Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell released by QPR… 13:03 - May 12 with 4758 viewsRegencyBlue

It will be interesting to see where he goes now.

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:08 - May 12 with 4107 viewsJ2BLUE

Mowbray sounds like a big fan. Suspect he will get a year or two there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:13 - May 12 with 4031 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wherever he goes. I'd like to see them play him as a 10.

I just don't see a defensive midfielder in him. But his got sone excellent passing ability. Some of his assists were brilliant.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:14 - May 12 with 4035 viewsbournemouthblue

That move really hasn't worked well for him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:16 - May 12 with 4016 viewsjudespiveyg

Clearly there's some talent in there, certainly technically gifted. His lack of physicality and willingness to get stuck in has always held him back though. Just goes missing far too much for a central midfield player. It's possible his knee injury had something to do with that.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:30 - May 12 with 3880 viewsstrikalite

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:16 - May 12 by judespiveyg

Clearly there's some talent in there, certainly technically gifted. His lack of physicality and willingness to get stuck in has always held him back though. Just goes missing far too much for a central midfield player. It's possible his knee injury had something to do with that.

Saudi league, earn a fortune and he'd do well given his undoubted ability on the ball..
Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:48 - May 12 with 3748 viewsipswichtillidie

Col who?

Gav

Dozzell released by QPR… on 14:01 - May 12 with 3638 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

To think that £1M probably allowed us to sign Sam Morsy
Dozzell released by QPR… on 15:40 - May 12 with 3309 viewsLord_Lucan

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:14 - May 12 by bournemouthblue

That move really hasn't worked well for him

I remember the saga well.

Norwich were signing him and giving Jason a new house in Cromer and a job for life.

Definite info this and a tap on the nose that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell released by QPR… on 16:12 - May 12 with 3131 viewsibbleobble

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:08 - May 12 by J2BLUE

Mowbray sounds like a big fan. Suspect he will get a year or two there.

Maybe and if true it’s exactly what many predicted when he left here for the Championship. Sadly that’s as good as it’ll get for him from here on in.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:21 - May 12 with 2867 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cifuentes didn't need him at QPR. He needed the grafters in their long. hard relegation battle. It all perfectly paid off for Cifuentes whereas Dozzell got relegated with Birmingham.

How many managers has he had in his career 15? 17?

Also, how did Ashton manage to get a fee for him?

Colchester next?
Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:26 - May 12 with 2843 viewsChurchman

I’m sure AD will get a club ok. I’m just not sure where he fits. At 25 he’s experienced now and can certainly pick a pass. Upper L1/lower Championship?
Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:28 - May 12 with 2809 viewsJ2BLUE

Dozzell released by QPR… on 16:12 - May 12 by ibbleobble

Maybe and if true it’s exactly what many predicted when he left here for the Championship. Sadly that’s as good as it’ll get for him from here on in.

Completely forgot they went down when I posted that!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:37 - May 12 with 2749 viewsParisBlue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:21 - May 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

Cifuentes didn't need him at QPR. He needed the grafters in their long. hard relegation battle. It all perfectly paid off for Cifuentes whereas Dozzell got relegated with Birmingham.

How many managers has he had in his career 15? 17?

Also, how did Ashton manage to get a fee for him?

Colchester next?

Started off OK at Brum but once Rowett took over he wasn't selected.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:48 - May 12 with 2689 viewsfranz_tyson

After 3 years of Morsy ... and Mass.... surely we've raised the bar on what a midfielder is and what he can do for a team. Dozzell was a luxury player. He can't do any of the grafting that's required and he doesn't contribute enough with goals/assists. Play him as a number 10? Serious? How would be play in a team as a 10 and do the same things as Chappers or Broadhead? . He could possibly play in a deeper role where he's got a minder alongside him to do the grafting for him. I think League One is his level.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:32 - May 12 with 2516 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:30 - May 12 by strikalite

Saudi league, earn a fortune and he'd do well given his undoubted ability on the ball..

The desire and proper attitude is required everywhere even in the Saudi league.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/309167/page:1

Plenty of comments questioning his desire. Plenty of unfavourable opinions.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:47 - May 12 with 2440 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Dozzell released by QPR… on 13:13 - May 12 by FrimleyBlue

Wherever he goes. I'd like to see them play him as a 10.

I just don't see a defensive midfielder in him. But his got sone excellent passing ability. Some of his assists were brilliant.

He'd do well under a decent manager - dare I say it, if he'd stayed and worked under McKenna. Such a shame, because from what I saw he had the x-factor. That's the hard to find part. Surely it's the other stuff that can be trained?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:52 - May 12 with 2422 viewsRadlett_blue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:48 - May 12 by franz_tyson

After 3 years of Morsy ... and Mass.... surely we've raised the bar on what a midfielder is and what he can do for a team. Dozzell was a luxury player. He can't do any of the grafting that's required and he doesn't contribute enough with goals/assists. Play him as a number 10? Serious? How would be play in a team as a 10 and do the same things as Chappers or Broadhead? . He could possibly play in a deeper role where he's got a minder alongside him to do the grafting for him. I think League One is his level.

Indeed, neat & tidy on the ball but doesn't win it back & gets very few goals or assists for someone who is supposed to be an attacking midfield player. Will be seen as too much of a luxury player by many Championship managers & a foreign league, where technical ability is valued more highly, might suit him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:54 - May 12 with 2417 views_clive_baker_

We all wanted him to be a bit special because of his lineage but let’s be honest he’s never done anything as yet. Pretty ineffectual for the most part, went missing for large periods of games, unable to consistently dictate the tempo of a game from that deep lying role. You look at the ingredients it takes to be an effective central midfielder at this level and he’s got very few of them IMO, physically, tactically, perhaps mentally.

Clearly has some technical ability, but he’s basically Kevin Bru albeit with a more favourable surname around these parts.

Wish him well of course, staying at Brum in L1 could be the best move for him if he’s going to get game time.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 20:47 - May 12 with 2126 viewsJimmy86

Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:54 - May 12 by _clive_baker_

We all wanted him to be a bit special because of his lineage but let’s be honest he’s never done anything as yet. Pretty ineffectual for the most part, went missing for large periods of games, unable to consistently dictate the tempo of a game from that deep lying role. You look at the ingredients it takes to be an effective central midfielder at this level and he’s got very few of them IMO, physically, tactically, perhaps mentally.

Clearly has some technical ability, but he’s basically Kevin Bru albeit with a more favourable surname around these parts.

Wish him well of course, staying at Brum in L1 could be the best move for him if he’s going to get game time.

I loved Kevin Bru! Even though he thought people were booing him, but they were indeed shouting BRUUUUUUUUU
Dozzell released by QPR… on 21:07 - May 12 with 2041 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, was thinking the same earlier when I saw the news.

He’s just got nothing in his game that makes a good modern central midfielder.
[Post edited 12 May 21:16]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 21:11 - May 12 with 1999 viewsTractorWood

Didn't QPR call him the magician? Because he disappeared for games on end?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Dozzell released by QPR… on 21:38 - May 12 with 1891 viewsEuropablue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 17:48 - May 12 by franz_tyson

I can't help wondering what being coached by McKenna might have done for him. He certainly didn't get the best treatment and guidance while he was with us.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:15 - May 12 with 1752 viewsfranz_tyson

Dozzell released by QPR… on 21:38 - May 12 by Europablue

I can't help wondering what being coached by McKenna might have done for him. He certainly didn't get the best treatment and guidance while he was with us.

I don't think coaching has got anything to do with it. He's a got a headstart on all his peers by having a father who's an ex-pro. He's technically very good, but he hasn't got that drive or desire. Nor physicality. There are plenty of players around who didn't have McKenna's coaching who still made it to the top. I look at Dozzell's skillset and attributes and I don't think he could play in a McKenna side.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:26 - May 12 with 1703 viewsCoastalblue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:15 - May 12 by franz_tyson

I don't think coaching has got anything to do with it. He's a got a headstart on all his peers by having a father who's an ex-pro. He's technically very good, but he hasn't got that drive or desire. Nor physicality. There are plenty of players around who didn't have McKenna's coaching who still made it to the top. I look at Dozzell's skillset and attributes and I don't think he could play in a McKenna side.

Totally disagree and think it goes to show how much luck and being in the right place at the right time is every bit as important as ability.

If he were here now, as a 15 year old, getting the guidance he would get now he could end up being the player we all hoped he'd be.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:32 - May 12 with 1670 viewstextbackup

Dozzell released by QPR… on 18:47 - May 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

He'd do well under a decent manager - dare I say it, if he'd stayed and worked under McKenna. Such a shame, because from what I saw he had the x-factor. That's the hard to find part. Surely it's the other stuff that can be trained?

Not even sure McKenna could have polished his one good pass a month into much else.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024