Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Children in Need 18:47 - Nov 17 with 20949 viewsgtsb1966

Does anyone listen to radio 2 in the mornings. They had appeals from children who benefit from this event. You couldn't help but listen with a lump in your throat. Life can be so cruel. Their enthusiasm and determination was a lesson to us all. Made me realise I've got nothing to complain about.
Children in Need on 22:08 - Nov 17 with 3541 viewsgtsb1966

Children in Need on 22:01 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

Most of those caught are given an administrative penalty rather than prosecuted, so what happens to them is 'invisible'. If they are falsely claiming benefits relayed to ill health or disability, they will be disqualified from that benefit, and have to claim the much lower benefits for unemployment. That brings into play possible sanctions for not actively seeking work.

They will also have to repay any overpaid benefits, usually by deductions from future benefits.

Around 8000 of the most serious cases a year are prosecuted. More aren't prosecuted because of the cost of doing so.

https://www.gov.uk/national-benefit-fraud-hotline
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 22:09]

Perhaps they havent come to Sudbury then. I'll revise my judgement until they've had time to evaluate the lazy barstewards.
Children in Need on 22:11 - Nov 17 with 3529 viewsfactual_blue

Children in Need on 22:08 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Perhaps they havent come to Sudbury then. I'll revise my judgement until they've had time to evaluate the lazy barstewards.

Report those you know or believe to be falsely claiming. I've given you the hot line details.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 22:13 - Nov 17 with 3519 views_

Children in Need on 21:45 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Workshy....people who feign illness to gain benefits. Just in case you're wondering I'm 51, voted Labour for most of my life, but see nothing from anyone to end this plague. Too many lazy barstewards exploiting too many loopholes.

Children in Need on 22:18 - Nov 17 with 3504 viewsEly_Blue

on 22:06 - Nov 17 by _

Just speaking honestly and telling the truth, if you had the opportunity to legally avoid paying some of your 50% tax wouldn’t you? Be honest here!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

on 22:19 - Nov 17 with 3495 views_

Children in Need on 22:18 - Nov 17 by Ely_Blue

Just speaking honestly and telling the truth, if you had the opportunity to legally avoid paying some of your 50% tax wouldn’t you? Be honest here!

Children in Need on 22:20 - Nov 17 with 3499 viewsgtsb1966

Children in Need on 22:11 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

Report those you know or believe to be falsely claiming. I've given you the hot line details.

I don't need it. Im a labour voter ( most of my life) and can see that there are many, not a few,but many people on benefits who claim through illnesses that they cannot work but are just lazy. Unfortunately this despicable government are targeting the vulnerable and not those I'm speaking about. Unfortunately the Labour party still have their heads buried in the sand.
on 22:21 - Nov 17 with 3487 views_

Children in Need on 22:20 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

I don't need it. Im a labour voter ( most of my life) and can see that there are many, not a few,but many people on benefits who claim through illnesses that they cannot work but are just lazy. Unfortunately this despicable government are targeting the vulnerable and not those I'm speaking about. Unfortunately the Labour party still have their heads buried in the sand.

Children in Need on 22:24 - Nov 17 with 3484 viewsgtsb1966

on 22:21 - Nov 17 by _

Can you not accept there are thousands of frauds out there.
Login to get fewer ads

on 22:25 - Nov 17 with 3477 views_

Children in Need on 22:24 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Can you not accept there are thousands of frauds out there.

Children in Need on 22:27 - Nov 17 with 3479 viewsfactual_blue

Children in Need on 22:20 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

I'm unclear: do you actually know of people who aren't ill who are claiming benefits on the basis that they are ill? If you do, why won't you report it?

Children in Need on 22:33 - Nov 17 with 3468 viewsgtsb1966

on 22:25 - Nov 17 by _

Used to be back ache, now it's stress. You know it , I know it, the whole world knows it.
on 22:34 - Nov 17 with 3461 views_

Children in Need on 22:33 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Used to be back ache, now it's stress. You know it , I know it, the whole world knows it.

on 22:35 - Nov 17 with 3459 views_

Children in Need on 22:27 - Nov 17 by factual_blue

I'm unclear: do you actually know of people who aren't ill who are claiming benefits on the basis that they are ill? If you do, why won't you report it?

Children in Need on 22:38 - Nov 17 with 3450 viewsgtsb1966

on 22:35 - Nov 17 by _

So will you not accept there are thousands exploiting the benefits system with false or over exaggerated illnesses.
on 22:39 - Nov 17 with 3439 views_

Children in Need on 22:38 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

So will you not accept there are thousands exploiting the benefits system with false or over exaggerated illnesses.

Children in Need on 22:43 - Nov 17 with 3429 viewsfactual_blue

The last DWP figures calculate loss due to fraud and error as 1.9% of total benefit expenditure.

Again if you know of people committing fraud, report them. You can do so anonymously.

Children in Need on 22:45 - Nov 17 with 3425 viewsgtsb1966

on 22:39 - Nov 17 by _

And there are loads more. You OK with her?
Children in Need on 22:45 - Nov 17 with 3419 viewsBlueBadger

Children in Need on 21:32 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Stop...benefits for the work shy. Increase....health.

Well, cutting benefits spending would be one way to ensure that health spending went up. Mainly because more people would be ill from malnutrition, chest complaints and massively exacerbated mental health problems due to pointless stress caused by vindictive turds cutting their money.

And frankly, nobody posting on here has any right to call anyone else 'workshy'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Children in Need on 22:46 - Nov 17 with 3418 viewsBlueBadger

Children in Need on 21:45 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

Workshy....people who feign illness to gain benefits. Just in case you're wondering I'm 51, voted Labour for most of my life, but see nothing from anyone to end this plague. Too many lazy barstewards exploiting too many loopholes.

Or, as it's known 'less than 2% of people currently claiming sickness benefit'.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 22:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

on 22:46 - Nov 17 with 3414 views_

Children in Need on 22:45 - Nov 17 by gtsb1966

And there are loads more. You OK with her?

Children in Need on 22:49 - Nov 17 with 3403 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have you been living in a bubble Libby? Benefit cheats are caught and prosecuted all the time. Just do a trawl through news pages. No idea how big the problem is mind, but I suspect those who are caught are not the sum total.

*But* the system should be geared to those who need it, not designed to hinder frauds at the cost of genuine claimants. I've no experience personally, but hear enough grumblings via colleagues and extended family that suggest things are not right under the current Govt.

There's some shocking stories published in the press too. You have to recognise that these are not the bigger picture, but nonetheless people's lives are being ruined when the system fails.

I don't know what I'm trying to say really! Other than of course there are frauds - lots of court cases prove that. But yes, agree with you that the effect of a bad system is massive on those affected.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Children in Need on 22:50 - Nov 17 with 3403 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, the University Of Life. Purveyors of the finest degrees in 'Stuff This Bloke Down The Pub Told Me' in the world.

Children in Need on 22:51 - Nov 17 with 3397 viewsStNeotsBlue

I'm a card carrying Labour voter, but it is as daft to suggest that nobody is abusing the system as it is to suggest that everyone who claims benefits is.
on 22:53 - Nov 17 with 3389 views_

Children in Need on 22:51 - Nov 17 by StNeotsBlue

I'm a card carrying Labour voter, but it is as daft to suggest that nobody is abusing the system as it is to suggest that everyone who claims benefits is.

Children in Need on 22:54 - Nov 17 with 3390 viewsBlueBadger

Children in Need on 22:51 - Nov 17 by StNeotsBlue

The numbers are vanishing small with regards to the budget as a whole. As Facters points out, it's currently estimated that the fraud and error spend on the DWP budget is 1.9%. The current assessments scheme is currently enormously flawed with 65% of appeals against sanction or disability assessment successful. That's an enormous waste, right there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024