Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? 20:22 - Feb 6 with 5482 viewsMaySixth

Positive performance against Reading

Stuck with 3-5-2

Players coming back from injury

U23s impressing the watching Mick McCarthy

....ok, it's probably a false dawn

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:31 - Feb 6 with 3419 viewsIllinoisblue

it'll need to with Villa and Brighton away coming up...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 3405 viewsAld646

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:31 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

I was impressed with the midfield and Taylor at the back for once it was entertaining.why didn't Mick bring in these different forward thinking mid fielders into the club last summer.I don't need us to be world beaters just pass the ball forwards more.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:44 - Feb 6 with 3365 viewsGuthrum

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:31 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

Villa who haven't won a game since Boxing Day (only two of those six being draws)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 3293 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:44 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

Villa who haven't won a game since Boxing Day (only two of those six being draws)?

teams on a bad run usually use us to right their ship!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:17 - Feb 6 with 3260 viewsElderGrizzly

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:14 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

teams on a bad run usually use us to right their ship!

Could have a forward line that cost £27m too, to help them right that ship
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:20 - Feb 6 with 3255 viewsClausThomsen

Only one of those were at Villa Park though, where they're unbeaten all season.

Would be a great point, let alone win.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 with 3247 viewsDubtractor

I think people need to stop swinging their opinions back and forth on the basis of one result.

Less than a week ago the world was imploding after the Derby game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 3207 viewsElderGrizzly

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Dubtractor

I think people need to stop swinging their opinions back and forth on the basis of one result.

Completely agree. We've done this all season, hence why we are in the position we are in?

Not one result repeated on a row should tell you of plenty of false dawns

Certainly some key players coming back which will help though
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 22:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 23:04 - Feb 6 with 3163 viewsWestcountryblue

Any team with the likes of Johnny Williams, Bishop, Lawrence and McGoldrick is going to do damage at this level.

It's kind of a shame really, as if we'd had the likes of Steven Taylor at the back, plus a clean bill of health to players mentioned above, we actually have a cracking starting eleven.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 23:09 - Feb 6 with 3144 viewscatch74

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 21:37 - Feb 6 by Ald646

I was impressed with the midfield and Taylor at the back for once it was entertaining.why didn't Mick bring in these different forward thinking mid fielders into the club last summer.I don't need us to be world beaters just pass the ball forwards more.

I was thinking this earlier - i guess one answer would be that he expected Bishop back from injury. We'd all be ripping his head off if anyone had been brought in and taken Bishop's place if he'd been fit.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 23:14 - Feb 6 with 3117 viewsGuthrum

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:20 - Feb 6 by ClausThomsen

Only one of those were at Villa Park though, where they're unbeaten all season.

Would be a great point, let alone win.

They've also picked up 51.7% of their points (and five of their eight wins) against teams now in the bottom six. Their primary strength is against the weakest teams.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 04:51 - Feb 7 with 2975 viewspowinswitch

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 23:04 - Feb 6 by Westcountryblue

Any team with the likes of Johnny Williams, Bishop, Lawrence and McGoldrick is going to do damage at this level.

It's kind of a shame really, as if we'd had the likes of Steven Taylor at the back, plus a clean bill of health to players mentioned above, we actually have a cracking starting eleven.

Between August 13 th and October 22nd, bishop played two games, which netted us four points. He was on the bench for every other game except Leeds away. So In that period we played 13 games. Bishop started two and we picked up 4 points scoring 2 goals and conceded 0. Skuse and Douglas started 10 of the other 11. We scored 4, in those 10 games.

Jonny Williams started 1 game and was sub 7 times. How much did his loan cost us, and why was he not getting more game time. Cos douggie is different class. McCarthy can't help himself, he looks to not lose first. I look to beat the opposition and then look at what they can do to us. I think we used all 4 at Wednesday and won. We did the same the following week against Forest and that game was lost in the first 20 seconds. And that was that for this 4. He stuck with Skuse and Douglas through drab performance after drab performance. He has to go.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 05:43 - Feb 7 with 2951 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 22:21 - Feb 6 by Dubtractor

This .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 05:54 - Feb 7 with 2938 viewsITFC1983

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 05:43 - Feb 7 by Benters

This .

Agreed.

There will be ups and downs in any season and yes it has been very turbulent this year but Ipswich will always be my team and 1st love and that isn't going to change.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:41 - Feb 7 with 2895 viewsbrogansnose

The trouble is that the games themselves have gone from being totally outplayed by a better side like Derby to very good performances against a good side like Reading. We've not had a prolonged spell of either being cack or good but quite often being just dull. You're right , we shouldn't keep swinging opinions until there is more evidence of an upturn, or indeed downturn, but I feel that most of us want to have some hope and optimism especially after the double Lincoln debacle.
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:50 - Feb 7 with 2874 viewsjeera

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:41 - Feb 7 by brogansnose

The trouble is that the games themselves have gone from being totally outplayed by a better side like Derby to very good performances against a good side like Reading. We've not had a prolonged spell of either being cack or good but quite often being just dull. You're right , we shouldn't keep swinging opinions until there is more evidence of an upturn, or indeed downturn, but I feel that most of us want to have some hope and optimism especially after the double Lincoln debacle.

To be fair there's plenty not suffering with severe mood swings too.

There's the posters for example who try to remain as positive and supportive as possible, almost regardless.

And there's other fans who are determined to find fault one way or another.

So there is some consistency.

Either way, like you say, it's good to have something resembling progress, in any form.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:58 - Feb 7 with 2854 viewshoppy

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:50 - Feb 7 by jeera

There's the posters for example who try to remain as positive and supportive as possible, almost regardless.

Either way, like you say, it's good to have something resembling progress, in any form.

I think I pretty much fall in the first camp.

But to be fair to the swingers, there was a key difference between the Derby match and the Reading one in that the personnel available was different, and those late deadline day additions were able to be included for the first time. We played much better as a result.

How we go on from that one game will tell us more, but at the moment it's the only game we've got to go on. Whether they make a difference to our season pattern as well as how we played on Saturday remains to be seen.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:01 - Feb 7 with 2845 viewsMJallday

well we're nothing but helpful over in suffolk - im sure when they play us we'll sort that out

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:08 - Feb 7 with 2825 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 06:50 - Feb 7 by jeera

Im in the second group .

Have they cleaned the North stand roof yet ?

wonkers

Gentlybentley

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:16 - Feb 7 with 2796 viewsDolly2.0

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:08 - Feb 7 by Benters

Im in the second group .

wonkers

I wish you'd gone on Saturday. It would've cheered your heart.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:23 - Feb 7 with 2787 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:16 - Feb 7 by Dolly2.0

It will take more than a DRAW AT T'HUME to Reading who? ffs !
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 7:36]

Gentlybentley

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:24 - Feb 7 with 2785 viewspowinswitch

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:16 - Feb 7 by Dolly2.0

Saturday was good. I left on a high, impressed by the whole thing. Let's hope it is the basis of something. One swallow .....
Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:42 - Feb 7 with 2747 viewsDubtractor

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:23 - Feb 7 by Benters

It will take more than a DRAW AT T'HUME to Reading who? ffs !
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 7:36]

Ignore the result, it was an entertaining game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:19 - Feb 7 with 2648 viewsjeera

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:08 - Feb 7 by Benters

Im in the second group .

wonkers

Yes, it's safe to say you are.

But then you're not interested in actual opinion are you?

You just like a whinge and a bit of attention.

Christ, you're not even a real hamster.

(Yeah I know, down-vote).

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 08:23 - Feb 7 with 2642 viewsBenters

Does anyone detect a bit of confidence returning? on 07:42 - Feb 7 by Dubtractor

Ignore the result, it was an entertaining game.

It was for the purpose of a joke ...

I know it was good it sounded great on my radio ..

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024