Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflation up to 2.3% 09:51 - Mar 21 with 3659 viewsBOjK

How are the Brexiteers going to spin this as good news?

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Inflation up to 2.3% on 11:55 - Mar 21 with 824 viewsNo9

Inflation up to 2.3% on 10:50 - Mar 21 by StokieBlue

I don't know the answer to either question.

Unfortunately those are the best public sources I had time to find at the moment. The BoE forward curve should be pretty good, likely based off interpolation between traded futures contracts expiry.

SB

As the Brexiteers have spent so much time denigrating the BoE & other forecasters who dare to question or show how that things may not be as good in the near to mid future as they would like it is questionable whether or not the estimates have any validity. Watching the BoE one can be forgiven for thinking this is a man who has been 'got at'.
There are forecasts inflation will be at 4% by the end of this year but, as always we do not know what will be included in the inflation calculation as politicians move the goal posts frequently.
If you remember in the 80's when the cos of oil was headed north at a rate, the government removed it from the inflation equation. If accommodation (housing etc.) was included now, as it should be to give an accurate assessment of inflation the headline rate would probably be circa 10%.

It basically is all dishonest
Inflation up to 2.3% on 12:56 - Mar 21 with 803 viewsflimflam

Higher inflation is not always a bad thing and hopefully will lead to interest rates being increased.
This in turn could have an effect on house prices, hopefully bringing them down.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Inflation up to 2.3% on 12:58 - Mar 21 with 801 viewsflimflam

Inflation up to 2.3% on 10:35 - Mar 21 by BOjK

Indeed. But wages were rising before we voted for Brexit - for about 2 years, but then the pound collapsed and the Brexiteers all shouted about how great this was as our exporters would get a great boost.

The pound was way over valued so just fell to its correct position.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:03 - Mar 22 with 760 viewstiptreeblue

to be fair, i`m still waiting to hear when we will be coming out of the recession we went into after we voted to leave,
Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:17 - Mar 22 with 752 viewsDarth_Koont

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:03 - Mar 22 by tiptreeblue

to be fair, i`m still waiting to hear when we will be coming out of the recession we went into after we voted to leave,

You missed the 70 billion in quantitative easing?

Pronouns: He/Him

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:23 - Mar 22 with 742 viewstiptreeblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:17 - Mar 22 by Darth_Koont

You missed the 70 billion in quantitative easing?

so whatever happens, we can do something to rectify it then, good news, unless we all want to sit around blubbing, we will get through it all and come out the other side stronger
on 07:33 - Mar 22 with 733 views_

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:37 - Mar 22 with 733 viewsoldbluestu

And season ticket prices only up 1.5%, cheap
Login to get fewer ads

Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:24 - Mar 22 with 712 viewsDarth_Koont

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:23 - Mar 22 by tiptreeblue

so whatever happens, we can do something to rectify it then, good news, unless we all want to sit around blubbing, we will get through it all and come out the other side stronger

Throwing good money after bad is one definition of doing something I suppose.

Anyway, putting the economic stupidity aside. I'm more worried about where this country is heading politically and socially without the common sense and democratic values of the EU. We're a Trumpesque basket case just won't or can't admit it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:32 - Mar 22 with 696 viewstiptreeblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:24 - Mar 22 by Darth_Koont

Throwing good money after bad is one definition of doing something I suppose.

Anyway, putting the economic stupidity aside. I'm more worried about where this country is heading politically and socially without the common sense and democratic values of the EU. We're a Trumpesque basket case just won't or can't admit it.

So, blubbing it is then?
Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:37 - Mar 22 with 677 viewsfeelingblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 07:23 - Mar 22 by tiptreeblue

Obviously we can get through it all.

Pumping £70bn into QE is not really rectifying anything, it just buying time at a heavy cost.

There is nothing except blind hope to lead anyone to believe that we will come out stronger.
Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:58 - Mar 22 with 658 viewstiptreeblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:37 - Mar 22 by feelingblue

Obviously we can get through it all.

Pumping £70bn into QE is not really rectifying anything, it just buying time at a heavy cost.

There is nothing except blind hope to lead anyone to believe that we will come out stronger.

using your own analysis, there is nothing to say we won`t either, except for people not getting behind it, it`s going to happen so, we MUST get behind it to make it work, then, we will be stronger in my opinion.
Inflation up to 2.3% on 09:00 - Mar 22 with 651 viewsfeelingblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 08:58 - Mar 22 by tiptreeblue

using your own analysis, there is nothing to say we won`t either, except for people not getting behind it, it`s going to happen so, we MUST get behind it to make it work, then, we will be stronger in my opinion.

That is just empty sloganeering.

Get behind what?
Inflation up to 2.3% on 09:03 - Mar 22 with 648 viewstiptreeblue

Inflation up to 2.3% on 09:00 - Mar 22 by feelingblue

That is just empty sloganeering.

Get behind what?

Really? i suppose that`s why we may have a problem in the future
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024