Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart to Chelsea? 12:44 - Jun 1 with 4382 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Been thinking this ever since January if i'm honest, when Begovic's move to Bournemouth first came about.

Now that Begovic has moved on, it leaves that number 2 spot at Chelsea well and truly open now.

Apparently Chelsea are in the market for a keeper to be back up to Courtois and are looking at a number of goalkeepers, including Championship goalies.

Just wondered if a move like this might appeal-Bart gets his Premier league move, gets paid god knows how much more than we are paying him, doesn't have to uproot his family and may get a shot at playing in the Premier League if injuries etc should occur. Doubt any fee we would demand would put Chelsea off too much either.

Guess it will just depend on if he wants to be playing week in, week out or if money will talk.

Nothing concrete in this & only a theory, just throwing it out there.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:46 - Jun 1 with 3684 viewsTractorCam

Would probably see him get an international call up too

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:47 - Jun 1 with 3682 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He's a cracking keeper Bart but let's try and not get carried away

He's a top championship keeper or even a bott half premiership keeper but if Chelsea want a sub keeper, they will go for a top premiership keeper as cover. Like they did with Begovich.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:56 - Jun 1 with 3603 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:47 - Jun 1 by The_Romford_Blue

He's a top championship keeper or even a bott half premiership keeper but if Chelsea want a sub keeper, they will go for a top premiership keeper as cover. Like they did with Begovich.

Not getting carried away, just simply throwing it out there as a possibility.

Not too many keepers already at Premier League clubs will be happy to go and play second fiddle to Courtois at Chelsea I would imagine, hence why Begovic has moved on.

Might be a decent Championship goalie that goes in there IMO, I see Betinelli at Fulham has been linked with a possible move there so maybe they are looking outside the Premier League.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:58 - Jun 1 with 3596 viewsJimmyJazz

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:47 - Jun 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Whoever they get is consigning themselves to 2 or 3 years of bench warming amidst a run out in the Mickey Mouse cup games. Why would a top Prem keeper agree to that? It'll be a good Championship keeper or a foreign (probably Italian) keeper no one has heard of before

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bart to Chelsea? on 13:43 - Jun 1 with 3490 viewshoppy

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:58 - Jun 1 by JimmyJazz

Whoever they get is consigning themselves to 2 or 3 years of bench warming amidst a run out in the Mickey Mouse cup games. Why would a top Prem keeper agree to that? It'll be a good Championship keeper or a foreign (probably Italian) keeper no one has heard of before

Exhibit A: Richard Wright, M'Lud.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bart to Chelsea? on 13:45 - Jun 1 with 3483 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:56 - Jun 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Not too many keepers already at Premier League clubs will be happy to go and play second fiddle to Courtois at Chelsea I would imagine, hence why Begovic has moved on.

Might be a decent Championship goalie that goes in there IMO, I see Betinelli at Fulham has been linked with a possible move there so maybe they are looking outside the Premier League.

Unfortunately, with the money Chelsea would be happy to splash, i fear most keepers would be happy to sit and collect the bonus money of being at Chelsea

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Bart to Chelsea? on 13:49 - Jun 1 with 3472 viewsDoobDude

Doubt it will be Chelsea but there is no doubt that Bart will be leaving this summer. There's 15 Premiership teams who would take him as backup and many Championship teams would have him as 1st choice.

£5m is what he is worth, although the amount is irrelevant as not a single penny will be spent on transfers.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Bart to Chelsea? on 13:58 - Jun 1 with 3439 viewsjpring89

If it happened good for him probably get more money for him that way i would imagine. One things for sure i would not sell to a championship rival unless it was similar to murph deal where you couldnt really turn 3 mill down for a 33 year old.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:10 - Jun 1 with 3392 viewstcblue

He's not good enough for subs bench for most of the PL. He's a fantastic Championship keeper and his shot stopping is joyous but his distribution and command of his area isn't PL standard.
Bart to Chelsea? on 14:12 - Jun 1 with 3386 viewshype313

He's not good enough to be Chelsea's number 2.

Might be hard to hear for die hard fans of his, but it's the truth. We are talking about a club who had Tottenham's former number one as their reserve.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:17 - Jun 1 with 3357 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:10 - Jun 1 by tcblue

He's not good enough for subs bench for most of the PL. He's a fantastic Championship keeper and his shot stopping is joyous but his distribution and command of his area isn't PL standard.

Agreed. I would be surprised if he went to the premier league let alone Chelsea!
Bart to Chelsea? on 14:17 - Jun 1 with 3358 viewschristiand

Would see that as a sideways move really. Is he going to get selected for the Polish national side sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge? He's playing every game here and still cant get into the side. I would feel that he needs a move to a top Championship side, a newly promoted team or a lower Premier League side. To get into the national squad he needs to be playing regularly at a higher standard, Chelsea is not the answer in my opinion.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:19 - Jun 1 with 3347 viewsJimmyJazz

Bart to Chelsea? on 13:43 - Jun 1 by hoppy

Exhibit A: Richard Wright, M'Lud.

He was the exception as far as keepers were concerned and swapped an England career for that of a bench warmer

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:19 - Jun 1 with 3345 viewsBloots

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:12 - Jun 1 by hype313

He's not good enough to be Chelsea's number 2.

Might be hard to hear for die hard fans of his, but it's the truth. We are talking about a club who had Tottenham's former number one as their reserve.

....our fans think.

He's caught the eye of late due to a combination of having more work to do and being compared to the rest of the dross on show.

He's like that average looking bird at work that you wouldn't look at twice on a night out, but because you see her every day and all the other birds in the office are such munters, you end up giving her one in the stationary cupboard.

Probably.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:20 - Jun 1 with 3337 viewshype313

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:19 - Jun 1 by Bloots

....our fans think.

He's caught the eye of late due to a combination of having more work to do and being compared to the rest of the dross on show.

He's like that average looking bird at work that you wouldn't look at twice on a night out, but because you see her every day and all the other birds in the office are such munters, you end up giving her one in the stationary cupboard.

Probably.

Speaking from experience?

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:20 - Jun 1 with 3335 viewschristiand

Bart to Chelsea? on 12:56 - Jun 1 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Betinelli is a young keeper - early 20s? He'd probably gain a lot from this type of move playing and working with top class players day in, day out. Could understand this move and you are buying someone with growing potential.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bart to Chelsea? on 14:23 - Jun 1 with 3325 viewshampstead_blue

Makes sense.

He's the profile of keeper to want a move to a Prem club but isn't high profile enough to get a guaranteed starting place.

Fingers crossed we get good money for him.

I've no problem with him being sold if the right offer arrives. Heck, I'd ask to talk the them if they came in for me. Shame I'm a cricketer!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:32 - Jun 1 with 3295 viewsMullet

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:20 - Jun 1 by hype313

Speaking from experience?

Sort of, Bloots is one of the munters I reckon.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm gonna meet you for a beer next season.... on 14:43 - Jun 1 with 3254 viewsBloots

He really isn't as good as some of..... on 14:32 - Jun 1 by Mullet

Sort of, Bloots is one of the munters I reckon.

...you won't be able to keep your hands off me.

Guaranteed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm gonna meet you for a beer next season.... on 14:45 - Jun 1 with 3242 viewsMullet

I'm gonna meet you for a beer next season.... on 14:43 - Jun 1 by Bloots

...you won't be able to keep your hands off me.

Guaranteed.

I dunno who should be more scared.

Spanish Gold please x

Bart to Chelsea? on 15:09 - Jun 1 with 3203 viewsMullet

Looking more like Fulham I reckon

Bart to Chelsea? on 15:10 - Jun 1 with 3192 viewschicoazul

anytime anyone says "to be honest" theyre doing the other thing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bart to Chelsea? on 15:11 - Jun 1 with 3186 viewshype313

Bart to Chelsea? on 15:10 - Jun 1 by chicoazul

anytime anyone says "to be honest" theyre doing the other thing.

Or they have been lying up until that point.

Bart to Chelsea? on 08:42 - Jun 2 with 2973 viewsitfcjoe

I'd heard David Stockdale is going there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bart to Chelsea? on 08:42 - Jun 2 with 2967 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hahahaha

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024