Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
worst league finish for 58 years? 17:06 - Mar 6 with 4405 viewsCaptainObvious

we are currently occupying the position (on goal difference) that would be our equal worst finish in 58 years. plenty of points still to be attained of course, but isn't Mick McCarthy doing a great job?

and because that's what we are constantly being told, you cannot possibly tell if that's sarcastic or not!

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

worst league finish for 58 years? on 09:51 - Mar 7 with 354 viewspatrickswell

I know if my auntie had balls etc, but had we held on to the lead in all the games we've drawn since Reading, we would be 8th, 8 points off the top 6 and a point ahead of Norwich. Unfortunately it's typical of the mindset we've fallen into that we couldn't win more of those games. I don't think it was for lack of trying though.

I really hope the intensity doesn't drop now we've come through Fearsome February unbeaten.
worst league finish for 58 years? on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 350 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

worst league finish for 58 years? on 19:26 - Mar 6 by 3_5_2

What?

His attitude was awful? You went to the game yes?

We were 3 nil down in no time and the first 45 minutes we were penned almost totally in our own half. The "service" he received was a succession of hoofs which their CB won every time. He is a box player and he needs chances, on the floor mainly in and around the 18 yard box. That night he was totally isolated.

That had nothing to do with with his attitude, it was a shocking, awful team performance since which, MM has at least shortened up the play and tried to play a bit. Ironically on Saturday, Pitman was the better suited player for us when we neede a change but we went route one again with Moore.

Yeah I did

And I remember him hardly even bothering to jump for headers and sulking for large spells of the game before eventually being subbed

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

worst league finish for 58 years? on 10:20 - Mar 7 with 325 viewsNo9

worst league finish for 58 years? on 17:15 - Mar 6 by SomethingBlue

I would say, quite apart from any Mick-related argument, that we are are at a bigger competitive disadvantage than in any of our other seasons in this division over the last 58 years. I'd be impressed to hear an argument to the contrary.

The division is very poor this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024