Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So itfcjoe... 23:54 - Jun 23 with 21937 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What did PC say to Dobra that's so bad that he will definitely leave?

Dobra did actually say he wanted to come back and fight for a first team place. I'm assuming he said that after PC said whatever it was to him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So itfcjoe... on 09:13 - Jun 24 with 2460 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So itfcjoe... on 00:18 - Jun 24 by jeera

You think it's appropriate?

Christ.

Well he answered and didn't seem that offended

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So itfcjoe... on 09:14 - Jun 24 with 2463 viewsBryanPlug

So itfcjoe... on 09:02 - Jun 24 by franz_tyson

If it’s true that Dobra has been singled out with the harshest words from Cook, then why is that? He’s not an influential senior player and more of a squad player. Why would Cook deliver such harsh treatment to a 20 year old? And he’s certainly got some desire that you’d think Cook would appreciate.
Has Dobra shown or given the impression that he’s got a bad attitude or someone who could be a disruptive influence? Doesn’t add up he’s been singled out.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So itfcjoe... on 09:25 - Jun 24 with 2376 viewschrismakin

Nothing close to what was said on here

What is happening with Dobra is planned.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So itfcjoe... on 09:25 - Jun 24 with 2374 viewschicoazul

What is this “bomb squad” business lads

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So itfcjoe... on 09:29 - Jun 24 with 2356 viewsPhilTWTD

So itfcjoe... on 09:02 - Jun 24 by Mullet

A very odd way to man manage him on the face of it though. He’s the one who has the most talent vs resale value or injuries out of the bomb squad list. It makes the least sense to me.

From his comments to the Albanian media the other week it does seem to have had the desired effect.
So itfcjoe... on 09:32 - Jun 24 with 2313 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So itfcjoe... on 08:57 - Jun 24 by portmanking

Of course, but to suggest it will 'all be down to Dyer' means that Cook is happy to sit back and let others call the shots. I don't think that's remotely the case given how many people he's decided to let go.

If Phil has heard that Cook is more enamoured with Dobra than some believe, I'm inclined to trust that.

"Of course, but to suggest it will 'all be down to Dyer' means that Cook is happy to sit back and let others call the shots."

I think you've been taking things far too literally.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So itfcjoe... on 09:46 - Jun 24 with 2261 viewsChurchman

So itfcjoe... on 09:09 - Jun 24 by N2_Blue

Too many Chinese whispers going on for my liking.

Think a lot of what is actually said is having its context lost or not repeated 100% accurately.

Appreciate people like to share what they hear but when things don't really stack up you have to question it, sorry.

Its obvious that soft touch Ipswich has gone and players are being told to show their worth it they want to stay. You want to be part of Ipswich's next chapter go prove it. This has not happened for years and it's about time we got tough again because this is what will make a difference on the pitch. There will be 11 players who actually want to graft and play for PC.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 9:11]

I agree with this. It’s always interesting how rumoured conversations without context become statement of fact on which judgements are then made.

In this instance, let’s try a Cook-outer version: incompetent Cook couldn’t get the League’s best squad into the playoffs, didn’t speak properly to our captain, legend and leader saves his most extreme abuse for Dobra. Because he is weak willed and doesn’t know a decent player if he sees one, he allows KD to persuade him that there maybe something in Dobra. The player is told by KD he’s not being kicked out and he, for the sake of his career, announces he wants to stay and is going to give it his best.

A Cook-inner version: Manager wants shot of some players because of ridiculous numbers, the players who’ve been stealing a living here, the aged and unfit or those that won’t fit the system he wants to play. Of the maybes it is about whether they want to be here so he issues a challenge, as I believe he’s done at previous clubs. Dobra, because he wants to progress gets the message and wants to fight for a place in the team and announces it accordingly.

Both paragraphs are total rubbish. With the exception of Phil, we are blind to what is going on, what is said and in what context. Like N2 Blue, if we have a group of players who want to play for each other and the manager, I’ll settle for that, even if their individual ability is lacking. It’ll take us a lot further than a squad of 40 with the wrong attitude in my view.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 9:47]
So itfcjoe... on 09:47 - Jun 24 with 2249 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I get the impression this First XI/Under 23's business is a mix of moving players on and motivation. The likes of Bishop and Downes obviously in the first category. But it's interesting that there are precisely 11 players on the first team list. That's basically a statement to the rest saying they have to earn their place in that squad list. If we are anticipating 4 or 5 new signings I think we will see 5 or 6 move over 'at the managers discretion' as the season approaches, probably including Dobra. This is basically PC laying down a challenge to those on the periphery of the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

So itfcjoe... on 10:05 - Jun 24 with 2168 viewstractorboy1978

So itfcjoe... on 09:47 - Jun 24 by C_Jam_Blue

I get the impression this First XI/Under 23's business is a mix of moving players on and motivation. The likes of Bishop and Downes obviously in the first category. But it's interesting that there are precisely 11 players on the first team list. That's basically a statement to the rest saying they have to earn their place in that squad list. If we are anticipating 4 or 5 new signings I think we will see 5 or 6 move over 'at the managers discretion' as the season approaches, probably including Dobra. This is basically PC laying down a challenge to those on the periphery of the squad.

4/5 of that 11 won't be in the first team picture in a few weeks time. Realistically we are looking for at least 10 new signings. Probably more like 12/13.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 10:24]
So itfcjoe... on 10:13 - Jun 24 with 2106 viewsN2_Blue

So itfcjoe... on 09:46 - Jun 24 by Churchman

I agree with this. It’s always interesting how rumoured conversations without context become statement of fact on which judgements are then made.

In this instance, let’s try a Cook-outer version: incompetent Cook couldn’t get the League’s best squad into the playoffs, didn’t speak properly to our captain, legend and leader saves his most extreme abuse for Dobra. Because he is weak willed and doesn’t know a decent player if he sees one, he allows KD to persuade him that there maybe something in Dobra. The player is told by KD he’s not being kicked out and he, for the sake of his career, announces he wants to stay and is going to give it his best.

A Cook-inner version: Manager wants shot of some players because of ridiculous numbers, the players who’ve been stealing a living here, the aged and unfit or those that won’t fit the system he wants to play. Of the maybes it is about whether they want to be here so he issues a challenge, as I believe he’s done at previous clubs. Dobra, because he wants to progress gets the message and wants to fight for a place in the team and announces it accordingly.

Both paragraphs are total rubbish. With the exception of Phil, we are blind to what is going on, what is said and in what context. Like N2 Blue, if we have a group of players who want to play for each other and the manager, I’ll settle for that, even if their individual ability is lacking. It’ll take us a lot further than a squad of 40 with the wrong attitude in my view.

You have very eloquently put what i was thinking and trying to get at. Completely agree!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So itfcjoe... on 10:13 - Jun 24 with 2105 viewschrismakin

So itfcjoe... on 08:59 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Of course it doesn’t mean that, Cook is the one making the decisions - just that if he has had his mind changed I think after being a keen supporter of AD is likely to be the route for that conversation to have begun

PC has always rated Dobs, it hasn't changed. We've gone back and forwards on few things Joe, but this one is the 'one' I know about, the ins the outs, the whys etc and what ever on earth you were told about it all on him specifically was nowhere near the case.

We wil all move on now, but who ever told you 'that' version was way off im afraid

Anyway, fixtures are out now, something for us all to look forward too. Fingers crossed some new signings to start flowing through.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So itfcjoe... on 10:20 - Jun 24 with 2052 viewsMetal_Hacker

Does anyone else get the feeling of DeJa Vu and simply reading the same "issues/threads" day in and day out ?

Roll on the imminent incoming signings and more importantly the start of the bloody season

Starting to make my brain bleed now innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

So itfcjoe... on 10:26 - Jun 24 with 2010 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So itfcjoe... on 08:34 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I’ve said previously, but basically told home in no uncertain terms he won’t play again and won’t be welcome back - contractually you can’t just do that so guess that is why he is training with 23s as no other option in bomb squad

As Keanish said, it makes little sense on the face of it, especially when only 11 players in first team training - if we had 20+ first teamers and he was put back there it would be difficult to understand after last season….but with 11?

As someone else said - interesting that that number is 11. Exactly the same number of players you have on the pitch.

Is this just a coincidence? Or is this Cook's current first 11*... with the challenge being "If you're not in it, show me you want to be"?

*I don't mean that literally... there's no left back for starters, although a couple of them could play there. I mean his favoured 11 players right now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So itfcjoe... on 10:27 - Jun 24 with 1997 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So itfcjoe... on 08:41 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Wonder what changed on that one? As he was one with one of strongest message and it seemed pretty final

If it is the case he stays imagine it will be all down to Dyer who likes him

Can you back up what Cook said to Dobra Joe, with a first hand account? Or is this just hearsay? Or is it one of those, 'I can't say who told me' moments

Because without wishing to sound funny, I could come on here and say that Cook thinks Skuse had one leg longer than the other and that why he ran in circles.

But that would be false wouldn't it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So itfcjoe... on 10:28 - Jun 24 with 1980 viewsButterbing

So itfcjoe... on 09:46 - Jun 24 by Churchman

Very well put. I agree with you.

Just to add - the "info" that some post on here is not helpful when taken out of context. A conversation is two-sided and if you only hear snippets of one side of a conversation from a second or third-hand source then it is very unreliable. People have then been framing their opinion of Cook using this unreliable info.

I hope our new players have less loose lips than the previous bunch. The amount of "inside knowledge" made available to fans over the last few years has been quite high. I have always felt it very disrespectful to the club/manager/teammates. Some of it allegedly seems to have been coming from the previous club captain which is pretty appalling if true.
So itfcjoe... on 10:29 - Jun 24 with 1974 viewstractorboy1978

So itfcjoe... on 10:26 - Jun 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

As someone else said - interesting that that number is 11. Exactly the same number of players you have on the pitch.

Is this just a coincidence? Or is this Cook's current first 11*... with the challenge being "If you're not in it, show me you want to be"?

*I don't mean that literally... there's no left back for starters, although a couple of them could play there. I mean his favoured 11 players right now.

There's 4 players in that 11 he's not even seen train/play for us. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if half of those aren't here when the season starts.
So itfcjoe... on 10:30 - Jun 24 with 1967 viewsPhilTWTD

So itfcjoe... on 10:27 - Jun 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Can you back up what Cook said to Dobra Joe, with a first hand account? Or is this just hearsay? Or is it one of those, 'I can't say who told me' moments

Because without wishing to sound funny, I could come on here and say that Cook thinks Skuse had one leg longer than the other and that why he ran in circles.

I can back up that Dobra was very firmly told to find a new club but, as I say, I think he was one where it was a case of trying to motivate him. Joe has shown over the years he has good info.
So itfcjoe... on 10:31 - Jun 24 with 1954 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So itfcjoe... on 08:41 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Wonder what changed on that one? As he was one with one of strongest message and it seemed pretty final

If it is the case he stays imagine it will be all down to Dyer who likes him

So if he leaves the blame is on Cook.

If he stays the credit goes to Dyer.

Righto.

So itfcjoe... on 10:32 - Jun 24 with 1927 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So itfcjoe... on 09:25 - Jun 24 by chicoazul

What is this “bomb squad” business lads

The 'Bomb Squad' is what Lambert used to have.
It's like Stockholm Syndrome, some supporters just can't shake PL off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So itfcjoe... on 10:33 - Jun 24 with 1926 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So itfcjoe... on 10:27 - Jun 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Joe's version certainly seems to be at odds with Phil's version.

Edit: Just seen Phil's response above - maybe they're not that far apart but Phil's seems a bit more measured/motivational compared to Joe's 'you're out sunshine, and there's no coming back.'
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 10:37]

Hallelujah and praise be to Phil! on 10:34 - Jun 24 with 1903 viewsunstableblue

So itfcjoe... on 08:36 - Jun 24 by PhilTWTD

For what it's worth, I think Dobra will be one of those that stays. He wants to, as he's said, and I think in his case the encouragement to move on this summer was aimed at motivating him. From what I gather he is one that's rated.

I needed that little fillet of good news (well potential good news).

Does pre-season start Monday Phil?

Is the intent this will include the U23s and First Team together (seeing as we only have 11 players in the first team dressing room) - normally I believe its split?

Do we have a physio/performance/fitness team half the size of the first team? crazy times Phil, crazy times.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So itfcjoe... on 10:44 - Jun 24 with 1835 viewsitfcjoe

So itfcjoe... on 10:26 - Jun 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don’t think the number being 11 means anything personally - there’s a clear break down to it

New signings - Evans and Burns

Players who played last year that have either done enough, or are going to be too difficult to move on and need to make work - KVY, Norwood, Woolf, Toto and Holy

Players he hasn’t seen yet first hand due to loan/injury - Nolan, Donacien, Ndaba and El Mizouni

I think the last 4 are very far from being seen as first teamers (yet). Holy has been told he can leave, but now Cornell gone then Cook may see keeping him as back up easier than getting him out and someone else in?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So itfcjoe... on 10:45 - Jun 24 with 1816 viewsitfcjoe

So itfcjoe... on 10:31 - Jun 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

So if he leaves the blame is on Cook.

If he stays the credit goes to Dyer.

Righto.

Not what I’ve said, Cook has to listen to Dyer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hallelujah and praise be to Phil! on 10:48 - Jun 24 with 1787 viewsPhilTWTD

Hallelujah and praise be to Phil! on 10:34 - Jun 24 by unstableblue

I needed that little fillet of good news (well potential good news).

Does pre-season start Monday Phil?

Is the intent this will include the U23s and First Team together (seeing as we only have 11 players in the first team dressing room) - normally I believe its split?

Do we have a physio/performance/fitness team half the size of the first team? crazy times Phil, crazy times.

Think the U23s are in today for testing and same for the first-team Saturday.
Hallelujah and praise be to Phil! on 11:26 - Jun 24 with 1600 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah and praise be to Phil! on 10:48 - Jun 24 by PhilTWTD

Think the U23s are in today for testing and same for the first-team Saturday.

So pre-season starts Saturday.... and we've signed 2 players

And our first (proper) pre-season match is in just over 3 weeks, and first league game is in:

43 DAYS; 15 HOURS; 34 MINUTES

Must not panic, must not panic.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024