Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden... 12:55 - Nov 6 with 3996 viewssjg

Is he our most consistent player now? I can't recall him having a bad game yet this season.
Luke Woolfenden... on 13:24 - Nov 6 with 3166 viewsjasondozzell

Been excellent hasn't he? I love his confidence - has a bit of swagger to him but in a good way.
Luke Woolfenden... on 13:26 - Nov 6 with 3158 viewsNthQldITFC

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:24 - Nov 6 by jasondozzell

Been excellent hasn't he? I love his confidence - has a bit of swagger to him but in a good way.

He reads the game, positions himself, and times his challenges immaculately, which makes him look so smooth and effortless too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:34 - Nov 6 with 3106 viewssjg

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:26 - Nov 6 by NthQldITFC

He reads the game, positions himself, and times his challenges immaculately, which makes him look so smooth and effortless too.

There was a point in the game on Saturday where they were in a really threatening position - he didn't even have to put a tackle in, just dribbled out from more or less the edge of the six yard box and pinged a ball out to Broadhead. He's taken to the Championship like a duck to water thus far.
Luke Woolfenden... on 13:35 - Nov 6 with 3103 viewsBlueBadger

Arnie will be along in a minute to tell us that, actually, Woolf is crap and needs dropping.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 17:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:41 - Nov 6 with 3048 viewsMookamoo

Dangerously good. He will be a few short lists in January
Luke Woolfenden... on 13:55 - Nov 6 with 2949 viewsLeoMuff

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:41 - Nov 6 by Mookamoo

Dangerously good. He will be a few short lists in January

Yes, you would think so I would think him, Davis, and Broadhead at least will have suitors in January.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Luke Woolfenden... on 15:22 - Nov 6 with 2749 viewsWickets

Luke Woolfenden... on 13:55 - Nov 6 by LeoMuff

Yes, you would think so I would think him, Davis, and Broadhead at least will have suitors in January.

They might well have suitors but not sure we would consider selling unless it was silly money of course . I also think we will have our own list of possible targets , just in case .
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 19:27]
Luke Woolfenden... on 15:28 - Nov 6 with 2727 viewschicoazul

Absolute gigachad. England and the top 4 awaits.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden... on 15:44 - Nov 6 with 2683 viewswhymark4lazio0

My favourite current player. Without his courage it would have been more challenging for McKenna to get the team to play he wants them to play. I've noticed that on the few occasions we struggle to break a pressing team, it's Wolfie in defence and Morsy in midfield that calm others and insist we stick to the process.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 2632 viewsSomethingBlue

Woolfenden is absolutely purring, and does it every single week – given Ashton sold Adam Webster to Brighton for £20m-odd he should be looking firmly north of that in the summer if we don't go up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

He's a Rolls Royce of a defender on 16:05 - Nov 6 with 2593 viewsDyland

Of the timeless old school, always looking good. He'll keep getting better to boot. Absolute gem.

Yeh right Cookers!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:15 - Nov 6 with 2551 viewstractorboy1978

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:00 - Nov 6 by SomethingBlue

Woolfenden is absolutely purring, and does it every single week – given Ashton sold Adam Webster to Brighton for £20m-odd he should be looking firmly north of that in the summer if we don't go up.

A lot of our fans seem to be asleep on just how good he is.
Luke Woolfenden... on 16:21 - Nov 6 with 2539 viewsSomethingBlue

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:15 - Nov 6 by tractorboy1978

Which is really strange – he's as consistent a defender as I am seeing anywhere at the moment and has so much else in his locker. Absolute gold dust.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:27 - Nov 6 with 2509 viewsNthQldITFC

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:21 - Nov 6 by SomethingBlue

Which is really strange – he's as consistent a defender as I am seeing anywhere at the moment and has so much else in his locker. Absolute gold dust.

It's the same as with referees sometimes. You often don't notice the great ones so much because they just quietly and efficiently do their job. This Woolf is a silent killer!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:29 - Nov 6 with 2502 viewsTootingTown

He's been brilliant for sure. I think having a consistent spine of Vlad, Wolfie, Morsy and Hirst has laid a foundation for the rest of the team to play off, even if some are having an off day.
Luke Woolfenden... on 16:36 - Nov 6 with 2474 viewsHerbivore

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:29 - Nov 6 by TootingTown

He's been brilliant for sure. I think having a consistent spine of Vlad, Wolfie, Morsy and Hirst has laid a foundation for the rest of the team to play off, even if some are having an off day.

I'd add Chappers to that as well. Even when things aren't coming off for him he's always picking up pockets of space to receive the ball and he's a constant nuisance to the opposition.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:55 - Nov 6 with 2424 viewsmonty_radio

zzzzzzz......

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Luke Woolfenden... on 17:53 - Nov 6 with 2340 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s always been a Rolls Royce of a defender. He just needed a bit more experience and bite. He’s there now and hopefully will only get better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Luke Woolfenden... on 18:21 - Nov 6 with 2289 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's actually so good you don't really notice him if that makes sense.
He just goes about his business.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Luke Woolfenden... on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 2272 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I just love it when he invites the opposition onto the ball before unleashing either a turn/stepover/ passing to a teammate. All whilst being cool as a cucumber. He can pick a pass, and beat his man - proper modern breed of CB.

If we are being really fussy he could probably chip in with a few more goals from set pieces, but in fairness we rarely seem to just whip a ball in. Usually it’s an elaborately worked routine to find Chappers!
Luke Woolfenden... on 19:11 - Nov 6 with 2205 viewsibbleobble

Luke Woolfenden... on 16:21 - Nov 6 by SomethingBlue

He’s taking less risks on the ball which he’s no doubt cut out his unforced errors and improved his game. 2 seasons ago he gave Morecambe a way back into the game and we managed to scrape a point. Now he looks ready for Serie A!
Luke Woolfenden... on 19:59 - Nov 6 with 2054 viewsMullet

Chambers is a massive fan. Sending him to Swindon etc. seems like an inspired move now. Shame to think we nearly lost him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luke Woolfenden... on 20:09 - Nov 6 with 2017 viewsBigCommon

Love his composure, and his trade mark ability to read the game and step in....Got a bit more of an edge to his game, now, too. When it's backs to the wall defending..Benefits loads from having Morsy in front of him. Who, for me, is still our most consistent player..
Luke Woolfenden... on 20:29 - Nov 6 with 1889 viewsvilanovablue

The Woolfie/Tuanzebe defensive pairing could be quite something.
Luke Woolfenden... on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 1650 viewsBlueySwede

I have liked him since his first few games for us. Of course he is a better and more experienced player now, and I do think he could develop further with another centre back partner.
Don't misunderstand me, Burgess has surprised me and is a decent player, but I still think we could upgrade.
Tuanzebe could be a gem, but it´s hard to tell so far. Needs to stay injury free and work his way into the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024