Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Mental Health Day 06:37 - Oct 10 with 3605 viewsTLA

Today is both World Mental Health Day and World Homelessness Day.

If anyone is in Norwich today, pop long to the Birdcage pub, where I'll be doing an event.

In partnership with a few organisations, we're offering free showers, clothes, food, laundry services and haircuts to people who need them. We're also promoting our 12th Man mental health campaign.

In my mind, it's a day to think about people who are having a tough time.
World Mental Health Day on 06:55 - Oct 10 with 3568 viewsSwailsey

All of the above.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

World Mental Health Day on 06:56 - Oct 10 with 3568 viewsBenters

Best of luck with that chap.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

World Mental Health Day on 08:10 - Oct 10 with 3534 viewspeterleeblue

Hope all goes well with the day. A good and worthy cause.

Lets hope no numpties on here start trying to cause bother over mental illness / health.
World Mental Health Day on 08:56 - Oct 10 with 3509 viewsTLA

World Mental Health Day on 06:55 - Oct 10 by Swailsey

All of the above.

Cheers mate.
World Mental Health Day on 08:56 - Oct 10 with 3507 viewsTLA

World Mental Health Day on 06:56 - Oct 10 by Benters

Best of luck with that chap.

Thanks Benters.
World Mental Health Day on 08:57 - Oct 10 with 3504 viewsTLA

World Mental Health Day on 08:10 - Oct 10 by peterleeblue

Hope all goes well with the day. A good and worthy cause.

Lets hope no numpties on here start trying to cause bother over mental illness / health.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I think most people on TWTD are decent folk so I'm sure everything will be well!
World Mental Health Day on 09:22 - Oct 10 with 3482 viewsSteve_M

I've just read this and, as it links to the subject, I'll post it here:

http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/meet-brave-police-officer-using-6

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

World Mental Health Day on 09:31 - Oct 10 with 3475 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just saw this bloke on Sky News talking about this "product"

Very clever marketing. He took dogs abuse yesterday on social media about being up his own arse before revealing today, on World Mental Health Day, that it was part of a campaign by CALM highlighting how so many men bottle up their emotions. Very powerful stuff.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

World Mental Health Day on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 3434 viewsBerlinBlue

Good on you for doing this, hope it goes well.
World Mental Health Day on 10:19 - Oct 10 with 3418 viewsFenboyBlue

I also read today is World Double Booking Event day too.
World Mental Health Day on 10:35 - Oct 10 with 3405 viewsDolly2.0

World Mental Health Day on 09:31 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Just saw this bloke on Sky News talking about this "product"

Very clever marketing. He took dogs abuse yesterday on social media about being up his own arse before revealing today, on World Mental Health Day, that it was part of a campaign by CALM highlighting how so many men bottle up their emotions. Very powerful stuff.

Can't believe he got abuse, it's so obviously a spoof. It's called "L'Eau de Chris" for gawdsakes.

Some people really are thick.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

World Mental Health Day on 17:30 - Oct 10 with 3216 viewsitfcpaul

Well done mate for promoting such an important day for those of us who feel the power that this illness has on sufferers and carers alike

Hope it went well for you

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

World Mental Health Day on 20:02 - Oct 10 with 3149 viewsPaganBlue

Lovely film made today at the Norwich event:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/i-ve-never-felt-like-this-before-city-event-h

Huge well done to TLA and everyone else involved.
World Mental Health Day on 22:25 - Oct 10 with 3100 viewshorsehollerer

Great stuff. Very proud of the way this board has collectively embraced this topic and helped de-stigmatise mental health over the past few months. Some of you work in the field, others have bravely shared their personal battles and those of their loved ones. All of us continue to learn from these posts... not just about society, but about ourselves.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

World Mental Health Day on 07:58 - Oct 11 with 3022 viewsTLA

World Mental Health Day on 22:25 - Oct 10 by horsehollerer

Great stuff. Very proud of the way this board has collectively embraced this topic and helped de-stigmatise mental health over the past few months. Some of you work in the field, others have bravely shared their personal battles and those of their loved ones. All of us continue to learn from these posts... not just about society, but about ourselves.

I've also been very pleasantly surprised at how a football message board has provided space for people to talk about mental health.

When I got in last night, I read on Facebook some very bold claims from William, Harry and Catherine about the huge impact their Heads Together campaign has had. Quite frankly, the massive difference they claim to have made in a few months, didn't seem consistent with conversations I had yesterday. Thats not to say I'm not very pleased that they are passionate about the issue.

There is still a very long way to go to make it OK to be open about mental health in society, but the response on here gives me a great deal of hope!

I'm also imposed that Phil, Gav (and Mark?) stickied this thread without being asked to. Thanks fellas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024