Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
highlights of yesterdays game 17:19 - Jan 3 with 1178 viewsbadadski

i will admit if have only just watched the highlights as have been working, but everyone seems to think we played good football and Micma is playing more of an attacking team so things look to be improving.

i get frustrated like verybody else but we always said we wouldn't mind as fans losing if we were playing nice/ok football and yesterday seems to contradict this?

we played ok but lost to what i am going to upset a few by saying 2 cracking goals, the first ok Berra got caught out by the guys long thow but the swivel and volley finish was a peach and the ball from QPR's defender and touch before rounding the keeper would have been praised on match of the day if in the premier league for the entire episode.

This was not Websters fault if you ask me, i cant say for the posiitoning of the defenders for the first goal was great as i'm sure we must have researched the guy who takes throw ins and should have been deeper but hindsight is a wonderful thing but to blame a defender for that second goal is absurd.

I would be praising QPR for that, ok it was a smash and grab but you will get one long ball and finish like that per season against you.

I hope we continue to play this style regardless of what happens, if we do i will be happy.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 17:21]
highlights of yesterdays game on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 1118 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmmm. I don't think the second goal was anything but an individual error by Webster to give the QPR player the possibility to go one on one with Bart. However neatly he finished it.

Webster watched the ball and let it and the man get behind him. You either take the ball or you get goalside of the attacker. Unfortunately he did the same thing for the first goal despite it being Berra's initial mistake not to get enough on the clearance.

Otherwise he was very good yesterday. And with his age and potential these things can be coached - and in fact experiences like yesterday make a brutal point he's unlikely to forget.

Pronouns: He/Him

highlights of yesterdays game on 17:28 - Jan 3 with 1116 viewsFtnfwest

Don't think anyone's upset by how we played. As for the result itself a draw or loss wasn't a big issue either
highlights of yesterdays game on 18:02 - Jan 3 with 1038 viewsbadadski

highlights of yesterdays game on 17:28 - Jan 3 by Ftnfwest

Don't think anyone's upset by how we played. As for the result itself a draw or loss wasn't a big issue either

I dont think he was ball watching, just dont think he could of got to the ball or blocked the striker without getting sent off for being last man. It wasn't within reach and remember he would have been back to goal rather than running onto the ball like the striker would have been. It was just a beautiful ball to run on to which was finished with a aplomb.

I will say though he does have alot of improving to do, although dont think their was much could have been done with yesterdays second goal he has certainly contributed with giving the ball away or bad positon for lots of other goals through the games he has played to date though. A few, funnily enough have come with him mishitting clearances off his left foot when Micma put him on the left side of centre and a left footer on the right side of centre? go figure
highlights of yesterdays game on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 1026 viewsjas0999

The two goals we conceded were very poor. No excuses really.

The highlights showed a couple of good moves by us, but in reality, excellent goal from Lawrence aside - their keeper, like ours, had a relatively easy day. That's been the trouble recently, whilst Bart has at times been over worked.
highlights of yesterdays game on 18:20 - Jan 3 with 987 viewsDarth_Koont

highlights of yesterdays game on 18:05 - Jan 3 by jas0999

The two goals we conceded were very poor. No excuses really.

The highlights showed a couple of good moves by us, but in reality, excellent goal from Lawrence aside - their keeper, like ours, had a relatively easy day. That's been the trouble recently, whilst Bart has at times been over worked.

That was the other side of yesterday. We got into some great positions but couldn't work their keeper enough. And even when we did there were 3 or 4 attempts at the near post when forcing the keeper to handle a shot in the middle or towards the far post would have given QPR far more problems.

Could easily have been a very comfortable 2-0 on the performance and chances if we'd just made a couple of better decisions at either end. QPR weren't very good between the boxes at all but they were much better than us in them - their defenders didn't give us anything and they put away the only two decent chances they had. Credit for that but if we'd just been better ourselves it wouldn't have mattered.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 18:21]

Pronouns: He/Him

highlights of yesterdays game on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 928 viewsbadadski

highlights of yesterdays game on 18:20 - Jan 3 by Darth_Koont

That was the other side of yesterday. We got into some great positions but couldn't work their keeper enough. And even when we did there were 3 or 4 attempts at the near post when forcing the keeper to handle a shot in the middle or towards the far post would have given QPR far more problems.

Could easily have been a very comfortable 2-0 on the performance and chances if we'd just made a couple of better decisions at either end. QPR weren't very good between the boxes at all but they were much better than us in them - their defenders didn't give us anything and they put away the only two decent chances they had. Credit for that but if we'd just been better ourselves it wouldn't have mattered.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 18:21]

from the looks of the limited highlights i agree completly their Darth, 2 attemps at near post when a ball across the middle was needed, McGoldricks was typical greed, got n good positon but shooting at the near post with the goalkeeper stood their was just plain greedy, some blue shirts at the back post were up in arms at that in fairness. similar in second half, cracking run and skill be needed to cross not shoot from tight angle with keeper blocking near post as you can easily get an OG from that close and pinging it low across the middle.
highlights of yesterdays game on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 888 viewshoppy

highlights of yesterdays game on 18:02 - Jan 3 by badadski

I dont think he was ball watching, just dont think he could of got to the ball or blocked the striker without getting sent off for being last man. It wasn't within reach and remember he would have been back to goal rather than running onto the ball like the striker would have been. It was just a beautiful ball to run on to which was finished with a aplomb.

I will say though he does have alot of improving to do, although dont think their was much could have been done with yesterdays second goal he has certainly contributed with giving the ball away or bad positon for lots of other goals through the games he has played to date though. A few, funnily enough have come with him mishitting clearances off his left foot when Micma put him on the left side of centre and a left footer on the right side of centre? go figure

I've not seen the highlights, so don't know how much they show prior to the second goal, but for me, the error was the poor clearance out of defence which gave them possession to come forward from. That was a bit sloppy and I felt at the time it could be punished, and indeed it was, unfortunately.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

highlights of yesterdays game on 19:26 - Jan 3 with 818 viewsPJH

highlights of yesterdays game on 17:28 - Jan 3 by Darth_Koont

Hmmm. I don't think the second goal was anything but an individual error by Webster to give the QPR player the possibility to go one on one with Bart. However neatly he finished it.

Webster watched the ball and let it and the man get behind him. You either take the ball or you get goalside of the attacker. Unfortunately he did the same thing for the first goal despite it being Berra's initial mistake not to get enough on the clearance.

Otherwise he was very good yesterday. And with his age and potential these things can be coached - and in fact experiences like yesterday make a brutal point he's unlikely to forget.

Webster having given the ball away to start with which left him the wrong side of the player that he was supposed to be marking-presumably that is not shown on the highlights?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 19:49]
Login to get fewer ads

highlights of yesterdays game on 19:44 - Jan 3 with 787 viewsbadadski

highlights of yesterdays game on 19:26 - Jan 3 by PJH

Webster having given the ball away to start with which left him the wrong side of the player that he was supposed to be marking-presumably that is not shown on the highlights?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 19:49]

i didn't really look at the initial clearance to be honest but if it was him then yes you could say poor clearance as it went straight to one of QPRS players. It was still a great ball from distance and finish though. If we were this clynical with chances even tiwce as easy as QPR'S but yet still missed then i think we would be onto a winner.
highlights of yesterdays game on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 753 viewsPJH

highlights of yesterdays game on 19:44 - Jan 3 by badadski

i didn't really look at the initial clearance to be honest but if it was him then yes you could say poor clearance as it went straight to one of QPRS players. It was still a great ball from distance and finish though. If we were this clynical with chances even tiwce as easy as QPR'S but yet still missed then i think we would be onto a winner.

It is true that if our finishing had been better yesterday then their second goal would have been irrelevant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024