Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? 10:36 - Sep 7 with 5934 viewshatch

Trying to arrange social events that weekend and therefore saying to friends I'm available on the Saturday. How close to 100% confident are we that the game will be moved to the Sunday. In all my time supporting Ipswich I don't think I've ever know the game NOT to be a Sunday? I'm guessing Suffolk Police will mandate it?
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 4298 viewsSteve_M

Saturday or Sunday lunchtime is most likely, probably the Sunday I would expect. With enormous amounts of overtime being claimed from the over the top policing.

I had to rebook tickets for Suede that weekend after their Brixton gig was cancelled earlier in the year, had a choice of Friday, Saturday or Sunday night at the Electric Ballroom. I went for Friday as the last likely time given the policing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:43 - Sep 7 with 4289 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm pretty sure there was one year towards of the end of our last stint in the Championship where they allowed it on a Saturday and surprise surprise there was no trouble. Wouldn't bank on it either way.

*Edit - just checked back for 10 years the only Saturday games were the playoff semis.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 10:48]

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:49 - Sep 7 with 4237 viewsSitfcB

You don’t remember the Thursday night massacre then?

It’s been a Saturday 12:30KO before as well.

I’d say it’s 50/50 that it’ll either be 12:00 KO on the Sunday or the 12:30 on the Saturday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:56 - Sep 7 with 4164 viewsJambo

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:49 - Sep 7 by SitfcB

I’d say it’s 50/50 that it’ll either be 12:00 KO on the Sunday or the 12:30 on the Saturday.

I'm surprised that it's not already been moved.
I thought the plod moved it before the ink was dry on the fixture list?
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:57 - Sep 7 with 4145 viewsSitfcB

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:56 - Sep 7 by Jambo

I'm surprised that it's not already been moved.
I thought the plod moved it before the ink was dry on the fixture list?

They’ll probably just wait for it to move due to TV and they can say it was down to that and not police then!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 4114 views_clive_baker_

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:41 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

Saturday or Sunday lunchtime is most likely, probably the Sunday I would expect. With enormous amounts of overtime being claimed from the over the top policing.

I had to rebook tickets for Suede that weekend after their Brixton gig was cancelled earlier in the year, had a choice of Friday, Saturday or Sunday night at the Electric Ballroom. I went for Friday as the last likely time given the policing.

Do you think they'll play Saturday Night?
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:02 - Sep 7 with 4086 viewsLion

It will be a Sunday mate, always is. Police need to get their overtime in!

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:04 - Sep 7 with 4070 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:49 - Sep 7 by SitfcB

I hate early kick offs, they always seme to coincide with rail strikes and road closures making it a total pain to get to Ipswich.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 4053 viewsellaandred

I remember 3.00pm Saturday kick off's and 7.30pm/7.45pm evening kick off's
TWTD
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 14:49]
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:13 - Sep 7 with 4020 viewstextbackup

Police can, and have, put their feelings forward.

However, sky will dictate.

If they want a 12:00 on the sat or sun then it’ll move, same for if they want 5:30pm on the Saturday, or 19:45 Friday night.

That’s from a pretty decent source.

Move your plan to another weekend to be on the safe side.

That it’s not been moved already tells me we are in the hands of sky and what slot they want

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 3926 viewsrodney76

Question.

Does social media, and sites like this and the Pinky add to aggressive behaviour or do they serve to release aggression making these events less volatile?
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:56 - Sep 7 with 3845 viewshatch

Ahh yes, I think I only recall a Bullard screamer and the rest is a foggy memory.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 3824 viewsCobboldCrusty

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:41 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

I had to move from the Friday to Sunday as could only get one ticket - shame, could've been a good hybrid meet-up!
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:02 - Sep 7 with 3812 viewshoppy

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:00 - Sep 7 by _clive_baker_

Do you think they'll play Saturday Night?

Not since the infamous invasion of the Whigfield site...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:11 - Sep 7 with 3763 viewsJambo

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:02 - Sep 7 by hoppy

Not since the infamous invasion of the Whigfield site...

That must be pushing 20 years ago now!
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:19 - Sep 7 with 3723 viewsTractorCam

The play off games were both Saturday. I'd say its a shoe in that it gets moved to Sunday.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 3637 viewsUSA

A friend of mine who is in the Police told me some around a month ago that it will definitely be Sunday lunchtime and it’s already been decided. I do admit that makes it odd not to have been announced if that was the case.

Given its proximity to Christmas it should be cleared up soon as people do have a lot of other things to plan around that time. (Or get told they must attend! 🙄)
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:04 - Sep 7 with 3512 viewslongtimefan

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:06 - Sep 7 by ellaandred

I remember 3.00pm Saturday kick off's and 7.30pm/7.45pm evening kick off's
TWTD
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 14:49]

That 8:13 evening kick-off one was a funny start time
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:32 - Sep 7 with 3388 viewsgainsboroughblue

Would've been a lot more troublesome had Norwich ventured beyond getting to Cardinal Park at teatime.

As it was, it was largely a big lads day out drinking in the sunshine. I was in a state of part drunk/part heat stroke.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 13:33]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:47 - Sep 7 with 3294 viewspablo_canooga

Sat 16.09/Cardiff v Swansea KO is 7:45 pm. Although that's a bubble fixture so Swans fans have to travel via official coaches.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:47 - Sep 7 with 3285 viewsNthQldITFC

Saturday Night.

I asked them why then, and they just said "We are the pigs."

For me, it's a Lazy decision.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 13:49]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:48 - Sep 7 with 3270 viewsArnieM

I’d say 100% Sunday lunchtime . Bloody police mess everything up . They couldn’t control a piss up in a brewery tbh!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:56 - Sep 7 with 3214 viewshoppy

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:47 - Sep 7 by NthQldITFC

Saturday Night.

I asked them why then, and they just said "We are the pigs."

For me, it's a Lazy decision.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 13:49]

Some on here won't get those references, as they're so young.

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:02 - Sep 7 with 3180 viewsgainsboroughblue

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:56 - Sep 7 by hoppy

Some on here won't get those references, as they're so young.

They can't help being part of the new generation.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:03 - Sep 7 with 3167 viewshoppy

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:02 - Sep 7 by gainsboroughblue

They can't help being part of the new generation.

Not when you were young?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024