Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! 16:37 - Oct 17 with 33339 viewsBergholtBru

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/education/forest-gate-primary-school-apolog

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:57 - Oct 17 with 4254 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:56 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

He's always someone's junior in a double act.

I don't get it?

He's not able to step up and inspire leadership I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:58 - Oct 17 with 4251 viewsDanTheMan

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

I think they would be better off teaching the kids proper history, Battle of Agincourt, Waterloo etc and how the British Empire civilised the world. Next thing they`ll be making white kids apologise to their black counterparts for the slave trade.

"how the British Empire civilised the world"

No.

No no no.

Someone needs a history lesson.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:59 - Oct 17 with 4246 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:58 - Oct 17 by DanTheMan

No.

No no no.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:59 - Oct 17 with 4244 viewsDarth_Koont

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:47 - Oct 17 by Benters

Sadly the days of teaching children to have pride in one's country has gone Brother.

I'll wager that the people who talk about having pride in their country are among those who know least about their country or its history. That's the thing about knowing stuff — you get perspective and nuance and words like "pride" don't really do the job.

Is there anything you think we shouldn't be proud of? And if so, shouldn't we teach that too?

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:02 - Oct 17 with 4228 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:59 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

I'll wager that the people who talk about having pride in their country are among those who know least about their country or its history. That's the thing about knowing stuff — you get perspective and nuance and words like "pride" don't really do the job.

Is there anything you think we shouldn't be proud of? And if so, shouldn't we teach that too?

Nah just the good stuff innit. When designing a syllabus, a teacher should think, "Would this moment in history make it into a Top Gun style montage of Britain's greatest achievements?" If not, it never happened. It. Never. Happened.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 4224 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:58 - Oct 17 by DanTheMan

No.

No no no.

Sorry, but do you actually think I`m being serious?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 4218 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

It is rather hard to tell, what with some of the stuff you come out with.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:05 - Oct 17 with 4208 viewsDanTheMan

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

It is rather hard to tell, what with some of the stuff you come out with.

^ what he said.

It's also not an uncommon view.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:05]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 4204 viewsBenters

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:59 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

You cant change history .

Its the mark of a Corbyn supporter hating one's country,sadly this forum is rife with them.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:07 - Oct 17 with 4196 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:03 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Yes.

You read The Daily Express.
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:08 - Oct 17 with 4187 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:06 - Oct 17 by Benters

Its the mark of a Corbyn supporter hating one's country,sadly this forum is rife with them.

Oh Benters. Who told you that?
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:13 - Oct 17 with 4181 viewsartsbossbeard

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:06 - Oct 17 by Benters

It's not hate, Benters.

We've got a lot to be proud of as a nation, sadly our less "civilised" actions tend to get glossed over in History class 101.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:15 - Oct 17 with 4176 viewsBergholtBru

The British Empire served one thing, The British Empire. However I`ve no doubt that the World learned things from the British Empire and The British Empire learned things from the World.
Incidentally, you implied earlier that a ban was in order, am I right. Please advise what I said that was banable and also what enjoyment you would get from a forum where everyone shared your point of view, which is, is it not, what you wish for?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:18 - Oct 17 with 4160 viewsSwailsey

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:29 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Please do.
It is divisive, in that it may creat hostility between black and white children
It is misleading, in that it suggests that only black people have ever been enslaved.
It suggests that there are two paths of history, black and white, whereas in reality there is only one path of history and the two are completely mixed.
In effect, it is racist.

Ah, you're on a wind up! I see.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:18 - Oct 17 with 4160 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:15 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

The British Empire served one thing, The British Empire. However I`ve no doubt that the World learned things from the British Empire and The British Empire learned things from the World.
Incidentally, you implied earlier that a ban was in order, am I right. Please advise what I said that was banable and also what enjoyment you would get from a forum where everyone shared your point of view, which is, is it not, what you wish for?

It would be more for persistent fouling rather than a one-off, Duncan Ferguson headbutt style explosion incident.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:21 - Oct 17 with 4152 viewsSpruceMoose

Feel free to become a regular on the Daily Mail comments section, you might feel more at home there, especially as you seem to hate the majority on here!

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:24 - Oct 17 with 4136 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:07 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

Yes.

You read The Daily Express.

Only the sport pages.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:26 - Oct 17 with 4124 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:18 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

It would be more for persistent fouling rather than a one-off, Duncan Ferguson headbutt style explosion incident.

Then surely you sir are equally guilty?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:27 - Oct 17 with 4116 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:26 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Then surely you sir are equally guilty?

No way. If posters were footballers, I'm a Pirlo to your Batty.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:28 - Oct 17 with 4112 viewsimsureazzure

I think the teachers are missing their targets by miles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/history-channel-poll-britain-no-wonder-we-vo
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:29 - Oct 17 with 4108 viewsDarth_Koont

Shame but no surprise that you didn't even attempt to answer the questions.

And your last line isn't accurate in any respect.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:30 - Oct 17 with 4100 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:28 - Oct 17 by imsureazzure

I think the teachers are missing their targets by miles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/history-channel-poll-britain-no-wonder-we-vo

Did you find a source for your Arctic ice claims yet?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:30 - Oct 17 with 4095 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:24 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Only the sport pages.

Oh BB you're telling fibs again.

There are some on here that really need to read this article!! by BergholtBru 16 Sep 2017 9:51
http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/854869/labour-party-bully-politics-school-pupils-tories

Those who preach tolerance are the least tolerant of all. Oh, and this article appeared in the Daily Express, but please no drivel from Guardian reading newspaper snobs!!!

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:31 - Oct 17 with 4092 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:30 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

Oh BB you're telling fibs again.

There are some on here that really need to read this article!! by BergholtBru 16 Sep 2017 9:51
http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/854869/labour-party-bully-politics-school-pupils-tories

Those who preach tolerance are the least tolerant of all. Oh, and this article appeared in the Daily Express, but please no drivel from Guardian reading newspaper snobs!!!

Arf!

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:33 - Oct 17 with 4075 viewsBergholtBru

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 18:31 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Arf!

And yet, going back to the origional post, why did the school headteacher issue an apology?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024