Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Use a smaller quality squad? 03:03 - Jun 4 with 1198 viewsharlingblue

Please Mick, demand money from ME for a quality striker and quality midfield playmaker, the rest of the squad is ok.
No more stop gap, might me ok or injury prone players, have a smaller squad and let the Academy earn their corn by creating players worthy of a first team place.
In Cup games use the same players, stop these wholesale changes that have made YOU and US a laughing stock, especially in TV games.
Use a smaller quality squad? on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1113 viewsDennyx4

Sadly, think we need more than two signings.

Agree with smaller squad and using the academy players to fill the gaps - ideally want a squad of 18 experienced first team players with the younger players making that up to 26. I would include Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell, Benyu etc in the younger player bracket.

In relation to cup games, definitely need to play our strongest team - there was an article from Swiss Ramble, stating that we were one of the most reliant clubs in the Championship on gate receipts. It also mentions big boosts in income from Cup Semi v Arsenal, Away to Man U and Away to Chelsea in the cup.

If we rely on gate receipts so much, we can't afford not to play our strongest team in the cup games.
Use a smaller quality squad? on 11:16 - Jun 4 with 1072 viewsWD19

In effect our play-off squad was smaller and tighter.

However, having a small squad is a risk.....and even more so now that in-season loan restrictions are tighter. That is a change from then and I think it is a factor in us having a more bloated squad.
Use a smaller quality squad? on 11:25 - Jun 4 with 1065 viewsMJallday

im pretty sure i saw somewhere that a normal squad size is 26-29 and we currently have 16-18

from memory, this is what blackpools problem was a couple of years ago... didnt end well

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Milne has said that.... on 11:48 - Jun 4 with 1047 viewsBloots

Use a smaller quality squad? on 11:25 - Jun 4 by MJallday

im pretty sure i saw somewhere that a normal squad size is 26-29 and we currently have 16-18

from memory, this is what blackpools problem was a couple of years ago... didnt end well

...we have 19 and need 26.

When I say "Milne has said", obviously I mean M & M have told him to say that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Milne has said that.... on 11:58 - Jun 4 with 1029 viewsMJallday

Milne has said that.... on 11:48 - Jun 4 by Bloots

...we have 19 and need 26.

When I say "Milne has said", obviously I mean M & M have told him to say that.

thanks i knew it was about those sort of numners

so at least 7 signings... should be interesting! 7 x 10k bargins from forest green?

actually we should just sign the entire lincoln squad.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024