Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil: Hugill update!? 17:46 - Jul 23 with 12344 viewsKarlNorw

Do you think we are going head-2-head with Brums/Sunderland(?) for him?
Willing to pay 3-4m....
Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:47 - Jul 23 with 9196 viewshoppy

That's kind of you... have you let Marcus know of your offer?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:47 - Jul 23 with 9204 viewsPhilTWTD

Would surprise me given the price that's now being talked about.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:56 - Jul 23 with 9128 viewsmuccletonjoe

I think its absolutely nailed on we are signing no one for a fee and the best that will happen is a prem league cast off next month on loan.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:58 - Jul 23 with 9088 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:56 - Jul 23 by muccletonjoe

I think its absolutely nailed on we are signing no one for a fee and the best that will happen is a prem league cast off next month on loan.

Cast offs like Tom Lawrence you mean? I hate those guys.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:24 - Jul 23 with 8953 viewsKarlNorw

Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:47 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

Would surprise me given the price that's now being talked about.

If there is a time to make a "statement of intent" - this is the one.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:31 - Jul 23 with 8903 viewsmuccletonjoe

Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:24 - Jul 23 by KarlNorw

Think marcus evans is making a very clear statement of his intent
Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:53 - Jul 23 with 8763 viewsIllinoisblue

Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:31 - Jul 23 by muccletonjoe

Five point plan and a large dollop of hoping for the best

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:06 - Jul 23 with 8674 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil: Hugill update!? on 18:24 - Jul 23 by KarlNorw

There may be a bit more money to spend this summer but it would surprise me if they'd spend £2.5m-£3m on one player. Wages-wise, the other clubs interested will probably bump up his requirements on that front as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:08 - Jul 23 with 8638 viewschristiand

'Yes, here's a few crumbs of comfort Mick, but nothing over a £1m or we aren't interested!'

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:10 - Jul 23 with 8617 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:08 - Jul 23 by christiand

'Yes, here's a few crumbs of comfort Mick, but nothing over a £1m or we aren't interested!'

Whilst we still need another striker, on the whole our transfer business has been very decent.

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:15 - Jul 23 with 8582 viewshowdonblue

Phil: Hugill update!? on 17:56 - Jul 23 by muccletonjoe

You can bet your life on it !

I know I'm probably going to get mullered for it but we've had since Murphy left to sign this centre forward we so badly need and it has not happened!

It's cast offs for us !

Hope I'm wrong but I ain't holding out any hope at this time .
Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:16 - Jul 23 with 8563 viewschristiand

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:10 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Whilst we still need another striker, on the whole our transfer business has been very decent.

Can't disagree with you Herbivore, but would love a signing that gets us all excited and really get us all thinking, 'Wow, perhaps we really do mean business this season!'

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:18 - Jul 23 with 8531 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:16 - Jul 23 by christiand

Can't disagree with you Herbivore, but would love a signing that gets us all excited and really get us all thinking, 'Wow, perhaps we really do mean business this season!'

Give me an idea of the kind of player you mean.

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:26 - Jul 23 with 8460 viewsjas0999

Is he? Let's see. Bought two fee players last year, then sold Murphy. Covered those fees and some. Let's hope Bart isn't Murphy this season.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:34 - Jul 23 with 8401 viewschristiand

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:18 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Give me an idea of the kind of player you mean.

The man titled in this thread or what about Josh Morris from Scunthorpe?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:41 - Jul 23 with 8348 viewsKarlNorw

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:06 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

There may be a bit more money to spend this summer but it would surprise me if they'd spend £2.5m-£3m on one player. Wages-wise, the other clubs interested will probably bump up his requirements on that front as well.

Hugill would be a perfect nr.9 and Murphy replacement. Also perpect age for future sell on / profit, which is a reason why I think/hope we might go all inn for him.

Do you have other Hugill type of players in mind of potential targets?
Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:48 - Jul 23 with 8297 viewsgeavesie

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:41 - Jul 23 by KarlNorw

Hugill would be a perfect nr.9 and Murphy replacement. Also perpect age for future sell on / profit, which is a reason why I think/hope we might go all inn for him.

Agree with all that.Hugill ticks all the boxes as replacement for Murphy.Need to go all in for him but as I expect we won't.My suggestion for a replacement is Ashley fletcher from west ham but that would have to be on loan as I don't believe they would sell.Plenty of competition tho if they do let him out on loan.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:03 - Jul 23 with 8245 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:41 - Jul 23 by KarlNorw

I don't disagree with much of that but think he's probably out of our price range now. No other names of targets come to mind at present, although I'm not sure the striker they'll sign will necessarily be a Murphy-a-like. Garner has been brought in to play that role and some of the other players they've looked at - Samuel, Joe Mason - are different types of striker.
Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:17 - Jul 23 with 8179 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 19:34 - Jul 23 by christiand

The man titled in this thread or what about Josh Morris from Scunthorpe?

Would they ready be 'wow' signings though? Hugill had a decent second half of the season but looks overpriced at the level that's being spoken about, I'm not convinced he'd be that much of an upgrade on what we have. Josh Morris has barely played at this level and I'm not sure he's what we need. To be honest anyone genuinely proven at this level will be well out of our price range and anyone else is a punt to varying degrees, I guess it's whether you favour an expensive punt over a less costly one.

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:30 - Jul 23 with 8097 viewschristiand

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:17 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Would they ready be 'wow' signings though? Hugill had a decent second half of the season but looks overpriced at the level that's being spoken about, I'm not convinced he'd be that much of an upgrade on what we have. Josh Morris has barely played at this level and I'm not sure he's what we need. To be honest anyone genuinely proven at this level will be well out of our price range and anyone else is a punt to varying degrees, I guess it's whether you favour an expensive punt over a less costly one.

To be fair Herbivore with all transfers there is the element of risk. Hugill had lots of attributes MM would admire in a player and has shown he is more than good enough for this level. You'd be buying potential in his case too, he's still young. Your view regarding Morris seems a little short-sighted - it's not worth giving lower league players the opportunity in a higher level?! He has torn up league 1 and needs that challenge in the next league up. In both cases, I think many of us would think these were exciting signings and improve our side, perhaps not you though?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:32 - Jul 23 with 8082 viewsITFCBlues

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:03 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

I don't disagree with much of that but think he's probably out of our price range now. No other names of targets come to mind at present, although I'm not sure the striker they'll sign will necessarily be a Murphy-a-like. Garner has been brought in to play that role and some of the other players they've looked at - Samuel, Joe Mason - are different types of striker.

Joe Mason? Not seen that name banded about at all?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:36 - Jul 23 with 8054 viewsKarlNorw

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:03 - Jul 23 by PhilTWTD

Well, lets see....

I believe we need two new strikers- both a Mason type and a Murphy type.... and I actually think MM thinks the same (he's more or less always had 5 strikers available)

And given McG injury record and Morris being to raw....and the transfer window.....

One permanent and one PL striker in on loan (Sam Gallagher?)
Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:37 - Jul 23 with 8040 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:30 - Jul 23 by christiand

To be fair Herbivore with all transfers there is the element of risk. Hugill had lots of attributes MM would admire in a player and has shown he is more than good enough for this level. You'd be buying potential in his case too, he's still young. Your view regarding Morris seems a little short-sighted - it's not worth giving lower league players the opportunity in a higher level?! He has torn up league 1 and needs that challenge in the next league up. In both cases, I think many of us would think these were exciting signings and improve our side, perhaps not you though?

When we were courting Hugill in January nobody seemed all that excited, a few decent months later and there's a clamour to blow £3m or so on him. He's potentially a good player but Preston fans seemed unconvinced about him when we were linked the first time. They'd be interesting rather than exciting signings, age aside I'm not sure Hugill is a hugely better option than Garner and I'd say Celina is very likely a better player than Morris. The only thing I seen in these players that clearly marks them apart from our signings is cost, it's fine to admit you'd like to see a big money signing but if we're going to do that then for me they need to be a clear upgrade on what we have.

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:47 - Jul 23 with 7964 viewschristiand

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:37 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

When we were courting Hugill in January nobody seemed all that excited, a few decent months later and there's a clamour to blow £3m or so on him. He's potentially a good player but Preston fans seemed unconvinced about him when we were linked the first time. They'd be interesting rather than exciting signings, age aside I'm not sure Hugill is a hugely better option than Garner and I'd say Celina is very likely a better player than Morris. The only thing I seen in these players that clearly marks them apart from our signings is cost, it's fine to admit you'd like to see a big money signing but if we're going to do that then for me they need to be a clear upgrade on what we have.

We can all say that about players, look at the comments recently about Murphy's move to Forest by some Ipswich fans. You need to take a calculated risk at times, look at when we signed Marcus Stewart. Not too convinced many of us knew too much about him. Celina is still very much unproven at this level, but Morris has shown enough he'd be able to cope with the step up. We currently have 3 decent options up front, Hugill would improve those. I'm trying to give you realistic options Herbivore, but in your case unless it's Messi or Neymar you're not interested. Who would you 'realistically' suggest?

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:51 - Jul 23 with 7929 viewsHerbivore

Phil: Hugill update!? on 20:47 - Jul 23 by christiand

We can all say that about players, look at the comments recently about Murphy's move to Forest by some Ipswich fans. You need to take a calculated risk at times, look at when we signed Marcus Stewart. Not too convinced many of us knew too much about him. Celina is still very much unproven at this level, but Morris has shown enough he'd be able to cope with the step up. We currently have 3 decent options up front, Hugill would improve those. I'm trying to give you realistic options Herbivore, but in your case unless it's Messi or Neymar you're not interested. Who would you 'realistically' suggest?

Stewart had been one of the best strikers in the league for 2 or 3 years mate, he was genuinely proven at our level. No chance of us signing someone of that ilk these days with prices as they are. As for who I'd go for, I have no idea to be honest. I just feel that sometimes our fans are more concerned by the size of the fee rather than the quality of the player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024