Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight 21:06 - Nov 12 with 2610 viewsSteve_M

Looks like it might be interesting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09g0gzk

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 21:08 - Nov 12 with 2606 viewssolemio

Thanks. I've set it to record.
Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 21:35 - Nov 12 with 2584 viewsfactual_blue

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 21:08 - Nov 12 by solemio

Thanks. I've set it to record.

If you forget you've recorded it, time to turn start worrying.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 22:37 - Nov 12 with 2536 viewsEireannach_gorm

Kevin Doyle on his decision to retire from football after his concussion diagnosis on RTE Late Late Show.

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:44 - Nov 13 with 2485 viewsconnorscontract

It was decent, without being fully conclusive because not enough research has been done.

It would have been better as a standard documentary without Shearer, in my opinion, with a narration. Some of the interviews when he had to adopt a caring attitude as people poured out their hearts to him were amusingly cringeworthy.
Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:47 - Nov 13 with 2484 viewsfactual_blue

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:44 - Nov 13 by connorscontract

It was decent, without being fully conclusive because not enough research has been done.

It would have been better as a standard documentary without Shearer, in my opinion, with a narration. Some of the interviews when he had to adopt a caring attitude as people poured out their hearts to him were amusingly cringeworthy.

He was appalling. I gave up half way through. He looked bored most of the time and clearly didn't understand some of the longer words.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:55 - Nov 13 with 2479 viewsvapour_trail

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:44 - Nov 13 by connorscontract

I thought it was ill conceived. Nothing to take from it at the end that wasn't available before the start.

All that said, I was watching my boy play in an U7 tourno yesterday, there's this kid in one of the local teams already tied into arsenal, and he puts his head on everything. Must have had it trained into him. Made me wince a couple of times.

I've done a bit of work around the neuro damage that babies can endure from being shaken, how the brain wobbles against the skull, and causes damage. That's all evidenced. There really should be some quality research into the impact on kids brains in sport.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 01:21 - Nov 13 with 2469 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:55 - Nov 13 by vapour_trail

I thought it was ill conceived. Nothing to take from it at the end that wasn't available before the start.

All that said, I was watching my boy play in an U7 tourno yesterday, there's this kid in one of the local teams already tied into arsenal, and he puts his head on everything. Must have had it trained into him. Made me wince a couple of times.

I've done a bit of work around the neuro damage that babies can endure from being shaken, how the brain wobbles against the skull, and causes damage. That's all evidenced. There really should be some quality research into the impact on kids brains in sport.

Both my kids played 'soccer' this autumn for their school - no heading allowed in elementary school over here in Maine. That's up to 6th grade, so up to start of our high school. If a kid forgets and accidentally heads it's a free kicks to the opposition.

Not sure if it's a national or state thing, but seems a sensible precaution until more is known.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 02:00 - Nov 13 with 2449 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 00:55 - Nov 13 by vapour_trail

Side impact is what does the damage. There’s a lot more cushioning at the front and back of the brain.
Login to get fewer ads

Shearer's documentary on football and dementia at 10:30 tonight on 07:33 - Nov 13 with 2373 viewsSteve_M

I didn't bother staying up so I've recorded it. Will have a watch tonight, although sounds like I'll find it irritating too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024