Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn asking for May to resign... 17:12 - Jun 9 with 2219 viewsclive_baker

Now I'm no fan of May, and I know Corbyn closed the gap massively vs. the last election, but the British public took to the polling stations yesterday to vote for their PM.

Theresa May has won 60 more seats than him and in absolute terms received 800,000 more votes. Albeit less convincingly than anticipated, the will of the British people is to favour May over Corbyn.

On that basis is it not rich to request her resignation? If she's that spectacularly bad, how have you only managed a 'strong 2nd'. Should he not go too?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:17 - Jun 9 with 2185 viewsuefacup81

One has contrived to miss the biggest open goal in electoral history.

The other has performed the electoral equivalent of sprinting back from the opposition 6-yard box to block on his own goal-line, with the opposition starting with the ball on the penalty spot, unopposed...

(But no, I don't think Corbyn needs to be calling for May to resign, her own party will take care of that for him).
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 17:18]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:25 - Jun 9 with 2145 viewsclive_baker

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:17 - Jun 9 by uefacup81

One has contrived to miss the biggest open goal in electoral history.

The other has performed the electoral equivalent of sprinting back from the opposition 6-yard box to block on his own goal-line, with the opposition starting with the ball on the penalty spot, unopposed...

(But no, I don't think Corbyn needs to be calling for May to resign, her own party will take care of that for him).
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 17:18]

I understand that. Questionable judgement to call an unnecessary election on her part.

The point remains, they started at 0-0 yesterday morning, and Theresa May has won 20% more seats than him, with 800,000 more votes. I think it's a bit rich to call for her to fall on her sword, when he still couldn't engineer a victory against that mess.

To continue your football analogy, he's the Wenger of the politics world. Refuses to step down and celebrates runner up like he's won the league.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 17:39]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:26 - Jun 9 with 2133 viewsjaykay

she didnt need to call an election.she did as in her words the h.o.p. is divided the country isnt,so we will have a election.so now the h.o.p. is more divded plus the country is now divded. so queen canute should have principles and resign

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:38 - Jun 9 with 2099 viewsEastTownBlue

You don't call an unecessary election to reduce your majority.

She said this afternoon that she was forming a government in the national interest. Wasn't that her idea for the election in the first place ?
Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:48 - Jun 9 with 2067 viewsuefacup81

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:25 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

I understand that. Questionable judgement to call an unnecessary election on her part.

The point remains, they started at 0-0 yesterday morning, and Theresa May has won 20% more seats than him, with 800,000 more votes. I think it's a bit rich to call for her to fall on her sword, when he still couldn't engineer a victory against that mess.

To continue your football analogy, he's the Wenger of the politics world. Refuses to step down and celebrates runner up like he's won the league.

They didn't start at 0-0 though, did they. Regardless of the result in isolation, Corbyn did much better than anyone expected, and May did much worse than expected.

If you insist on treating it in complete isolation, it's like a Conference team (ooh... let's say Lincoln) only losing 0-1 against a team who would have been expected to beat them by a cricket score (erm... Ipswich?).
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 17:48]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 17:58 - Jun 9 with 2045 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yet another good argument for PR

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 18:01 - Jun 9 with 2045 viewsBlueBadger

If we're doing football analogies, this would make the Tories Norwich City circa 94/95. Expected to qualify in a high position, miles away from their rivals and ending up relegated, albeit with a higher points total.

[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 18:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 18:20 - Jun 9 with 2014 viewsStokieBlue

I'm no fan of JC but he's got a valid point. Her position is untenable and the DUP move is borderline crazy.

She should go or be pushed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 18:29 - Jun 9 with 1998 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn asking for May to resign... on 18:20 - Jun 9 by StokieBlue

I'm no fan of JC but he's got a valid point. Her position is untenable and the DUP move is borderline crazy.

She should go or be pushed.

SB

I suspect that Tory voters hoping for the return of bloodsports will be getting their wish fairly shortly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024