Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith Testimonial 07:29 - Mar 2 with 2457 viewsThatMuhrenCross

By my estimation it will be 10 years later on this year of Tommy Smith making his debut for Town. Should he be getting a testimonial therefore?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 07:39 - Mar 2 with 2431 viewsBlueBadger

A swift google tells me that he made his debut for us on the first day of the 2008/09 season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:49 - Mar 2 with 2343 viewsSteve_M

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 07:39 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

A swift google tells me that he made his debut for us on the first day of the 2008/09 season.

And he got booed by some morons.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 09:45 - Mar 2 with 2291 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:49 - Mar 2 by Steve_M

Some things never change, wasn't he Designated Scapegoat for a while last season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 09:49 - Mar 2 with 2285 viewsKieran_Knows

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 09:45 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

Some things never change, wasn't he Designated Scapegoat for a while last season?

I think this season has definitely been the season of the most scapegoats. I'm sure at one stage or another Berra, Knudsen, Skuse and Douglas have all been in the firing line.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 10:45 - Mar 2 with 2217 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 09:49 - Mar 2 by Kieran_Knows

I think this season has definitely been the season of the most scapegoats. I'm sure at one stage or another Berra, Knudsen, Skuse and Douglas have all been in the firing line.

Don't forget Chambers, he's always a perennial favourite.

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 10:54 - Mar 2 with 2204 viewstheipswichman

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 09:49 - Mar 2 by Kieran_Knows

What is the true definition of 'scapegoat'? because it seems that if people are criticised for a bad performance they instantly turn into a 'scapegoat'.
Tommy Smith Testimonial on 11:06 - Mar 2 with 2177 viewsBlueBadger

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 10:54 - Mar 2 by theipswichman

What is the true definition of 'scapegoat'? because it seems that if people are criticised for a bad performance they instantly turn into a 'scapegoat'.

For me it'd be the players who are singled out every match for grief regardless of how they've actually playing or what they've contributed.

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 12:31 - Mar 2 with 2118 viewsoldbluestu

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:49 - Mar 2 by Steve_M

Normal approach by many Ipswich fans
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 14:04 - Mar 2 with 2038 viewsTheBlueBarca

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 07:39 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

He's been in the squad 10 years coming up, so he will surely qualify. Also we are 3 years off Hyam also getting his.I would like to see him achieve that as he's a supporter who managed to play for Ipswich in a real sense, not the Scott Loach sense.

It's rare for clubs to have players to feature over 10 years these days, the fact we have one coming up and another one nearly due is really remarkable. Especially given the change we have seen since 2007.

The last two were Naylor (06) and Wilnis (09). Magic (09) should have had one but we know what happened there.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 1916 viewsuefacup81

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 14:04 - Mar 2 by TheBlueBarca

He's been in the squad 10 years coming up, so he will surely qualify. Also we are 3 years off Hyam also getting his.I would like to see him achieve that as he's a supporter who managed to play for Ipswich in a real sense, not the Scott Loach sense.

It's rare for clubs to have players to feature over 10 years these days, the fact we have one coming up and another one nearly due is really remarkable. Especially given the change we have seen since 2007.

The last two were Naylor (06) and Wilnis (09). Magic (09) should have had one but we know what happened there.

Who do you reckon it would likely be against, assuming they went for a meaningful team rather than just dedicating a pre-season friendly to him?

ITFC vs New Zealand?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 21:13 - Mar 2 with 1872 viewsLuk38644

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 11:06 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

For me it'd be the players who are singled out every match for grief regardless of how they've actually playing or what they've contributed.

Douglas can't be classed as a scapegoat then.
Tommy Smith Testimonial on 00:24 - Mar 3 with 1785 viewsjeera

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 21:13 - Mar 2 by Luk38644

Douglas can't be classed as a scapegoat then.

Douglas gets slagged off on here on the match days he's not even in the squad, so yeah, he qualifies.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 06:34 - Mar 3 with 1720 viewstcblue

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 20:45 - Mar 2 by uefacup81

Who do you reckon it would likely be against, assuming they went for a meaningful team rather than just dedicating a pre-season friendly to him?

ITFC vs New Zealand?

Two teams of Tommy Smith's would be amazing, just find people in the phone book.

At number 1, it's Tommy Smith
At number 2, it's Tommy Smith
At number 3 it's f*cking Chambers BOO MICK OUT
Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:08 - Mar 3 with 1680 viewsbournemouthblue

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 20:45 - Mar 2 by uefacup81

ITFC vs New Zealand?

That was my first thought, I wonder if that is doable?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:23 - Mar 3 with 1656 viewsRadlett_blue

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 08:08 - Mar 3 by bournemouthblue

That was my first thought, I wonder if that is doable?

Probably more likely than getting Lazio to play the friendly they still owe us.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 08:40 - Mar 3 with 1639 views_

Tommy Smith Testimonial on 00:24 - Mar 3 by jeera

Douglas gets slagged off on here on the match days he's not even in the squad, so yeah, he qualifies.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024