Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they 07:42 - May 18 with 6151 viewstextbackup

Young intelligent exciting manager
An owner with an actual idea of what he's doing
A real togetherness within the club

Compare that to the mess ITFC are in, it really ia Million miles away

And I think I saw their budget was the same as Rotherham this season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 11:41 - May 18 with 2148 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 11:12 - May 18 by Steve_M

Yet in 2014-15, had we gone up, then one could have said the same about us. We weren't moribund that season.

Winning football matches makes an enormous difference to perception.

Exactly.

Up until this season Huddersfield have been an unfashionable northern club bobbing around lower reaches of Championship and League 1

A foreign manager and a decent season doesn't instantly make them revolutionaries. There is a lot to be liked and admired but it could all be undone and they're back to where they were... Much like ourselves.
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 11:48 - May 18 with 2146 viewsJimmy86

I am really pleased for Huddersfield and hope they finish the job at Wembley. They have been brilliant all season and at 1 point I even thought they were going to gatecrash that top 2.

They have taken a punt on Wagner, who has contacts in the German leagues and better knowledge of that market. He has brought in players for modest fees and has used the loan system well.

They just prove you don't have to spend stupid money, but sensible investment and a forward thinking approach has paid dividends.

Good luck at Wembley!!
That comment about their budget confused me..... on 11:48 - May 18 with 2149 viewsBloots

....they said it was the same, then commented that the 11 on the pitch "only" cost them £6m.

If so then they have a decent budget.

Think they paid about £2m for Schindler.

Plus they are forking out for loans from Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, all of which are mainstays of their 1st 11.

Think they are spunking a lot more cash than both Rotherham and us.

Probably put together.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:00 - May 18 with 2095 viewsBenters

This

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

That comment about their budget confused me..... on 13:04 - May 18 with 2091 viewsSteve_M

That comment about their budget confused me..... on 11:48 - May 18 by Bloots

....they said it was the same, then commented that the 11 on the pitch "only" cost them £6m.

If so then they have a decent budget.

Think they paid about £2m for Schindler.

Plus they are forking out for loans from Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City, all of which are mainstays of their 1st 11.

Think they are spunking a lot more cash than both Rotherham and us.

Probably put together.

Yes, that claim makes little sense to me.

Huddersfield have done well, a lot better than certain sides with much bigger budgets, but I'm not sure it's exactly on the cheap.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Romantic though isn't it...... on 13:10 - May 18 with 2082 viewsBloots

That comment about their budget confused me..... on 13:04 - May 18 by Steve_M

Huddersfield have done well, a lot better than certain sides with much bigger budgets, but I'm not sure it's exactly on the cheap.

....like little old Brighton.

And Bournemouth.

Plucky outsiders.

Smashing. (n/t) on 13:10 - May 18 with 2081 viewsBloots

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:00 - May 18 by Benters

This

Smashing. (n/t) on 13:12 - May 18 with 2079 viewsBenters

Smashing. (n/t) on 13:10 - May 18 by Bloots

Indeed.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

That comment about their budget confused me..... on 13:14 - May 18 with 2080 viewstractorboy1978

That comment about their budget confused me..... on 13:04 - May 18 by Steve_M

It's a fairly modest budget for this division and it has been spent sensibly.
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:18 - May 18 with 2069 viewsitfcjoe

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 11:32 - May 18 by Bluedandy

Ipswich Town needs a radical overahul both in terms of how we play the game and engage with fans.

It's precisely what Huddersfield have done, crowds have soared and the strategy might just pay off.

We didn't go up in 2014-15 because we were not good enough and relied far too much on one player.

Nothing special was building which is why we have fallen back so quickly.

If they don't go up, and Wagner leaves nothing special will be building there - they'll lose their relationships with Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool which has brought in loanees

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:26 - May 18 with 2052 viewstractorboy1978

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:18 - May 18 by itfcjoe

If they don't go up, and Wagner leaves nothing special will be building there - they'll lose their relationships with Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool which has brought in loanees

It depends what their next step is. If the chairman treats it as Swansea did for a period of time and gets in another DOF and another manager who impresses the same ideas and approach then they have a chance. Wagner has done very well, you cannot deny that but they are a club that ideologically are clearly ahead of us in terms of the structure and what they are trying to do.
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:38 - May 18 with 2047 viewsitfcjoe

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:26 - May 18 by tractorboy1978

It depends what their next step is. If the chairman treats it as Swansea did for a period of time and gets in another DOF and another manager who impresses the same ideas and approach then they have a chance. Wagner has done very well, you cannot deny that but they are a club that ideologically are clearly ahead of us in terms of the structure and what they are trying to do.

They are currently, without a doubt - but that is one appointment and things can soon change or go wrong. Sounds like their DoF was very sharp.

I hope they go up anyway as deserve it over Reading for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:45 - May 18 with 2035 viewstextbackup

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 11:37 - May 18 by mikeybloo88

They get double the number of season ticket holders because they play good football...it ain't rocket science. Last night they played with pace, effort and technique...all of which we mostly lack.

Seeing the pace and quality of both teams was a shock to be honest, shock the they are in the same league as us, miles apart

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 14:35 - May 18 with 2021 viewsPhilTWTD

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 08:02 - May 18 by BlueAllOver

Hmm not sure on the Rotherham budget, transfer fees of £3.5million, and 5 Loans, four of which are top 6 premier league teams.

Still not that should get in the way of plucky little Huddersfield myth.

Their wage bill will be a fair bit higher than Rotherham's as you say. Was the season before last and is likely to have increased this season due to the expensive loanees.

Minor note, Bolton's wage bill for 2015/16 was almost certainly higher than ours given they still had parachute payments. Oh, and I'm not sure all those figures can be trusted, the Forest one didn't seem to match their accounts when I was doing something about their finances prior to the final game.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 16:25 - May 18 with 1973 viewsBenters

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:45 - May 18 by textbackup

Seeing the pace and quality of both teams was a shock to be honest, shock the they are in the same league as us, miles apart

Indeed.

Gentlybentley

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 19:43 - May 18 with 1930 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 13:45 - May 18 by textbackup

Unfortunately very true.
Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 20:24 - May 18 with 1904 viewsbournemouthblue

This is the first season they've finished above us for about 25 years?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 20:55 - May 18 with 1887 viewstextbackup

Huddersfield are the complete opposite to us aren't they on 20:24 - May 18 by bournemouthblue

This is the first season they've finished above us for about 25 years?

And could end up promoted, well played them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024