Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the u23's tonight 21:32 - Feb 6 with 3883 viewsTractorCam

After seeing Phil's report of Tommy, Rowe, Samuel and Moore starting, I decided to head down for tonight's u23 match, I certainly didn't expect to see what came next.

Danny Rowe stood out for me in the first half, was brilliant down the right hand side. Credit also to Moore who was holding up the ball well and Patterson who didn't know how to miss the goal!

As you'd expect quiet 2nd half but good hattrick from Samuel, not sure if it was a "perfect" hattrick as missed his first.

Proper entertaining, if we ever go back to 442 i'd certainly like to see Rowe given a start

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:51 - Feb 6 with 3619 viewsitfcjoe

First goal was right footed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:54 - Feb 6 with 3588 viewsTractorCam

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:51 - Feb 6 by itfcjoe

First goal was right footed

Boooooo.

Cheers

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:55 - Feb 6 with 3573 viewsbournemouthblue

Sounds like the new guys may have something about them

Obviously it's a lower standard but how did the new players look?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:03 - Feb 6 with 3434 viewsTractorCam

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:55 - Feb 6 by bournemouthblue

Both Moore and Samuel had indifferent halves. First half Moore seemed to be the centre point of most attacks, his control was excellent, second half was a bit sloppy. Samuel was fairly quiet throughout but was always in the right position (for the 2 goals i saw) both rebounds. Rowe was excellent and can see big things for him, hopefully gets a good chance with the first team (if we change for 442 that is)

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:06 - Feb 6 with 3375 viewsjeera

How did Smith hold up?

Was he on most of the game?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:13 - Feb 6 with 3278 viewsbournemouthblue

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:03 - Feb 6 by TractorCam

Both Moore and Samuel had indifferent halves. First half Moore seemed to be the centre point of most attacks, his control was excellent, second half was a bit sloppy. Samuel was fairly quiet throughout but was always in the right position (for the 2 goals i saw) both rebounds. Rowe was excellent and can see big things for him, hopefully gets a good chance with the first team (if we change for 442 that is)

I would hope we go back to 442 at times, this 352 has worked against two poor sides and a side who play an unusual system

442 or even 4231 need to be used when required

At least MM has a few more players to get more out of these systems

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:30 - Feb 6 with 3095 viewslegoman

Went to the u23's tonight on 21:55 - Feb 6 by bournemouthblue

Its hard to shine at a lower standard but sine they did...The lot of them.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:49 - Feb 6 with 2975 viewsTractorCam

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:06 - Feb 6 by jeera

How did Smith hold up?

Was he on most of the game?

He played the full 90 minutes, didn't really have much to do back there but can recall 2 moments of him chasing the attacker down and winning the ball

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:54 - Feb 6 with 2946 viewsFather_Jack

I went to watch the U23s lose to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.

Monty P offered no goal threat but drifted past defenders as if they weren't there - looked really talented to me, if maybe short of a yard of pace. Good to see he seems to know where the goal is too.

Less is more.

Went to the u23's tonight on 04:42 - Feb 7 with 2629 viewsfactual_blue

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:54 - Feb 6 by Father_Jack

Monty P offered no goal threat but drifted past defenders as if they weren't there - looked really talented to me, if maybe short of a yard of pace. Good to see he seems to know where the goal is too.

I can imagine that Monty P's left arm orthodox spin offers little or no goal threat.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Went to the u23's tonight on 06:52 - Feb 7 with 2493 viewsjeera

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:49 - Feb 6 by TractorCam

He played the full 90 minutes, didn't really have much to do back there but can recall 2 moments of him chasing the attacker down and winning the ball

Well that's a positive then.

If he's out there playing the full 90 maybe it won't be long before he's back and making an impact.

Went to the u23's tonight on 07:36 - Feb 7 with 2350 viewspowinswitch

Went to the u23's tonight on 06:52 - Feb 7 by jeera

Well that's a positive then.

If he's out there playing the full 90 maybe it won't be long before he's back and making an impact.

Once Tommy is back is it tIme for a rest for Berra? I genuinely thought he was the best cb in the championship in 14/15. He has not repeated that form, and has been disturbingly poor at times. In his defence I think he has to cover for Knudsen, or be ready to cover for him. Constantly. But it's been a shame to see his form dip so far. Will McCarthy give him the heave ho for Tommy, who is part of the future of this club?
Went to the u23's tonight on 07:55 - Feb 7 with 2292 viewsBluebell

Was Mick at the game?
Went to the u23's tonight on 08:13 - Feb 7 with 2217 viewsjeera

Went to the u23's tonight on 07:36 - Feb 7 by powinswitch

Once Tommy is back is it tIme for a rest for Berra? I genuinely thought he was the best cb in the championship in 14/15. He has not repeated that form, and has been disturbingly poor at times. In his defence I think he has to cover for Knudsen, or be ready to cover for him. Constantly. But it's been a shame to see his form dip so far. Will McCarthy give him the heave ho for Tommy, who is part of the future of this club?

Nothing wrong with Berra doing his time on the bench. As you suggest, players should be picked on form alone.

I'm unable to attend en present so rely on comments such as yours which has been backed up by many others, as in maybe Berra gets pulled out of position too often covering for Knudsen.

Of course that's up to the manager to rediscover that balance, be it via Smith, Kenlock when fit, or however.

Went to the u23's tonight on 08:13 - Feb 7 with 2219 viewsitfcjoe

With Berra off in the summer and Smith the future of the club then there would have to be a transition over the rest of the season.

Smith still looked well short of fitness to me so will still be a while before he is back for first team in my opinion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Went to the u23's tonight on 08:50 - Feb 7 with 2095 viewsRadlett_blue

anyone know what the strength of the Watford side was? Was it just academy kids or were there players with senior experience?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Went to the u23's tonight on 08:50 - Feb 7 with 2097 viewssoupytwist

Went to the u23's tonight on 22:54 - Feb 6 by Father_Jack

Hooray, someone has mentioned Patterson. The player who scored a hat trick and is actually our player rather than on loan from someone else in our division. I've thought that he's looked promising when I've seen him but that has only been in pre-season.
Went to the u23's tonight on 09:06 - Feb 7 with 2038 viewsbluesym

Went to the u23's tonight on 08:13 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

With Berra off in the summer and Smith the future of the club then there would have to be a transition over the rest of the season.

Smith still looked well short of fitness to me so will still be a while before he is back for first team in my opinion

Agree about Smith,looked very rusty to me.Would be surprised to see him in the side any time soon.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Went to the u23's tonight on 13:09 - Feb 7 with 1743 viewsTractorCam

Went to the u23's tonight on 07:55 - Feb 7 by Bluebell

Was Mick at the game?

He was yes

Went to the u23's tonight on 13:12 - Feb 7 with 1730 viewsTractorCam

Definitely agree but can't see Mick dropping him

Went to the u23's tonight on 05:37 - Feb 8 with 1312 viewscookie75

As a silkmen fan, I'm telling you this kid will rip it up. He's a bit rusty as not really played much recently due to hip injury but he will fly. If he sits him on the bench his confidence and form will go and you may aswell move him on now. He was the stand out player in the National league, Teams used to double up on him and he would still skin them alive with pace. He loves cutting in on his left when playing on the right side, they knew it just couldn't stop him.
I think after 2 go's at an NL side, you'd realise there is quality at the pits of the pyramid
Best player in the NL by a country mile and tbh given 12 months to adjust could be the best player you've got!
Enjoy him
Went to the u23's tonight on 05:56 - Feb 8 with 1302 viewstextbackup

Went to the u23's tonight on 05:37 - Feb 8 by cookie75

As a silkmen fan, I'm telling you this kid will rip it up. He's a bit rusty as not really played much recently due to hip injury but he will fly. If he sits him on the bench his confidence and form will go and you may aswell move him on now. He was the stand out player in the National league, Teams used to double up on him and he would still skin them alive with pace. He loves cutting in on his left when playing on the right side, they knew it just couldn't stop him.
I think after 2 go's at an NL side, you'd realise there is quality at the pits of the pyramid
Best player in the NL by a country mile and tbh given 12 months to adjust could be the best player you've got!
Enjoy him

Yeah our current manager will ruin him, no doubt.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024