Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna 21:11 - May 20 with 9726 viewsSitfcB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/20/brighton-pushing-to-sea
[Post edited 20 May 21:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:28 - May 20 with 2220 viewsSitfcB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 by ibbleobble

Best piece of advice and most sensible link I’ve seen hit the public domain this week:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-simon-jordan-urges-kieran-mckenna

Simon Jordan speaks sense.

Must be a video of that somewhere.

COYB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:29 - May 20 with 2184 viewsParky

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:24 - May 20 by SitfcB

Why do I think Moyes wouldn’t be that bad of an idea ffs.

Michael Carrick. Plays similar football, from a similar background, with similar connections.

I couldn’t care less if he’s just signed a new deal, we’d have to go and get him.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:30 - May 20 with 2168 viewsStewart27

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:23 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Got to be potter.

Yes it has to be. And I’d love the club to show ambition to make it happen if we lose the best manager of a generation.

We can’t make another KM type pint in the PL.

And I actually think we could get him.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:30 - May 20 with 2166 viewsLankHenners

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:25 - May 20 by ibbleobble

Best piece of advice and most sensible link I’ve seen hit the public domain this week:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswich-town-simon-jordan-urges-kieran-mckenna

"Thing I most agree with I've seen this week".

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:30 - May 20 with 2168 viewsibbleobble

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:26 - May 20 by Stewart27

That article has boiled my p!ss.

The writer hasn’t considered that KM might actually want to stay at Ipswich. Just talking about Chelsea or United being the alternatives.

Has anybody actually spoken to KM?

Steinberg is a West Ham fan. Incredible he’s got a job as a journo really.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:30 - May 20 with 2126 viewsWeirdFishes

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:17 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

This Edwards link bugs me. His football is crap.

I would be 100% against appointing Rob Edwards, not sure why he should be rewarded for relegation with our role if it came down to it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:31 - May 20 with 2086 viewsSitfcB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:29 - May 20 by Parky

Michael Carrick. Plays similar football, from a similar background, with similar connections.

I couldn’t care less if he’s just signed a new deal, we’d have to go and get him.

True, true.

COYB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:34 - May 20 with 2001 viewsolimar

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:27 - May 20 by Clutch

If we lose McKenna and appoint the likes of Cooper or even Edwards that will be depressing!

Whats wrong with Cooper, the Forest fans loved him.
Login to get fewer ads

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:34 - May 20 with 2002 viewsnodge_blue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:22 - May 20 by Guthrum

Depends who comes in and what he achieves.

In this day and age of rapid managerial turnover, there was always the risk somebody would try to poach an obviously brilliant young prospect.

Besides which, he hasn't gone yet.

I honestly didn't see it happening with our promotion, not yet anyway and especially not Brighton.

I agreed with Simon Jordan today who basically said Mckenna would have much more credit staying at town and keeping us up than going to Brighton and keeping them status quo.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:34 - May 20 with 1992 viewsFrimleyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:30 - May 20 by Stewart27

Yes it has to be. And I’d love the club to show ambition to make it happen if we lose the best manager of a generation.

We can’t make another KM type pint in the PL.

And I actually think we could get him.

Absolute perfect fit.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:39 - May 20 with 1872 viewsDaninthecampo

Just seen his interview on talksport, fully agree with what he said
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:41 - May 20 with 1809 viewssotd78

This snacks if a bad journalist flying a kite. A ten year old could have written that from what everyone knows about each of those clubs.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:42 - May 20 with 1765 viewsolimar

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:28 - May 20 by itfc48

You’d think Cooper learned a lot from that whole experience so would be a good shout. Not sure I buy the Rob Edwards links given how Ashton has managed to keep any transfer news under the radar.

Thats my thoughts too. He was really highly rated, did an amazing job at Forest in a really short period of time, they didnt want him to leave but I think accepted that if he didnt get enough results the owner would can him.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:45 - May 20 with 1689 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That article doesn’t actually confirm anything we don’t already know. It says a deal would need to be agree with Ipswich, and a deal with McKenna, so it’s not really any better journalism than talksport. There’s no confirmation I’ve seen that Brighton have even made an approach- just that he’s their first choice.

And as I said the other day why replacement needs to be at least similar stylistically, otherwise you just tear up the last two years work and start again. If we want to emulate Brighton’s progression - look how they replaced Potter, they wouldn’t have dreamed of someone like Edwards, they went for a coach with a not dissimilar approach.
[Post edited 20 May 21:48]
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:50 - May 20 with 1609 viewsbudgiebasher

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:26 - May 20 by Stewart27

That article has boiled my p!ss.

The writer hasn’t considered that KM might actually want to stay at Ipswich. Just talking about Chelsea or United being the alternatives.

Has anybody actually spoken to KM?

Boiled my piss too. “ Brighton are pushing to complete a deal ..” makes it sound like it’s nearly a done deal when it’s nothing of the sort. Steinberg might as well go and write for the sun; it’s an awful, lazy piece of journalism based on nothing. McKenna is going nowhere.

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:58 - May 20 with 1474 viewsRadlett_blue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:16 - May 20 by pointofblue

Here's the additional problem when it comes to McKenna's thought process - I don't really want Edwards. Luton went down on a very low number of points, all things considered. Why would he succeed here when he failed there? His record at Watford was hardly brilliant either.

Yet, that would be the mindset of other clubs towards McKenna if he takes us down. Of course, if he keeps us up his stock would be higher.

Edwards was manager of Watford for just 11 games, of which he won as many as he lost. Hardly something for which to condemn him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:01 - May 20 with 1424 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:03 - May 20 with 1352 viewsSitfcB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:01 - May 20 by Dubtractor

COYB

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:03 - May 20 with 1328 viewsnoggin

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:18 - May 20 by nodge_blue

If this does happen the players will be flat, the fans will be flat. Our bubble burst pretty quickly.

So disappointed in KM if it happens. I thought he had time on his side and a high level of integrity.

I could understand man u but f@@,k Brighton.

Yep, I would lose all respect for McKenna if he goes now. I honestly don't think he will....
[Post edited 20 May 22:10]

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:04 - May 20 with 1296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:03 - May 20 by noggin

Yep, I would lose all respect for McKenna if he goes now. I honestly don't think he will....
[Post edited 20 May 22:10]

Might have to bring back a post from 2.5 years ago...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:05 - May 20 with 1279 viewsGuthrum

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:34 - May 20 by nodge_blue

I honestly didn't see it happening with our promotion, not yet anyway and especially not Brighton.

I agreed with Simon Jordan today who basically said Mckenna would have much more credit staying at town and keeping us up than going to Brighton and keeping them status quo.

He may yet stay here. None of us know McKenna's opinion at this stage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:05 - May 20 with 1248 viewspointofblue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:58 - May 20 by Radlett_blue

Edwards was manager of Watford for just 11 games, of which he won as many as he lost. Hardly something for which to condemn him.

And it is Watford after all. They sack managers before they hire them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:05 - May 20 with 1245 viewsBluedandy

Jacob Steinberg says absolutely nothing new just rehashes the same old info ... filing a story with a breathless headline for the sake of clicks ... reflects the sorry state of modern online journalism.
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:09 - May 20 with 1156 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:05 - May 20 by Bluedandy

Jacob Steinberg says absolutely nothing new just rehashes the same old info ... filing a story with a breathless headline for the sake of clicks ... reflects the sorry state of modern online journalism.

Just not true. Steinberg(and most of the football writers at the Guardian) are incredibly well informed. For them to post it and then post a follow up, means there is definitely something in it. They don't do baseless gossip.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:10 - May 20 with 1096 viewsStokieBlue

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 22:04 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Might have to bring back a post from 2.5 years ago...

You might want to try a bit harder to pretend you're not enjoying this.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024