Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Stop Oil 11:38 - May 25 with 12093 viewsGeoffSentence

Have done the Chelsea Flower Show now.

Is Nothing Sacred?

Edit: Just seen that Keno has done this already.
[Post edited 25 May 2023 11:45]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just Stop Oil on 11:41 - May 25 with 4781 viewsJ2BLUE

I am not sure how this helps them really to be honest.

I assume they did it because of who designed the garden but on the surface attacking nature itself is quite odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just Stop Oil on 11:44 - May 25 with 4760 viewsGeoffSentence

Just Stop Oil on 11:41 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I assume they did it because of who designed the garden but on the surface attacking nature itself is quite odd.

I think that was the point.

"You can't grow plants and biodiversity if it is too hot to survive"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just Stop Oil on 11:52 - May 25 with 4710 viewsJ2BLUE

Just Stop Oil on 11:44 - May 25 by GeoffSentence

Genuine lol at the video. Especially the one who throws the paint over herself and the ground...genius.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just Stop Oil on 11:53 - May 25 with 4691 viewsKeno

Just Stop Oil on 11:41 - May 25 by J2BLUE

It gets them two threads on TWTD, what more could they ask for!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just Stop Oil on 11:57 - May 25 with 4650 viewsclive_baker

Just Stop Oil on 11:52 - May 25 by J2BLUE

Genuine lol at the video. Especially the one who throws the paint over herself and the ground...genius.

The woman with the hose pipe watering them LOL

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just Stop Oil on 12:08 - May 25 with 4584 viewsBarcaBlue

Just Stop Oil on 11:57 - May 25 by clive_baker

Typical English though, she kept behind the barrier.

They seemed to have some support there to be fair. No harm done and raised the profile of their message.
Just Stop Oil on 12:10 - May 25 with 4567 viewsRyorry

Just Stop Oil on 11:57 - May 25 by clive_baker

Given the weather there, I should think the protesters were quite grateful!

Ludicrous choice of target & shouts by the protesters given that so much gardening now in the UK is focussed on veggie growing & organics - gardeners are one of the best informed groups there are on climate change. Looked like a couple of the plants they were "painting" might have been veg too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just Stop Oil on 12:11 - May 25 with 4563 viewsitfcjoe

Upper-Middle class white people continuing to ruin everything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Stop Oil on 12:15 - May 25 with 4494 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Most exciting thing that's happened at the Chelsea flower show ever surely ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just Stop Oil on 12:18 - May 25 with 4474 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How did they know Rommers was going!?
Maybe the wet T-shirt protest will soften the blow.
Surreal.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just Stop Oil on 12:24 - May 25 with 4427 viewsclive_baker

"Well done, very brave....sorry you ruined the garden"

Lol

Just Stop Oil on 12:37 - May 25 with 4374 viewsNthQldITFC

Just Stop Oil on 12:08 - May 25 by BarcaBlue

Typical English though, she kept behind the barrier.

They seemed to have some support there to be fair. No harm done and raised the profile of their message.

There was quite a lot of clapping and plenty of verbal messages of support at the end from people who were (presumably) there to look at the thing the protesters 'ruined'. People who are mature enough to appreciate the seriousness of the message even if it ruins their fun.

Maturity ≢Age, though - the kids are the planet's real hope, it's their futures that look the bleakest and all power to those who fight back in any way they can.

Interesting reference to António Guterres who is by some interpretations The Most Important Person In The World, and who is tearing his hair out at the idiotic, suicidal, short-sighted policy of national governments as well as businesses and the stupid, selfish, lemming-like consumers trotting along merrily to absolute and terminal catastrophe. Wake up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just Stop Oil on 12:41 - May 25 with 4341 viewsitfcjoe

Just Stop Oil on 12:37 - May 25 by NthQldITFC

There was quite a lot of clapping and plenty of verbal messages of support at the end from people who were (presumably) there to look at the thing the protesters 'ruined'. People who are mature enough to appreciate the seriousness of the message even if it ruins their fun.

Maturity ≢Age, though - the kids are the planet's real hope, it's their futures that look the bleakest and all power to those who fight back in any way they can.

Interesting reference to António Guterres who is by some interpretations The Most Important Person In The World, and who is tearing his hair out at the idiotic, suicidal, short-sighted policy of national governments as well as businesses and the stupid, selfish, lemming-like consumers trotting along merrily to absolute and terminal catastrophe. Wake up.

It's a bit different there though isn't it compared to a sport - because that is just one of many displays that has been 'ruined' and still plenty elsewhere.

If they disrupt a horse race, that is the whole race ruined and the main event for all the spectators - this is just one of a few dozen exhibitions that has been effected and easy to ignore

Just Stop Oil on 12:47 - May 25 with 4271 viewsBiGDonnie

Just Stop Oil on 11:52 - May 25 by J2BLUE

She got more on herself than the flowers ffs.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Just Stop Oil on 12:50 - May 25 with 4250 viewsHerbivore

Just Stop Oil on 12:41 - May 25 by itfcjoe

It's a bit different there though isn't it compared to a sport - because that is just one of many displays that has been 'ruined' and still plenty elsewhere.

If they disrupt a horse race, that is the whole race ruined and the main event for all the spectators - this is just one of a few dozen exhibitions that has been effected and easy to ignore

It's made the news and people on here (and elsewhere) are talking about it, so it's done exactly what they will have wanted it to do.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just Stop Oil on 12:52 - May 25 with 4241 viewsitfcjoe

Just Stop Oil on 12:50 - May 25 by Herbivore

It's made the news and people on here (and elsewhere) are talking about it, so it's done exactly what they will have wanted it to do.

I was merely responding to the point about how it was getting more support there opposed to elsewhere

Just Stop Oil on 12:56 - May 25 with 4209 viewsDanTheMan

Just Stop Oil on 12:11 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Upper-Middle class white people continuing to ruin everything

Damn upper class white people, trying not to have flooded homes filled with sewage.

That protestor

What use is a garden when you can’t grow food? I live in a small town that has flooded five times in the last eight years. Dirty sewage-filled flood water, pouring into homes, classrooms, and gardens

Then the heat came, and parched moorland burnt, a stray spark from a barbeque causing huge fires.

We all know that we can't carry on like this. We can’t tend the garden and ignore the world on fire. New oil and gas will destroy everything we love.

They should just enjoy being underwater.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just Stop Oil on 12:57 - May 25 with 4193 viewsclive_baker

Just Stop Oil on 12:52 - May 25 by itfcjoe

I was merely responding to the point about how it was getting more support there opposed to elsewhere

There's probably a more switched on target audience there too. If you're at Chelsea flower show it's probably reasonable to assume you're interested in nature and have a better understanding of biodiversity, and wise to the existential threat of climate change. You would think more so than pissed up blokes readying themselves to watch some horses being whipped around a track.

Just Stop Oil on 13:00 - May 25 with 4157 viewsBloomBlue

And they used oil based paint, bit strange...
Just Stop Oil on 13:01 - May 25 with 4148 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fair to say that their points weren't well received. A few grumblings of "rubbish" must be pretty hostile for Chelsea Flower Show lol

I don't know where we go from here. They absolutely have a message we should be listening to, but nobody seems to want to. We live in an "I'm alright jack" society. People say they want what's best for their kids, but it seems that doesn't extend to an environment that's as good as it could be. It's easy to be pessimistic about all this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just Stop Oil on 13:03 - May 25 with 4136 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just Stop Oil on 13:00 - May 25 by BloomBlue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just Stop Oil on 13:06 - May 25 with 4114 viewsHerbivore

Did they? Any evidence for that?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just Stop Oil on 13:08 - May 25 with 4097 viewsclive_baker

Just Stop Oil on 13:01 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Fair to say that their points weren't well received. A few grumblings of "rubbish" must be pretty hostile for Chelsea Flower Show lol

I don't know where we go from here. They absolutely have a message we should be listening to, but nobody seems to want to. We live in an "I'm alright jack" society. People say they want what's best for their kids, but it seems that doesn't extend to an environment that's as good as it could be. It's easy to be pessimistic about all this.

I think humans are inherently quite selfish, and we don't seem capable of taking sufficient corrective action until the issue is immediate and right in front of our noses. The problem with climate change is it will get to the point, if it hasn't already, where we're too far gone before that becomes the case.

When we take a step back and think about it all, it's absolutely absurd that we're so shackled by social constructs like industry and money, to the extent that its severely compromising our ability to continue to inhabit the planet we're living on. When you consider that as a society we do have to capabilities to correct the course we're on, but choose not to, it's actually fecking nuts.

Just Stop Oil on 13:13 - May 25 with 4069 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just Stop Oil on 13:17 - May 25 with 4050 viewsNthQldITFC

Idiot.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024