Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacko off.. 07:25 - May 10 with 10634 viewsWallingford_Boy

All the best Kayden and thanks for all your efforts.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jacko off.. on 09:04 - May 10 with 1684 viewsdavblue

Jacko off.. on 08:52 - May 10 by _clive_baker_

Generally from people incapable of keeping their emotions in check after a result that hasn't gone our way, it's tragic. The stick Burns got was absolutely ridiculous, and the fact his own family had to say something about it was embarrassing. Signed the lad for £70k from Fleetwood and he's done what he's done for us over the last few years, yet he still gets that level of completely unjust abuse, particularly from 1 poster. Absolutely staggering really.

Dread to think what will happen next season.

Jackson was getting some pelters in Jan when he was filling in up front, when he was the only option.

Had a moron behind me at Preston away saying he should never play for us again as he was a disgrace. I've not been his biggest fan as a striker, thought he was too one dimensional, but he's been a really good squad player under McKenna and deserves credit, he's played a part in a special couple of years after looking destined to be released.
[Post edited 10 May 9:19]
Jacko off.. on 09:10 - May 10 with 1627 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Surely, it is best to wait until it has been confirmed........

...........by Frank in Holland and the mole.
Jacko off.. on 09:14 - May 10 with 1594 viewsWhos_blue

Generally from people incapable of keeping their emotions in check after a result that hasn't gone our way, it's tragic. The stick Burns got was absolutely ridiculous, and the fact his own family had to say something about it was embarrassing. Signed the lad for £70k from Fleetwood and he's done what he's done for us over the last few years, yet he still gets that level of completely unjust abuse, particularly from 1 poster. Absolutely staggering really.

Next season is likely to be very tough.
Whilst I fully believe that KM will make us competitive and have aspirations higher than mine (i.e. finishing 17th!), it will require a large amount of patience from the fan base. I guess the short termism is just a product of modern life that has naturally spread to football. We've seen plenty of it even over the last two remarkable seasons.
It will be a time for calm heads and even if it doesn't work out, we will have seen some of Europe's (possibly even the world's) best footballers grace the hallowed Portman Road turf.
I'm part aprehensive, part excited, but I do know that I'll be behind the manager and players throughout.
COYB.
[Post edited 10 May 9:18]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Jacko off.. on 09:19 - May 10 with 1548 viewssoupytwist

Jacko off.. on 07:45 - May 10 by hoppy

I’m guessing it’s assumption based on this?

Altho it did cause me a bit of alarm, and I’d better check on where KJ’s passport is…

[Post edited 10 May 7:46]

What an absolutely textbook example of removing something from its context and making it more about you (that's the person on Twitter not you Hoppy) than the person who posted it.
[Post edited 10 May 9:48]
Jacko off.. on 09:21 - May 10 with 1545 viewsN2_Blue

Jacko off.. on 09:04 - May 10 by davblue

Jackson was getting some pelters in Jan when he was filling in up front, when he was the only option.

Had a moron behind me at Preston away saying he should never play for us again as he was a disgrace. I've not been his biggest fan as a striker, thought he was too one dimensional, but he's been a really good squad player under McKenna and deserves credit, he's played a part in a special couple of years after looking destined to be released.
[Post edited 10 May 9:19]

It's a shame with such demand for STs now that those spout such nonsense and vitirol can't be made to give them tickets up.

I'm not suggesting that fans don't have a right to crticise and we all have players that we may not rate in the same way as other supporters, but I mean actual abuse and barracking of our own players.

The number of times I've heard 'you c**t' or 'why not feck off back to.. [insert name of former club] or similar directed at such and such player when they have the audacity to miss control a ball or hit a shot wide is shocking. and it's not just anger in the moment because it happens game to game.

Jackson was really on the receieving end in January. Had he not scored that goal v sunderland we may never have got going again because that was a huge win at the time.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Jacko off.. on 09:43 - May 10 with 1462 viewsitfcjoe

Jacko off.. on 08:49 - May 10 by Swailsey

Think he’ll get another deal Joe?

I wouldn’t rule it out but one that could go either way - might even end up as his choice. Be 25th man here and get 250 minutes next season or try and sign longer deal at a Champ club where he’d play more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jacko off.. on 09:44 - May 10 with 1452 viewshoppy

Jacko off.. on 09:19 - May 10 by soupytwist

What an absolutely textbook example of removing something from its context and making it more about you (that's the person on Twitter not you Hoppy) than the person who posted it.
[Post edited 10 May 9:48]

Bit harsh… I was only showing where I guessed the assumption was being made from…

But I have found KJ’s passport, so think I’m ok!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Beautiful. (n/t) on 09:46 - May 10 with 1425 viewsBloots

Jacko off.. on 08:42 - May 10 by _clive_baker_

Cruncher might be talking noncence.

Not sure too much can be read into that post tbh, as others have said it might be a thank you and goodbye, might just be a thank you to his family and that they're his 'world' hence the emoji.

Irrespective of his post, it wouldn't surprise me greatly if he goes. He's out of contract and started 3 games in our last 20 or so since Moore joined. Been a good servant and an effective player this season but I would think he'll want a 3 year deal at this stage of his career. If he gets offered that by a Championship club it might be best for all parties. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacko off.. on 09:49 - May 10 with 1406 viewssoupytwist

Jacko off.. on 09:44 - May 10 by hoppy

Bit harsh… I was only showing where I guessed the assumption was being made from…

But I have found KJ’s passport, so think I’m ok!

Sorry Hoppy, re-reading my post it's not clear who it referred to so I have edited it to make that clear (and it wasn't you).
[Post edited 10 May 9:50]
Jacko off.. on 09:49 - May 10 with 1396 viewsFifeITFC

Not sure too much can be read into that post tbh, as others have said it might be a thank you and goodbye, might just be a thank you to his family and that they're his 'world' hence the emoji.

Irrespective of his post, it wouldn't surprise me greatly if he goes. He's out of contract and started 3 games in our last 20 or so since Moore joined. Been a good servant and an effective player this season but I would think he'll want a 3 year deal at this stage of his career. If he gets offered that by a Championship club it might be best for all parties. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I see what you did there. Bravo.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Jacko off.. on 09:50 - May 10 with 1397 viewsVaughan8

Looks like just speculation. But lets all be honest, he's not going to cut it in the premier league. His biggest assets are pace and work rate, all of which will be matched.

Played his part, but hasn't even had much game time this season. We've evolved very quickly and players like this, if they want to play, need to move on. He won't be the last either.

Its actually quite sad as I see a lot of the fringe players leaving, but we've evolved so quickly that those players good in League One, are now not going to be quite good enough in the PL, even for our bench.
Jacko off.. on 09:51 - May 10 with 1384 viewsjayessess

When Kayden Jackson does go, I would hope that those who've spent his entire Ipswich career giving him grief would have the self-awareness not to eagerly start threads falsely "thanking him for his efforts".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jacko off.. on 09:52 - May 10 with 1353 viewsFrimleyBlue

Still gets?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jacko off.. on 10:48 - May 10 with 1194 views_clive_baker_

Jacko off.. on 09:14 - May 10 by Whos_blue

Next season is likely to be very tough.
Whilst I fully believe that KM will make us competitive and have aspirations higher than mine (i.e. finishing 17th!), it will require a large amount of patience from the fan base. I guess the short termism is just a product of modern life that has naturally spread to football. We've seen plenty of it even over the last two remarkable seasons.
It will be a time for calm heads and even if it doesn't work out, we will have seen some of Europe's (possibly even the world's) best footballers grace the hallowed Portman Road turf.
I'm part aprehensive, part excited, but I do know that I'll be behind the manager and players throughout.
COYB.
[Post edited 10 May 9:18]

It certainly will. It's going to take some mindset shift from being so dominant in games in terms of points yield, chance creation, goals scored etc to having to get used to not having it our own way so often. Applies both to the players and the terraces.

Your last sentence is key. Whatever happens I think the fans are generally sensible enough to know that we're going to be fishing in a very different pond next season and expectations will have to reflect that. That's not to say we shouldn't be bullish, but there needs to be a healthy level of realism.
Jacko off.. on 10:53 - May 10 with 1152 viewsDanTheMan

So good.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jacko off.. on 11:17 - May 10 with 1067 viewsPencilpete

Jacko off.. on 10:53 - May 10 by DanTheMan

So good.

I blocked Cruncher on twitter - he did my head in

especially when he turned into such a ticket tout the club had to stop it !!

i'd take anything that bloke says with a pinch of salt.
Jacko off.. on 11:26 - May 10 with 1030 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jacko off.. on 09:52 - May 10 by FrimleyBlue

Still gets?

Clive. You've down arrowed this. How about answering why you've put still gets when referring to me. I've said nothing about wes since the issues were known. I've apologised for it to those involved. So whats the still gets all about?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jacko off.. on 12:17 - May 10 with 928 viewsGlory_Hunter

Jacko off.. on 11:26 - May 10 by FrimleyBlue

Clive. You've down arrowed this. How about answering why you've put still gets when referring to me. I've said nothing about wes since the issues were known. I've apologised for it to those involved. So whats the still gets all about?

We often bring a subject alive by reciting an anecdote in the present tense.

"So, I'm walking to the bakers and I see this bloke I know, Norwich supporting scum that he is, and anyways, he's got this dog right..."
Jacko off.. on 12:20 - May 10 with 905 viewsKeno

Jacko off.. on 12:17 - May 10 by Glory_Hunter

We often bring a subject alive by reciting an anecdote in the present tense.

"So, I'm walking to the bakers and I see this bloke I know, Norwich supporting scum that he is, and anyways, he's got this dog right..."

is that the one where the dog is licking his balls and you say 'I wish I could do that'

to which the bloke replies 'give him enough treats and he'll let you'

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Jacko off.. on 12:21 - May 10 with 906 viewsGlory_Hunter

Jacko off.. on 12:20 - May 10 by Keno

is that the one where the dog is licking his balls and you say 'I wish I could do that'

to which the bloke replies 'give him enough treats and he'll let you'

Well I'm off to the bakers now so I'll let you know how it pans out.

Although in a few days time, but still in present tense for effect.
Jacko off.. on 12:43 - May 10 with 823 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacko off.. on 12:44 - May 10 with 820 viewsSwailsey

Jacko off.. on 12:43 - May 10 by GlasgowBlue

I keep reading this. What am I missing..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jacko off.. on 12:46 - May 10 with 815 viewstextbackup

Jacko off.. on 08:42 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Think it's quite clearly thanking his family - if he were to be off he'd confirm it and thank likes of McKenna etc

I do know Dom Ball is off, so wonder if some have been told already.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jacko off.. on 12:51 - May 10 with 791 viewshoppy

Jacko off.. on 12:46 - May 10 by textbackup

I do know Dom Ball is off, so wonder if some have been told already.

Balls out?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Jacko off.. on 12:51 - May 10 with 790 viewsN2_Blue

Jacko off.. on 12:44 - May 10 by Swailsey

I keep reading this. What am I missing..

It begins with 'n' and ends with 'e'.
[Post edited 10 May 12:52]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024