Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Mick back if 22:11 - Jul 29 with 4391 viewsCarpyBlue

...he was in a sporting director/scouting role, assisting the recruitment team in making signings?

Thought his recruitment was very good with us for the most part, imagine what he could do with some money at our disposal!

Obviously Ashton, McKenna and the current recruitment team would still lead the charge but to have Mick as a sort of advisory voice could be a good thing maybe?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 22:20]
Would you take Mick back if on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 991 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Mick did a fantastic job at Town with the resources at his disposal. But times have moved on now. It's a different world at the club now to when Mick was in charge.
Would you take Mick back if on 10:28 - Jul 30 with 989 viewsGuthrum

Why do we need a Sporting Director and why would McCarthy want* to become an ITFC scout?

I doubt it would make the slightest difference to landing the targets McKenna wants.

* Given the relationship with fans at the time he left, quite apart from the fact he's still being offered Manager roles and is probably well paid for TV work.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you take Mick back if on 10:48 - Jul 30 with 961 viewsPioneerBlue

Never. Eyeballs only stopped bleeding a year or two back.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Would you take Mick back if on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 940 viewsPimsNumber1

Would you take Mick back if on 10:15 - Jul 30 by strikalite

You and I both know that a 30 pound mirror would avoid such an easy bait....👍

Keiffer Moore as well
Would you take Mick back if on 12:28 - Jul 30 with 922 viewsMattinLondon

Would you take Mick back if on 07:19 - Jul 30 by the_toff

Bru. Lol.

He played almost 100 games for us in the Championship - something which a lot of our players have yet to do. Not a great player but a good value for a free signing.
Would you take Mick back if on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 906 viewsStewart27

Would you take Mick back if on 01:39 - Jul 30 by BlueBadger

Mick is a great man who's legend you're cheapening with this obvious trolling.
Go back to VVanking over Jeremy Goss 30 years ago. You're worse than Hitler. Worse, you're worse than Ricky Bilverstone.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 1:43]

I get that his dross football was all that could be dished up under the Evans shackles. So fair play for literally keeping us afloat.

But great man? Really?

Never warmed to him myself. Felt like the Mick McCarthy show.
Would you take Mick back if on 13:33 - Jul 30 with 896 viewsBlueySwede

I dont get all the anti-Mick stuff, thought he did a good job for us with little to no resources. However this is a very strange suggestion. Mick have moved on, our club have moved on. Mick would be surplus to requirement.
Would you take Mick back if on 13:58 - Jul 30 with 879 viewsRyorry

Would you take Mick back if on 13:19 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

I get that his dross football was all that could be dished up under the Evans shackles. So fair play for literally keeping us afloat.

But great man? Really?

I think Badger may have over-ironied his post there.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Mick back if on 14:02 - Jul 30 with 872 viewsMullet

Would you take Mick back if on 13:19 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

But great man? Really?

He's a giant of a man compared to his most persistent detractors, who made it all about Mick. The abuse and narrative only went on to show them up further as time has gone on.

Why the OP is getting so many bites after all this time I dunno.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would you take Mick back if on 14:13 - Jul 30 with 861 viewsthatbdude

I'd rather not. No hate to Mick but McKenna by far is a better manager and has better playing style than he had

Poll: Who going down?

Would you take Mick back if on 14:39 - Jul 30 with 846 viewsbraveblue

No. No. No.
Would you take Mick back if on 17:25 - Jul 30 with 800 viewsibbleobble

Would you take Mick back if on 14:02 - Jul 30 by Mullet

He's a giant of a man compared to his most persistent detractors, who made it all about Mick. The abuse and narrative only went on to show them up further as time has gone on.

How do you rationalise that? We’ve gone on to much bigger and better things and Mick can’t even get a job. Anyone still flying a flag for Mick vs his detractors is as outdated as the man himself.
Would you take Mick back if on 17:56 - Jul 30 with 764 viewsBluedandy

I'd rather Town hire Delia Smith as a corporate hospitality consultant.
Would you take Mick back if on 18:15 - Jul 30 with 751 viewsStewart27

Would you take Mick back if on 14:02 - Jul 30 by Mullet

He had his detractors alright. Rightfully so. Nobody deserves dogs abuse. But I didn’t really see that. It was all fairly passive.

“The abuse and narrative only went on to show them up further as time has gone on”

I’m not sure how this can be the case now. Surely even the pro Mick brigade wouldn’t swap what we have now for him?
Would you take Mick back if on 18:33 - Jul 30 with 741 viewsMullet

Would you take Mick back if on 17:25 - Jul 30 by ibbleobble

How do you rationalise that? We’ve gone on to much bigger and better things and Mick can’t even get a job. Anyone still flying a flag for Mick vs his detractors is as outdated as the man himself.

We haven't even had a kick in the Championship yet. So please don't spout nonsense like that. Everything you've ever said about him has been wrong it seems.

Funny that.

Would you take Mick back if on 18:38 - Jul 30 with 729 viewsMullet

Would you take Mick back if on 18:15 - Jul 30 by Stewart27

He had his detractors alright. Rightfully so. Nobody deserves dogs abuse. But I didn’t really see that. It was all fairly passive.

“The abuse and narrative only went on to show them up further as time has gone on”

I’m not sure how this can be the case now. Surely even the pro Mick brigade wouldn’t swap what we have now for him?

Wrongfully so. As anyone who can now see, that Evans was always the problem. Passive? He literally had people waiting for him at Brentford, people siding with Nodge at their place and calling themselves ITFC. Beyond unforgivable that.

There was no comment on his management, just him as a man. Principled and a far higher achiever than those fickle and abusive types who went after him for a long time before he left.

"Toxic" seemed to be the word. What we have now is Evans gone and a decent backing relative to the division after a wave of feelgood. If Mick had half that we'd have more than likely gone up, not gone down.

Those pretending that the 4 years of Div 3 football and that embarrassingly extended "tour" was vindication of their abuse are simply overcompensating. I'm backing McKenna to finish in the playoffs too, to go on and have a great career, but with Evans' backing he'd have gone the way of all the others who didn't measure up between them both.

Anyone with a vague understanding of the club then and now can see that.

Would you take Mick back if on 19:06 - Jul 30 with 715 viewsibbleobble

Would you take Mick back if on 18:33 - Jul 30 by Mullet

We haven't even had a kick in the Championship yet. So please don't spout nonsense like that. Everything you've ever said about him has been wrong it seems.

Funny that.

God you’re out dated and desperately lacking vision. You’ve been on the wrong side of history defending Mick for so long and it’ll prove so, yet again - funny that.

You were wrong. Just have the humility to admit it rather than clinging on to old narratives and tired ideas.
Would you take Mick back if on 19:14 - Jul 30 with 701 viewsgreyhound

I can't wait for the season to start of only to stop some of the daft posts we've seen on here and twitter in recent weeks.

Would be fun to put them in a league table and rank them for troll rating at this point.

The only thing I would enjoy mick mac back here for is some sort of bar staff role. He seems like the sort that would make a decent landlord.
Would you take Mick back if on 19:27 - Jul 30 with 680 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Mick doesn’t deserve abuse, but aside from the ‘industrial’ football he was painful to listen to. A walking cliche of a football manager that made Dave Bassett look modern and progressive.
Would you take Mick back if on 19:38 - Jul 30 with 670 viewsStewart27

Would you take Mick back if on 18:38 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Wrongfully so. As anyone who can now see, that Evans was always the problem. Passive? He literally had people waiting for him at Brentford, people siding with Nodge at their place and calling themselves ITFC. Beyond unforgivable that.

There was no comment on his management, just him as a man. Principled and a far higher achiever than those fickle and abusive types who went after him for a long time before he left.

"Toxic" seemed to be the word. What we have now is Evans gone and a decent backing relative to the division after a wave of feelgood. If Mick had half that we'd have more than likely gone up, not gone down.

Those pretending that the 4 years of Div 3 football and that embarrassingly extended "tour" was vindication of their abuse are simply overcompensating. I'm backing McKenna to finish in the playoffs too, to go on and have a great career, but with Evans' backing he'd have gone the way of all the others who didn't measure up between them both.

Anyone with a vague understanding of the club then and now can see that.

I disagree that we’d have gone up under him.

Mick likes to walk into clubs in trouble and be the saviour. He absolutely did that for us in season one and in season two we all know what happened.

He deserved detractors by the time Brentford came around. These people waiting were just kids chanting for the manager to leave. It happens.

His reaction at Norwich was embarrassing. And it made us more of a laughing stock. How on earth can the fans be blamed for this?

I fell out of love with ITFC under his management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024