Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United Pub 13:30 - Oct 10 with 8936 viewsJR_ITFC

Best to stick to the City Centre for this one? Grounds easily within walking distance.

Usually go the The Howard before Wednesday games, but never been to Brammall Lane before.

Poll: Will he wear the coat?

Sheffield United Pub on 13:37 - Oct 10 with 7069 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The Lord Nelson on Arundel street is always an interesting experience.. Luckily I went in with some Blades fans and kept quiet throughout.

I walked past a new place just off Matilda street (about 5 minutes from the ground) that looked a bit of me but not had the chance to go in there yet, called the Sentinel

http://www.sentinelbrewing.co/

Anyone been?
Sheffield United Pub on 13:41 - Oct 10 with 7056 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

London Road is fine is in my experience. The one to avoid in Blades Country is the Yorkshire Grey near the station. BBC HQ, or at least it used to be.
Sheffield United Pub on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 7007 viewsJohnhoz

Sheffield United Pub on 13:41 - Oct 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

London Road is fine is in my experience. The one to avoid in Blades Country is the Yorkshire Grey near the station. BBC HQ, or at least it used to be.

The Yorkshire Grey has been a car park since about 2007. Demolished...............

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Sheffield United Pub on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 7004 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 13:57 - Oct 10 by Johnhoz

The Yorkshire Grey has been a car park since about 2007. Demolished...............

Which shows how long it has been since I was last in Sheffield!
Sheffield United Pub on 13:58 - Oct 10 with 7002 viewsHalf_Idiot

Sheffield United Pub on 13:37 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The Lord Nelson on Arundel street is always an interesting experience.. Luckily I went in with some Blades fans and kept quiet throughout.

I walked past a new place just off Matilda street (about 5 minutes from the ground) that looked a bit of me but not had the chance to go in there yet, called the Sentinel

Anyone been?

Not been there yet but heard good things from mates.

Rutland Arms is decent, not sure what it's like on match days though
Sheffield United Pub on 13:59 - Oct 10 with 6988 viewsJohnhoz

Sheffield United Pub on 13:57 - Oct 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Which shows how long it has been since I was last in Sheffield!

I left Sheffield in 1997. Used to use the Yorkshire Grey on Wednesdays on the way to 'Roxy'. Shudder.......................

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/sheffield_s1_yorkshiregrey.html

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Sheffield United Pub on 14:06 - Oct 10 with 6964 viewsitfcbw

There's a couple of wetherspoons within 10 minute walking distance, Sheaf Island is a pretty nice one near waitrose on Eccy Road. I'm not sure if there's an away pub but plenty of pubs around the ground and that end of the city centre. I'm probably going to be doing Nursery Tavern - Champs - Sheaf Island then into the ground for quarter to 3.
Sheffield United Pub on 14:09 - Oct 10 with 6954 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 14:06 - Oct 10 by itfcbw

There's a couple of wetherspoons within 10 minute walking distance, Sheaf Island is a pretty nice one near waitrose on Eccy Road. I'm not sure if there's an away pub but plenty of pubs around the ground and that end of the city centre. I'm probably going to be doing Nursery Tavern - Champs - Sheaf Island then into the ground for quarter to 3.

Eccy Road TWTD!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United Pub on 14:10 - Oct 10 with 6949 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 13:59 - Oct 10 by Johnhoz

I left Sheffield in 1997. Used to use the Yorkshire Grey on Wednesdays on the way to 'Roxy'. Shudder.......................

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/sheffield_s1_yorkshiregrey.html

I am obviously younger then 2004- 2007 uni for me
Sheffield United Pub on 14:36 - Oct 10 with 6906 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Sheffield United Pub on 14:06 - Oct 10 by itfcbw

Fond memories of Tav, champs, pomona, botanical, sheaf island before heading into DQ or Corp when I was a student. In fact the pub that used to be opposite sheaf island (next to Shell) was a real throwback.. Though wasn't surprised when I went back and saw it had been levelled and flats built on it.

I would also strongly recommend the 'Beer Engine' next to Waitrose at the top of London Road, a great little boozer with some fantastic beers that we stumbled upon a year or so ago on a trip back to the old stomping ground http://www.beerenginesheffield.com/
Sheffield United Pub on 14:50 - Oct 10 with 6881 viewskizaitfc

Sheffield United Pub on 14:36 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Fond memories of Tav, champs, pomona, botanical, sheaf island before heading into DQ or Corp when I was a student. In fact the pub that used to be opposite sheaf island (next to Shell) was a real throwback.. Though wasn't surprised when I went back and saw it had been levelled and flats built on it.

I would also strongly recommend the 'Beer Engine' next to Waitrose at the top of London Road, a great little boozer with some fantastic beers that we stumbled upon a year or so ago on a trip back to the old stomping ground http://www.beerenginesheffield.com/

Have to get your Corp shoes ready.

Disgusting place yet never have a bad night there!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sheffield United Pub on 14:51 - Oct 10 with 6878 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 14:36 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

And Varsity! God was everyone on here a student in Sheffield.

Fun times.
Sheffield United Pub on 15:00 - Oct 10 with 6872 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sheffield United Pub on 13:37 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Anyone been?

I spent Christmas Day in the Lord Nelson in 2012, I went on my own and ended up pulling a widow twice my age.

Poll: Best Football Song

Sheffield United Pub on 15:02 - Oct 10 with 6862 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 15:00 - Oct 10 by RoyKeanesDog

I spent Christmas Day in the Lord Nelson in 2012, I went on my own and ended up pulling a widow twice my age.

Sicko
Sheffield United Pub on 15:03 - Oct 10 with 6860 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Sheffield United Pub on 14:50 - Oct 10 by kizaitfc

Have to get your Corp shoes ready.

Disgusting place yet never have a bad night there!

Though I was horrified when I found out that they no longer sold Quad Vods. And even before they stopped selling them a couple of years ago they'd increased the price to £2!!

I even went in there in my wellies once (part of a fancy dress) and still went flying down the metal stair case which was always like some sort of oil slick.. Though the rest of the floor was felt like it was covered in glue, given how sticky it was.
Sheffield United Pub on 15:04 - Oct 10 with 6857 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sheffield United Pub on 15:02 - Oct 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sicko

It was harrowing.

Sheffield United Pub on 15:07 - Oct 10 with 6848 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sheffield United Pub on 15:04 - Oct 10 by RoyKeanesDog

It was harrowing.

I can only imagine the type of 40+ female who was in a pub on her own on Christmas day, especially anywhere north of Cambridge.
Sheffield United Pub on 15:08 - Oct 10 with 6841 viewskizaitfc

Sheffield United Pub on 15:03 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Though I was horrified when I found out that they no longer sold Quad Vods. And even before they stopped selling them a couple of years ago they'd increased the price to £2!!

I even went in there in my wellies once (part of a fancy dress) and still went flying down the metal stair case which was always like some sort of oil slick.. Though the rest of the floor was felt like it was covered in glue, given how sticky it was.

They better still do the rainbow challenge. The amount of strangers I took out flying down thoughs stairs was unbelievable.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sheffield United Pub on 15:09 - Oct 10 with 6837 viewskizaitfc

There's a brewery by Bramall Lane called the Sentinel brewery , very nice beers and they allow away fans in I believe

Sheffield United Pub on 15:10 - Oct 10 with 6837 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sheffield United Pub on 15:07 - Oct 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I can only imagine the type of 40+ female who was in a pub on her own on Christmas day, especially anywhere north of Cambridge.

There were 3 couples in there, including the landlord/landlordette, plus her.

When I walked in it was as if they've been open on Christmas Day the last 10 years but nobody else has ever gone in.

It's not even the weirdest Christmas Day I've ever had.

Sheffield United Pub on 15:13 - Oct 10 with 6825 viewsHalf_Idiot

Sheffield United Pub on 15:03 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Went in recently for the first time in a couple of years to find out not only had they stopped doing quad vods, but they no longer had irn-bru on tap! It was so disappointing! Still got ruined though
Sheffield United Pub on 15:15 - Oct 10 with 6814 viewskizaitfc

Sheffield United Pub on 15:13 - Oct 10 by Half_Idiot

Went in recently for the first time in a couple of years to find out not only had they stopped doing quad vods, but they no longer had irn-bru on tap! It was so disappointing! Still got ruined though

The morning aftertaste of those Irn bru quad vods makes me feel sick even now

Sheffield United Pub on 15:18 - Oct 10 with 6808 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sheffield United Pub on 15:15 - Oct 10 by kizaitfc

The morning aftertaste of those Irn bru quad vods makes me feel sick even now

You could go in there and get bladdered on a tenner. Awful, amazing place.

Sheffield United Pub on 15:40 - Oct 10 with 6774 viewsHalf_Idiot

Sheffield United Pub on 15:18 - Oct 10 by RoyKeanesDog

You could go in there and get bladdered on a tenner. Awful, amazing place.

I would regularly end up propped up by the lamppost over the road at the end of the night with no recollection of how I got there
Sheffield United Pub on 16:37 - Oct 10 with 6703 viewsSW6Tractor

Sheffield United Pub on 14:51 - Oct 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

And Varsity! God was everyone on here a student in Sheffield.

Fun times.

Yep
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024