Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My letter to the club 23:30 - Mar 21 with 1364 viewsnorth_stand77

I sent this to the Club over the weekend. Its from my heart and how I feel rather than a business letter tho.

Dear Mr Milne,

Please take the time to read this letter.

Firstly, I will explain a little about myself. I went to my first Ipswich Town game on my tenth birthday. Although we lost, I was hooked and began following my beloved team home and abroad. Initially I spent my pocket money, then my wages.
When I could afford to do so, I bought season tickets - in fact two per season. As a mother of four children it was a huge financial decision to make every year, but it allowed me to treat my children in turn.

When the club was in disarray, I bought shares as a way of helping the club. It was obvious I would never be able to sell them and recoup my 'investment' but I wanted to help out.

I am 60 years old in October and I was looking forward to paying slightly less for one of my tickets. I felt it was a reward for following Ipswich and paying literally tens of thousands of pounds in to the club over the years.

How wrong I was. What a kick in the teeth.
I can tell you now Mr Milne, I can put up with poor football, I can put up with watching my club and facilities deteriorate around us all, but I cannot tell you how disappointed and let down I feel with you and the board.

Other clubs are able to stick to allowing concessions for 60 year olds - why can't you?
I'm afraid your argument relating to the 'demographics of Suffolk' doesn't wash with me, I actually find it quite insulting.

I ask that you reconsider your pricing strategy on this and other ticketing decisions, as I feel you have alienated a huge number of supporters who have been loyal to the club.
It feels like a one way relationship where you are taking everything and giving nothing back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder if I will get a reply?

My letter to the club on 23:37 - Mar 21 with 1315 viewsgtsb1966

Great letter. I've said this once and I'll say it again.....the removal of the concession for 60 /65 year olds is the biggest mistake of the lot. Years of loyalty met with two fingers.
My letter to the club on 23:44 - Mar 21 with 1289 viewsnorth_stand77

My letter to the club on 23:37 - Mar 21 by gtsb1966

Great letter. I've said this once and I'll say it again.....the removal of the concession for 60 /65 year olds is the biggest mistake of the lot. Years of loyalty met with two fingers.

Thank you. If the club were to admit that this may not have been a very wise move and backed down, I think the supporters would have much more respect for them.
I'm not holding my breath.
My letter to the club on 23:57 - Mar 21 with 1230 viewsfactual_blue

Are you concerned about the club's policy on new replica shirts?

Great letter.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My letter to the club on 00:02 - Mar 22 with 1209 viewsnorth_stand77

My letter to the club on 23:57 - Mar 21 by factual_blue

Are you concerned about the club's policy on new replica shirts?

Great letter.

Not particularly 😁
My letter to the club on 00:12 - Mar 22 with 1180 viewsFreddy

Great letter other according to paper all other champ clubs moved to 65 for concessions years ago??.
My letter to the club on 06:46 - Mar 22 with 999 viewschristiand

A good letter North stand. What I can't understand is what are the club doing to get ALL fans back to Portman Road, instead of looking at penalising certain demographics?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 6:55]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My letter to the club on 06:53 - Mar 22 with 987 viewsSitfcB

Sorry to point out but, you'd have to be 60+ from the cut off date in August to qualify for a 60+ ticket.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

My letter to the club on 08:14 - Mar 22 with 896 viewsnorth_stand77

My letter to the club on 06:53 - Mar 22 by SitfcB

Sorry to point out but, you'd have to be 60+ from the cut off date in August to qualify for a 60+ ticket.

Yes I know Sitters, but my point is that I thought all along that I would be paying a concessionary ticket when I was over 60. I wasn't expecting it next season but the following year. It still means I will be paying extra for a further 5 years.
Also the way I feel is just as much about the clubs attitude to the majority of its customers as it is on a financial front
Login to get fewer ads

My letter to the club on 08:50 - Mar 22 with 831 viewsPinewoodblue

My letter to the club on 08:14 - Mar 22 by north_stand77

Yes I know Sitters, but my point is that I thought all along that I would be paying a concessionary ticket when I was over 60. I wasn't expecting it next season but the following year. It still means I will be paying extra for a further 5 years.
Also the way I feel is just as much about the clubs attitude to the majority of its customers as it is on a financial front

The original idea was to give a concession when people reached pensionable age. Since women, at thst time, received a state pension at age 60 to avoid claims of sexual discrimination everyone aged sixty was able to buy a cheaper ticket.

Bus passes were also available when you reached sixty. When the pension age for women started to move towards alignment with thst for men the date you were eligible for a bus pass moved in tandem.

The club should have done the same but didn't bother, perhaps it wasn't economical to do so, so left it as it was.

In a couple of years no one will receive state pension who is under 65. The easy way out is for the club to say everyone who currently receives a concession will continue to do so.

The club won't backdown though as Evan's is too far removed from the fan base and probably unwilling to admit he has made a stupid error.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024