Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse 12:52 - Jul 16 with 3721 viewsDanFord

Mr Sheeran has won permission to have anti-homeless measures outside his home despite claiming he was homeless himself once. He's now suggested it's to keep the press out, but the planning permission continually referred to the homeless. Oh dear Ed. Couldn't he have just said it was to keep Norwich out? Everyone would understand that.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 12:56 - Jul 16 with 3682 viewsshoopdelang

Whatever it is I think he is being quite reasonable to not want people sleeping outside his house.
Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 12:57 - Jul 16 with 3675 viewsSuperblue95

Pretty sure he's dismissed the claims that he was homeless before

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:02 - Jul 16 with 3622 viewsBrixtonBlue

Maybe you should take these homeless to sleep outside your house then.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:04 - Jul 16 with 3614 viewsmonytowbray

He was never "homeless", he couch surfed between mate's houses, which is quite different.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 3572 viewsGuthrum

The quote about anti-homeless gates was from the architect. Did Sheeran specify that aspect himself, or is it standard design for prime properties in London?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:15 - Jul 16 with 3520 viewsReuser_is_God

Man building a multi million pound house doesn’t what homeless people sleeping out the front of it.

Neither would I.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:16 - Jul 16 with 3505 viewschicoazul

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 12:56 - Jul 16 by shoopdelang

Whatever it is I think he is being quite reasonable to not want people sleeping outside his house.

You would think it would literally be that simple wouldnt you? But that is no longer the world we live in. People believe they are owed an explanation for why a person does what they do with their private property;

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:17 - Jul 16 with 3499 viewsitfcjoe

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:15 - Jul 16 by Reuser_is_God

Man building a multi million pound house doesn’t what homeless people sleeping out the front of it.

Neither would I.

Where Mrs itfcjoe works they often have a homeless person sleeping in the doorway. Twice last week they had to clear his stuff away including an actual sh*t he had done there.

If they were to put anti-homeless stuff up they would get lambasted - silly really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:36 - Jul 16 with 3385 viewsBlueBadger

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:04 - Jul 16 by monytowbray

He was never "homeless", he couch surfed between mate's houses, which is quite different.

Yes, it's a slight upgrade from living on the streets, but it's recognised form of homelessness which quite often doesn't appear on any stats because it's 'hidden'.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 19:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:36 - Jul 16 with 3385 viewsGuthrum

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:17 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Where Mrs itfcjoe works they often have a homeless person sleeping in the doorway. Twice last week they had to clear his stuff away including an actual sh*t he had done there.

If they were to put anti-homeless stuff up they would get lambasted - silly really

In any case, to seriously tackle homelessness requires an awful lot more than providing doorways where they can sleep.

Not just hostels, but mental health care and substance abuse programmes, economic support and all the other things to deal with the root causes of these people's situations. All this takes money, time and skilled/dedicated people (which comes back to money). Of which there is already not enough to go around.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:39 - Jul 16 with 3361 viewsmr_bean

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:04 - Jul 16 by monytowbray

Quite.

In short, he was....

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:41 - Jul 16 with 3346 viewsfooters

If I were him I'd be more worried about producing such rubbish music. In fact, there's an idea. He could just play it on repeat to keep those pesky vagrants away.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:41 - Jul 16 with 3333 viewsBluefish

I opened this assuming you were talking about sitters

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:43 - Jul 16 with 3313 viewsEdSheeran

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:41 - Jul 16 by footers

If I were him I'd be more worried about producing such rubbish music. In fact, there's an idea. He could just play it on repeat to keep those pesky vagrants away.

How about **** off?
Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:46 - Jul 16 with 3279 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Isnt his house in a rural location??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:50 - Jul 16 with 3252 viewsfooters

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:43 - Jul 16 by EdSheeran

How about **** off?

Sorry Ed. By way of apology I'll download your latest album and never listen to it.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 3234 viewsLankHenners

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:46 - Jul 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

His one in Suffolk is, the house in question is in London.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:53 - Jul 16 with 3219 viewsmonty_radio

Surely the Beat is our most famous fan - well, in my house anyway

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 14:49 - Jul 16 with 3062 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He may call it home but it has the appearance of H.M.P. Sheeran! from the outside!
(The Suffolk one that is!)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 14:50]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 17:11 - Jul 16 with 2885 viewsjeera

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:51 - Jul 16 by LankHenners

His one in Suffolk is, the house in question is in London.

Someone with 2 homes who has an issue with homeless people?

I can't believe that. Fake news.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 17:19 - Jul 16 with 2857 viewsLuk38644

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:46 - Jul 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

He has one in Dennington
Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 17:50 - Jul 16 with 2794 viewstextbackup

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:15 - Jul 16 by Reuser_is_God

Neither would I.

I wouldn’t have been happy with people sleeping outside my first house on Waveney road, and that only cost £86k
That said I slept outside a few times

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 19:14 - Jul 16 with 2637 viewssparks

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 13:36 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Yes, it's a slight upgrade from living on the streets, but it's recognised form of homelessness which quite often doesn't appear on any stats because it's 'hidden'.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 19:28]

Indeed. People involved with such issues and work make the distinction between "homeless" and "street homeless".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 19:22 - Jul 16 with 2610 viewsjeera

Our most famous fan is coming in for some serious abuse on 19:14 - Jul 16 by sparks

Indeed. People involved with such issues and work make the distinction between "homeless" and "street homeless".

There's a difference, but neither should be happening other than by choice.

I can categorically say that the help isn't out there for those who need it.

Not relevant to this thread perhaps. Just saying.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024