Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Iron shirts 10:38 - Oct 11 with 7536 viewsartsbossbeard

Got an elongated work trip shortly and these seem ideal for this.

Anyone use them? T M Lewin are currently offering 4 for £70 BUT is this non-iron statement true?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Non Iron shirts on 10:44 - Oct 11 with 7522 viewshomer_123

No - it's utterly not true.

The only way I've ever got close to non-iron is by leaving the shirt damp and then hanging it our to dry.....even then, it's not crisp and clean.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Non Iron shirts on 10:45 - Oct 11 with 7515 viewsartsbossbeard

Non Iron shirts on 10:44 - Oct 11 by homer_123

No - it's utterly not true.

The only way I've ever got close to non-iron is by leaving the shirt damp and then hanging it our to dry.....even then, it's not crisp and clean.

Gotcha, I'll have a packing rethink then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Non Iron shirts on 10:46 - Oct 11 with 7513 viewsitfcjoe

Just get there and hang all your shirts up in the bathroom (although remove when taking a dump) - the steam from shower will do enough to make them presentable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Non Iron shirts on 10:47 - Oct 11 with 7502 viewshampstead_blue

In a word.....No.

Nothing is non-iron.
They put a coating over the shirt to help it lose creases but that washes off.

A good steam iron or, take an empty water spray bottle. I've never been to a hotel with a decent steam iron.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Non Iron shirts on 10:58 - Oct 11 with 7465 viewsBlue_Order

I liked this one.

Non Iron shirts on 11:00 - Oct 11 with 7452 viewsartsbossbeard

Non Iron shirts on 10:58 - Oct 11 by Blue_Order

I liked this one.

Hoppy is seething that you've beaten him to it.

Non Iron shirts on 11:05 - Oct 11 with 7438 viewsusm

no they still need ironing. "easy iron" would be a better description"

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Non Iron shirts on 11:05 - Oct 11 with 7441 viewsSWGF

Just iron the front portion.

I've taken to wearing v-neck jumpers over a work shirt on the bimonthly trip to the office, so I only iron the collar...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Non Iron shirts on 11:18 - Oct 11 with 7411 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I have some 'Non-Iron' shirts from GAP that are actually pretty good, but as with anything there is no such thing as a completely non iron, particularly when packed into a bag..

Though my tip is to roll shirts rather than fold and I always hang out to dry after washing and immediately hang when I arrive at a hotel.
Non Iron shirts on 11:47 - Oct 11 with 7372 views05Jchamb

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are hands down better quality than TM Lewin. I find the non iron are passable without a going over as long as you wash them with the buttons done up and then hang them to dry as soon as the wash is finished. Usually do the front and arms though.
Non Iron shirts on 12:36 - Oct 11 with 7313 viewsBlueinBrum

I wear Tyrwhitt non-iron shirts every day and have never ironed one.

I just make sure i hang them up ASAP after washing and do all the buttons up and they come out completely fine.

Any tiny creases have gone (or new ones have been create) by the time i've spent 30 mins on the tube anyway.

They don't last for ever but at 4 for £100 (and usually a 10% off voucher you can find somewhere) you can't really argue
Non Iron shirts on 17:48 - Oct 11 with 7187 viewshoppy

Non Iron shirts on 11:00 - Oct 11 by artsbossbeard

Hoppy is seething that you've beaten him to it.

Nah.. I'll let him have that one. I've been off here more often than on lately, so somebody has to keep the crap puns and groaners going in my absence.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Non Iron shirts on 17:51 - Oct 11 with 7183 viewsDubtractor

It is a load of balls.

Don't do it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Non Iron shirts on 18:18 - Oct 11 with 7162 viewshoskerdu

No, I have been stung in the past by the heady promise of a non-iron shirt.

False advertising.
Non Iron shirts on 18:21 - Oct 11 with 7153 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Get them laundered in the hotel, or get them laundered at your local dry cleaners who will pack them in a travel sensitive way.
Non Iron shirts on 18:48 - Oct 11 with 7133 viewsxrayspecs

Thomas Pink non iron are pretty good.
Non Iron shirts on 18:50 - Oct 11 with 7128 viewsflimflam

Do people still iron?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Non Iron shirts on 18:57 - Oct 11 with 7119 viewschicoazul

Non Iron shirts on 11:47 - Oct 11 by 05Jchamb

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts are hands down better quality than TM Lewin. I find the non iron are passable without a going over as long as you wash them with the buttons done up and then hang them to dry as soon as the wash is finished. Usually do the front and arms though.

Agree on Tyrwhitt. The only formal shirts I buy. I only have a couple of non iron but they are the ones I take on trips etc as they genuinely do work.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Non Iron shirts on 21:47 - Oct 11 with 7063 viewsStokieBlue

Why not just buy some shirts and iron them in the morning on your trip?

Every hotel has an iron.

Let's not be lazy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Non Iron shirts on 21:52 - Oct 11 with 7055 viewsHerbivore

You guys iron? I don't even own an iron.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Non Iron shirts on 09:28 - Oct 12 with 6956 viewshampstead_blue

Non Iron shirts on 18:57 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

Agree on Tyrwhitt. The only formal shirts I buy. I only have a couple of non iron but they are the ones I take on trips etc as they genuinely do work.

I've met the CEO of TM Lewin a few times, did some business with them. A really nice chap.

Apparently they make very little indeed on the shirts as the collar has around 14 separate parts.

I've just bought my first lot of Tyrwhitt shirts so will be able to make a judgement on both. Until now I've bought Lewin as they are a great company to do business with and the leadership team were really good to us.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Non Iron shirts on 09:29 - Oct 12 with 6956 viewshampstead_blue

Non Iron shirts on 11:05 - Oct 11 by SWGF

Just iron the front portion.

I've taken to wearing v-neck jumpers over a work shirt on the bimonthly trip to the office, so I only iron the collar...

As a very young private we tried that in the Army but had an NCO who'd just done a stint at depot and was cute to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024