Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Knight 21:20 - Jun 28 with 14589 viewsrayman_10

Apparently gone to Man City for 1 mill

COYB

Ben Knight on 21:58 - Jun 28 with 3460 viewsMullet

Ben Knight on 21:52 - Jun 28 by christiand

Just no guarantees. Precocious talents don’t always make it. If this story is true, it could quite easily be another lad that goes by the wayside. He’s now going to be a small fish in a huge pond with many youngsters with that same ability all fighting for that same ‘goal’.

I hope he makes it. I hope he captains England or whatever, and maybe Barnsley fans felt pride when Stones bagged those goals the other day in some way and whatever?

I just hate the system, I hate that we never seem to benefit much from it. Mick had Mings and that kept us afloat, but how can relying on those every 5 years just to keep the lights on be the way?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ben Knight on 22:01 - Jun 28 with 3430 viewschristiand

Ben Knight on 21:58 - Jun 28 by Mullet

I hope he makes it. I hope he captains England or whatever, and maybe Barnsley fans felt pride when Stones bagged those goals the other day in some way and whatever?

I just hate the system, I hate that we never seem to benefit much from it. Mick had Mings and that kept us afloat, but how can relying on those every 5 years just to keep the lights on be the way?

Very much with you on this Mullet and share your frustration! 👍

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ben Knight on 22:03 - Jun 28 with 3429 viewsmaccyd9

Good mate of mine is a coach down the club. City have been sniffing round for ages and the parents have been offered stupid stuff to get him to move.

As for the lad, by all accounts the best English prospect of his age, head and shoulders above the Chelsea, city, Utd lads of his same age.

Absolutely gutting and for that fee is a disgrace.

Modern football can do one.
Ben Knight on 22:06 - Jun 28 with 3391 viewssoupytwist

Ben Knight on 21:31 - Jun 28 by SWGF

Was told in May that he hadn't signed a contract and his parents were desperate for him to join a premier league club

According to Elvin King on that Twitter thread his father is ex England cricketer Nick Knight. Is that right?
Ben Knight on 22:07 - Jun 28 with 3377 viewsRocky

If money had talked as loud during the Robson years, we would probably never have seen Beattie, Wark, Brazil, Gates etc in an Ipswich shirt - all would have been carried off by Prem teams while in our youth team.
Outside of about six clubs, football is dead
Ben Knight on 22:13 - Jun 28 with 3325 viewsPJH

Ben Knight on 22:07 - Jun 28 by Rocky

If money had talked as loud during the Robson years, we would probably never have seen Beattie, Wark, Brazil, Gates etc in an Ipswich shirt - all would have been carried off by Prem teams while in our youth team.
Outside of about six clubs, football is dead

Do you think?

When those players were in our youth team WE were one of the top teams in the country anyway(or on the point of becoming so).

Liverpool might have got the great Kevin Beattie before us anyway if they had bothered to meet him at Lime Street station.
Ben Knight on 22:17 - Jun 28 with 3282 viewsRocky

Ben Knight on 22:13 - Jun 28 by PJH

Do you think?

When those players were in our youth team WE were one of the top teams in the country anyway(or on the point of becoming so).

Liverpool might have got the great Kevin Beattie before us anyway if they had bothered to meet him at Lime Street station.

The point remains that there were no super-rich owners in those days, no clubs hoovering up any 16/17 year olds showing great promise at youth level.
Ben Knight on 22:18 - Jun 28 with 3281 viewsITFCBlues

Ben Knight on 21:58 - Jun 28 by Mullet

Could be about to lose another one as well....only 300 followers on the account - not sure how much is in this?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Knight on 22:21 - Jun 28 with 3251 viewsPJH

Ben Knight on 22:17 - Jun 28 by Rocky

The point remains that there were no super-rich owners in those days, no clubs hoovering up any 16/17 year olds showing great promise at youth level.

Very true but the point also remains that if any of those players had left us at youth team age there were very few clubs that they could go to where they might have bettered themselves.
Ben Knight on 22:25 - Jun 28 with 3218 viewsSWGF

Ben Knight on 22:06 - Jun 28 by soupytwist

According to Elvin King on that Twitter thread his father is ex England cricketer Nick Knight. Is that right?

Not as far as I'm aware. Sure we'd have known if that were the case, wouldn't we? I know Knight has a 10-11yr old who plays cricket for Suffolk as he plays against Jnr.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ben Knight on 22:29 - Jun 28 with 3184 viewstextbackup

Ben Knight on 21:39 - Jun 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Is he the one Joe says is a future star?

The really really good one?

He’s the One that Dyer says is the best player under 20 he’s ever seen

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ben Knight on 22:31 - Jun 28 with 3169 viewssoupytwist

Ben Knight on 22:25 - Jun 28 by SWGF

Not as far as I'm aware. Sure we'd have known if that were the case, wouldn't we? I know Knight has a 10-11yr old who plays cricket for Suffolk as he plays against Jnr.

I'm not convinced either. My cousin's boy plays cricket for Suffolk under 10s & (is reasonably well connected in Suffolk youth football) I'll ask him if he knows.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 22:32]
Ben Knight on 22:34 - Jun 28 with 3142 viewsITFCBlues

How truthful do we really think this is? Twitter account with 300 followers?

Ben Knight on 22:35 - Jun 28 with 3140 viewssoupytwist

Ben Knight on 22:18 - Jun 28 by ITFCBlues

Could be about to lose another one as well....only 300 followers on the account - not sure how much is in this?

Would add to their credibility if they knew how to spell the plural of academy. However this is quite a likely story.
Ben Knight on 22:41 - Jun 28 with 3107 viewsitfc48

Ben Knight on 22:06 - Jun 28 by soupytwist

Nope Nick is his uncle.
Ben Knight on 22:42 - Jun 28 with 3097 viewsBrianTablet

Ben Knight on 21:39 - Jun 28 by SWGF

I can fully understand the parents. A life-changing amount of money, setting themselves all up for life before he's started his career.

He could knack his knee next week.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:40]

Yes, because sport is all about the money.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Ben Knight on 22:54 - Jun 28 with 3057 viewsPhilTWTD

That is correct unfortunately. Not a done deal but expected to be sorted, just over 1 million.
Ben Knight on 23:00 - Jun 28 with 3012 viewsITFCBlues

Ben Knight on 22:54 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

That is correct unfortunately. Not a done deal but expected to be sorted, just over 1 million.

You have to question the purpose of the academy....it’s worth going down the Brentford route surely!?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 23:04]

Ben Knight on 23:01 - Jun 28 with 3010 viewsbournemouthblue

This was always going to be the reality of EPPP

All very disappointing

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ben Knight on 23:04 - Jun 28 with 3002 viewsitfc1981

Ben Knight on 22:54 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

If we had made Cat 1 would we have been in a position to rebuff such a bid?

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

Ben Knight on 23:04 - Jun 28 with 3002 viewsRocky

Ben Knight on 22:21 - Jun 28 by PJH

Very true but the point also remains that if any of those players had left us at youth team age there were very few clubs that they could go to where they might have bettered themselves.

With respect, I think you're missing the point.
The wealthy clubs are now grabbing every possible young prospect out there. Small change to them.
It's killing clubs outside the top 5 or 6 - making it virtually impossible to compete.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 23:09]
Ben Knight on 23:12 - Jun 28 with 2974 viewsitfcjoe

Sad, but been on the cards for a while now - was just no real way to keep him after his parents head had been turned.

Nothing to do with EPPP or anything else - purely a case that they have so much money and can totally bully us and set him and his family up for life. What else can anyone do?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Knight on 23:13 - Jun 28 with 2949 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Knight on 23:04 - Jun 28 by itfc1981

No - been more moves between Cat 1 clubs than Cat 2 to 1

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Knight on 23:21 - Jun 28 with 2905 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Knight on 23:04 - Jun 28 by itfc1981

As Joe says, no.
Ben Knight on 23:22 - Jun 28 with 2900 viewsPhilTWTD

Ben Knight on 23:01 - Jun 28 by bournemouthblue

This was always going to be the reality of EPPP

All very disappointing

Not really related to EPPP, same sort of thing happened prior to that era.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024