Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical Ticket Sale 08:53 - May 2 with 4537 viewsLeBlue

A friend of mine asked me last night if someone offered me £5,000 for my ticket on Saturday, would I sell it.

Now, don't get me wrong, £5k is a lot of cash for me but it would be a definite no.

Just got me wondering, how much would it take to prise that ticket out of your hands.....
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:50 - May 2 with 1241 viewsMetal_Hacker

On the other side of the conversation. , I’d never pay £5k for a ticket even for a one to one Megan Fox striptease where I’m allowed to try before I buy

That said I’d consider offering considerably more than face value for Saturday’s game and my cap would be nowhere near that

For those with a ticket , memories are lasting and money is gone tomorrow. You can’t take it with you but memories you can

That said of anyone falls over a ticket , gimme a shout

Poll: If it were one or the other

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:51 - May 2 with 1239 viewsDeano69

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:11 - May 2 by wkj

I would take the £5k and then blag my way into a hospitality package for the day

Good luck with that, they have been sold out since October last year

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:06 - May 2 with 1194 viewsHelp

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:04 - May 2 by TractorCam

My mate said the same about if someone offered me £100k. Not a chance.

What's your mates details?
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:07 - May 2 with 1187 viewsVaughan8

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:04 - May 2 by TractorCam

My mate said the same about if someone offered me £100k. Not a chance.

You seriously wouldn't take £100k for your ticket on Saturday? Maybe i'm in the minority but I certainly would.

A cup final etc i'd have to think about it but a game at Portman Road vs Huddersfield...........
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:08 - May 2 with 1181 viewsBlueNomad

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:45 - May 2 by Europablue

5k is not enough. 100k is really getting there.
500k would definitely do it. I'm not about to put my own selfish desire to watch a football match over the long-term financial security of my family. Watching us live in the stadium is not going to be life-changing in the same way as that kind of money.

You are emotionally illiterate then............................
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:21 - May 2 with 1140 viewsBuhrer

If that's the rate then I've got three up for £15k.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:28 - May 2 with 1118 viewsNeedhamChris

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:18 - May 2 by textbackup

I’d sell my daughters two tickets for £50 each as they aren’t even fussed about being there. But mine is priceless!

How many messages have you had since posting this haha.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:30 - May 2 with 1099 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't sell it, ultimately I'd want more for mine than most other people in the stadium so would never come down to that anyway!

My wife and kids have STs as well, if someone was incredibly desperate and a close mate of mine I'd prob sacrifice my youngest boys one but really wouldn't want to.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:31 - May 2 with 1093 viewsBlue_In_Boston

It will be the first time that we have been promoted in my lifetime when I haven't been there. I sometimes wonder if we would have left Lincolnshire to live and retire in Durham if the weekly serving of football had been as good as it is now? Giving up a season ticket these days would have been a far tougher decision to make.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:34 - May 2 with 1070 viewsBlue_In_Boston

I’d sell my daughters two tickets for £50 each as they aren’t even fussed about being there. But mine is priceless!

That's a different moral dilemma. Saturday may be the day that brings them whole-heartedly into the fold...
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:35 - May 2 with 1064 viewsTractorgirlforever

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:17 - May 2 by Zx1988

I ended up missing Exeter last season because I stupidly assumed we were playoffs-bound after the Bristol debacle (absolutely no chance of winning almost all of the final fifteen games, eh?) and booked to be abroad for a concert instead of confirming playoffs against Exeter.

I assumed that I'd probably get another chance to celebrate at some point in the not-too-distant future, but never once considered that such an opportunity would come by the very next season.

Right now I can't think of any (sensible) sum of money that would convince me to part with my ticket.

It wasnt the bruce springsteen concert was it!.. i was away for concert and missed the exeter game
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:36 - May 2 with 1054 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:44 - May 2 by Stewart27

I wouldn’t sell it for anything.

Thankfully my wife isn’t on this forum.

It's not like you said you would sooner sell your wife :-)
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:40 - May 2 with 1010 viewsjohnsmithshands

Happy to buy your two daughters tickets so I can upgrade and take my son who is desperate to go. We had season tickets but due to financial issues had to pass then up this year.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:42 - May 2 with 1006 viewslizzibee

I would - thats a really nice holiday sum of money
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:55 - May 2 with 964 viewsClareBlue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:30 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't sell it, ultimately I'd want more for mine than most other people in the stadium so would never come down to that anyway!

My wife and kids have STs as well, if someone was incredibly desperate and a close mate of mine I'd prob sacrifice my youngest boys one but really wouldn't want to.

Does he have any say in the sacrifice
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:56 - May 2 with 961 viewsEuropablue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:08 - May 2 by BlueNomad

You are emotionally illiterate then............................

Nope, there is more emotional value in spending more time watching my children grow up and not killing myself to provide a decent lifestyle.
Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love to be there. I live in Germany, so I don't have a season ticket. Anyway, no-one is offering me 500k for a ticket, so it's all in fun really.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:56 - May 2 with 959 viewsGiant_Midget

Not for 5K, I'd want at least the cost of the last 20 years season tickets, away tickets, train tickets, beers and food. I think 25K-30K would be the price I'd start considering selling it!
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 12:12 - May 2 with 894 viewsturtle2

i'll take em ?
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 12:23 - May 2 with 852 viewsnorth_stand77

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:23 - May 2 by mkbobby

I'm a season ticket holder in the Bobby Robson upper and i cant make it for the last game as i booked a weekend in blackpool for a northern soul event in october never ever thought we'd be in this situation , been to the last 2 away games at Hull and coventry was really hoping we would get promoted at Coventry for my own selfish thoughts but have given my season ticket to a friends girlfriend to attend would rather someone i know go than sell it for profit , so i now have to watch the game in a random pub in Blackpool lol, gonna be nervous as hell on my own

I love Ipswich Town Football Club..............And I love Northern Soul....................so

Bin off Blackpool AND GO TO THE GAME!!

FWIW, Skamouth is on at Yarmouth May 9th-12th which also plays Northern Soul.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 12:36 - May 2 with 822 views_clive_baker_

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:00 - May 2 by hype313

Life is about experience's, money comes and goes, days like this are a generational event.

100%. Obviously depends on circumstances and financial position, if it helped put food on the table then of course I would sell it or perhaps if it was a lot of money for a really good cause, but right now no I wouldn’t if it’s just to sit in the bank. Can’t take your money with you, enjoy it as you never know what’s around the corner.

My wife & I had some friends over last year. My mates a Newcastle fan and paid £1,500 for a Wembley final ticket for the league cup. Hadn’t ever seen the mags at Wembley and loads of his mates were going. His wife was livid but I had to defend him. They’ve got the money, they work hard, bloody spend it and enjoy the day. Shame they got humped 3-0 though.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 12:49 - May 2 with 788 viewslowhouseblue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:07 - May 2 by Vaughan8

You seriously wouldn't take £100k for your ticket on Saturday? Maybe i'm in the minority but I certainly would.

A cup final etc i'd have to think about it but a game at Portman Road vs Huddersfield...........

the thing is that real preferences are only revealed once there is hard cash involved. an actual offer might reveal a quite different figure, just as with a real opportunity to buy someone might not go as high as they first claim. figures stated in the abstract are exactly that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 16:35 - May 2 with 665 viewsbluelagos

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:49 - May 2 by unbelievablue

Nah. Money can't buy the feeling.

I offered it to my old man, but he wouldn't have it, so I'm going. Especially as I missed Exeter last year.

That's proper generous of you. I like your old fella - he's genuinely knows his footie which isn't always the case with ST holders.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 17:47 - May 2 with 617 viewsunbelievablue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 16:35 - May 2 by bluelagos

That's proper generous of you. I like your old fella - he's genuinely knows his footie which isn't always the case with ST holders.

Yeah, he's seen enough to be knowledgeable but doesn't always translate.

He said he'll come down for a beer after.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 21:08 - May 2 with 509 viewsitfcjoe

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 11:55 - May 2 by ClareBlue

Does he have any say in the sacrifice

He isn’t fussed about going, he’ll enjoy it when he’s there but wouldn’t worry if he wasn’t

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 22:13 - May 2 with 431 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

It's just completely relative to a individuals financial situation though. There would be a cut off point for everyone ranging from £100 to £1M+

I hated the idea of us not going up that in the last 5 or 6 games, including Leeds games I have been insuring against us doing so. Each to their own. For the record I'm much much happier the bets were losing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024