Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few observations from Saturday 17:55 - Aug 28 with 2222 viewsDennyx4

Don't think these have been detailed yet

1) Knudsen's long range passing was exceptional - diagonals to Waghorn mainly, didnt realise he had that in his locker, could be a useful counter attacking weapon.

2) Fulham's short corners - nicely worked by them, keep passing to next man - caught us out two or three times. All we had to do to stop, was to to put Sears up front and drag two defenders back.

3) Fulham's midfield three dominated the game - We desperately needed an extra man in there and needed 3 in central midfield - I can see why we started as we did (keeping a winning team), but believe we should have changed to a 433 at half time.

Few observations from Saturday on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 2134 viewsgmanrom

Should of changed after 20 mins as it was clearly not working and we was getting murdered.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Few observations from Saturday on 20:10 - Aug 28 with 2001 viewspowinswitch

I don't think any of those points are without merit. Would currently hav e significant patience with McCarthy given the injury list he has to deal with. However I do disIke the fact that we bring every man back for corners. So point two has some merit. They did that short corner routine on a number of occasions and made us look like fools.
Few observations from Saturday on 20:20 - Aug 28 with 1984 viewschristiand

I can never understand why manager's want all players back to defend a corner too?! Sears would be better used to chase down any clearances, so not inviting pressure as the defender picks up the loose ball unopposed. As you rightly said Denny, it would make sure another defender was back, they'd never leave Sears one on one. Just seems a no brainer!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 20:23]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Few observations from Saturday on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 1805 viewsGarv

Leaving players up at corners, are you mad?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Few observations from Saturday on 10:19 - Aug 29 with 1593 viewsPilgrimblue

Few observations from Saturday on 20:20 - Aug 28 by christiand

I can never understand why manager's want all players back to defend a corner too?! Sears would be better used to chase down any clearances, so not inviting pressure as the defender picks up the loose ball unopposed. As you rightly said Denny, it would make sure another defender was back, they'd never leave Sears one on one. Just seems a no brainer!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 20:23]

agreed and it isn't as though they have all their players in our box so man for man we should have at least one forward ready for breakaways otherwise the ball comes straight back and invites more pressure.
Getting back to first points, Jonas for me is nailed on left CB. He seems to use the ball much better now and can switch play. Plus his heading and challenges are much better.
MM shouldn't have even thought of playing same formation. Quite apart from their fullbacks having acres of space, their midfield controlled the centre. MM should have started 532 thereby removing the threats down the wings and giving Town a chance to counterattack. MM tactics baffled me, too stubborn until too late!
Another aspect of our play that concerns me is Bart's kicking. Goal/free kicks are just belted high and wide giving our shorter forwards little chance of retaining possession. Plus all the players are bunched up and only once did our player break away to receive ball in loads of space. Their keeper hardly kicked either throwing or passing to his players!! Is it because we have so little confidence in passing and yet in pre-match warm up they're practicing.
Few observations from Saturday on 10:47 - Aug 29 with 1559 viewsBluebell

Few observations from Saturday on 18:22 - Aug 28 by gmanrom

Should of changed after 20 mins as it was clearly not working and we was getting murdered.

Why was this reported as abuse?

The only thing I can see is abuse of the English language!
Few observations from Saturday on 11:04 - Aug 29 with 1514 viewsartsbossbeard

Few observations from Saturday on 10:47 - Aug 29 by Bluebell

Why was this reported as abuse?

The only thing I can see is abuse of the English language!

It's about time someone took a stand on such matters.

Beard Junior sent me the following on Sunday prior to Mrs Beard picking me up from my afternoon dockside session.

we on da way we will be dare in 2 mins

This country.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024