Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Failing to indicate clearly tops list of worst UK driver habits 15:12 - Feb 10 with 802 viewsthebluewizzard

Cut and Paste from Sky News - any anyone wants to own up to?

An RAC poll of more than 2,100 motorists found that nearly three in five (58%) said people who do not signal clearly or fail to indicate at all are the most inconsiderate.

RAC Insurance spokesman Simon Williams said: "There are a variety of behaviours at the wheel that motorists class as being inconsiderate, most of which involve deliberate acts which are blatantly thoughtless, but the top answer of not indicating clearly is probably more due to misunderstanding or forgetfulness.

"If more of us were to follow the indicating rules, there would probably be fewer bumps at roundabouts."

Hogging the middle lane of a motorway, getting angry with other drivers and selfish parking were also among the more irritating driver habits found in the poll.

Here is the top 10 most annoying motoring behaviour:

1. Not indicating clearly - 58%
2. Hogging the middle lane on a motorway - 56%
3. Not leaving plenty of space behind the car in front - 51%
4. Getting angry with other motorists - 46%
5. Selfish parking - 45%
6. Not thanking other drivers - 43%
7. Not slowing down to pass horses - 34%
8. Speeding - 30%
9. Driving too close to cyclists - 29%
10. Beeping horn in anger - 27

Failing to indicate clearly tops list of worst UK driver habits on 15:25 - Feb 10 with 765 viewsfactual_blue

I think that poll is a little unfair. It's not the fault of those BMW, Range Rover and Mercedes drivers that those cars are made with non-functioning indicators.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Failing to indicate clearly tops list of worst UK driver habits on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 728 viewsPendejo

1. People not indicating right at the junction of Pont St & Sloane St until the lights change... GRRRRR

2. M4 @ 05:15 from town to LHR loads of Prius drivers in o/s 2 lanes whilst inside lane is empty

3. Should be able to see car in front's rear tyres... makes me even madder when they block a turn [last night o/s Peckham Harris Academy]

4. ?????

5. Highway Code says 5 yards from a corner... where I live people park right on the corner obsuring view down the road from where speeding drivers come [despite 20mph limit and a big hump where the junction is!]

6. Hmm disappointing more than irritating

7. Madness! If that horse panics...!

8. Eh?

9. Madness! If that cyclist needs to avoid a pot hole or drain cover...

10. Same as 4 innit?

May I add... please who top in "Keep Clear" boxes [Vauxhall Bridge Road]

I feel better for that thank you.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Failing to indicate clearly tops list of worst UK driver habits on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 724 viewsfactual_blue

Failing to indicate clearly tops list of worst UK driver habits on 15:54 - Feb 10 by Pendejo

1. People not indicating right at the junction of Pont St & Sloane St until the lights change... GRRRRR

2. M4 @ 05:15 from town to LHR loads of Prius drivers in o/s 2 lanes whilst inside lane is empty

3. Should be able to see car in front's rear tyres... makes me even madder when they block a turn [last night o/s Peckham Harris Academy]

4. ?????

5. Highway Code says 5 yards from a corner... where I live people park right on the corner obsuring view down the road from where speeding drivers come [despite 20mph limit and a big hump where the junction is!]

6. Hmm disappointing more than irritating

7. Madness! If that horse panics...!

8. Eh?

9. Madness! If that cyclist needs to avoid a pot hole or drain cover...

10. Same as 4 innit?

May I add... please who top in "Keep Clear" boxes [Vauxhall Bridge Road]

I feel better for that thank you.

You also need to realise that during the school run, mothers with children in their cars are immune from the provisions of the various Road Traffic Acts and the Highway Code.

The massively entitled parents at the Catholic school in Westgate Street in Bury are some of the worst.

Also there are no right turn signs out of of the bottom of Ixworth High Street on to the A143, and out of the small car park at the rear of Bury St Edmunds Tescos.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024