Feb 6 with 2101 viewsBlueBadger

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 08:52 - Feb 6 by Heathlander

Saw Oasis at the peak of their powers at Sheffield Arena about 2 months before they released 'Some Might Say'. Pulp were the (wholly unexpected) support as scheduled support The Verve had pulled out last minute. It's to Oasis' credit that they weren't blown off the sated by Pulp, who were giving 'Common People one if its first public airings that night as well.

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:24 - Feb 6 with 2107 viewsSWGF

Couple of my mates were going to see a band at the Army & Navy in Chelmsford in 1994. It was a Tuesday night and it was the day after my 19th birthday so I was still feeling a little fatigued from the weekend. I knocked it on the head.

It was Oasis, obviously.

Saw them at Earls Court a year later, with 20,000 others (although Alan McGee has since said that this was the best Oasis gig).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:25 - Feb 6 with 2093 viewsSWGF

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:18 - Feb 6 by hoppy

Need to make a note in your diary, Horace Wimp.

Playing Wembley this summer aren't they? Saw them at the O2 last year.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:32 - Feb 6 with 2076 viewsBlueBadger

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:24 - Feb 6 by SWGF

Couple of my mates were going to see a band at the Army & Navy in Chelmsford in 1994. It was a Tuesday night and it was the day after my 19th birthday so I was still feeling a little fatigued from the weekend. I knocked it on the head.

It was Oasis, obviously.

Saw them at Earls Court a year later, with 20,000 others (although Alan McGee has since said that this was the best Oasis gig).

God I miss the Army & Navy. Monday night 'out come the freaks' nights, Doctor Feelgood more times than I care to mention, Napalm Death(everyone should see them once, they're hilarious), The Buzzcocks...

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:39 - Feb 6 with 2064 viewsHeathlander

Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 09:18 - Feb 6 by hoppy

Saw ELO at the Regent. It was without Jeff Lynne but the sound was amazing. Loved ELO as I was growing up. Had all the albums and Eldorado on red vinyl.
Music lovers. Any bands that you haven't seen for whatever reason on 11:14 - Feb 6 with 1954 viewsPiercingBlue

cba to see joy division in 1980. Regretted it ever since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024