Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local football reporters 17:04 - Nov 25 with 3006 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

These local football reporters who come on Radio Suffolk post Town game to report on Leiston etc are truly awful. You can’t understand them and who actually wants to listen to the local game reports? Surely if you’re interested you’d go?

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Local football reporters on 17:55 - Nov 25 with 2923 viewseastwell_blue

I made the very same point about 9 years ago and was hounded out - must support local football, it's what local radio is all about etc etc
So have kept quiet about it...until today
on 17:56 - Nov 25 with 2920 views_

Local football reporters on 21:12 - Nov 25 with 2855 viewsbournemouthblue

Local football reporters on 17:55 - Nov 25 by eastwell_blue

I made the very same point about 9 years ago and was hounded out - must support local football, it's what local radio is all about etc etc
So have kept quiet about it...until today

When did it come in, they haven't always done it?

I can understand some of the sides on the cusp of professional football but some of the teams mentioned are several divisions below that

It seems a bit overkill?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Local football reporters on 21:49 - Nov 25 with 2826 viewsronnyd

Local football reporters on 21:12 - Nov 25 by bournemouthblue

I can understand some of the sides on the cusp of professional football but some of the teams mentioned are several divisions below that

It seems a bit overkill?

The clue is in the name of the station. Radio Suffolk?
Local football reporters on 01:23 - Nov 26 with 2759 viewsTractorboy24

I enjoy the local round up on Suffolk, was able to freak out a lad I knew playing for Thetford Town after hearing they’d got beat at Whitton United a few years ago. They only spend a couple of minutes on games below the Isthmian level, so it can’t be that annoying, most will be paying attention to Town but will have a passing interest in the local sides.
Local football reporters on 16:27 - Nov 26 with 2648 viewsmadmouse1959

It is bad enough listening to the Micky Mills Show for 90 minutes.

shampoo dave

Local football reporters on 17:14 - Nov 26 with 2603 viewsJ2BLUE

What an odd thread. I have no interest in it either but asking why Radio Suffolk covers other Suffolk clubs is odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Local football reporters on 17:17 - Nov 26 with 2595 viewsnoggin

Local football reporters on 21:12 - Nov 25 by bournemouthblue

It seems a bit overkill?

I remember Radio Orwell doing it 40 years ago.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Local football reporters on 18:24 - Nov 26 with 2552 viewsMelford

Local football reporters on 17:14 - Nov 26 by J2BLUE

What an odd thread. I have no interest in it either but asking why Radio Suffolk covers other Suffolk clubs is odd.

I don't get it. It's Radio Suffolk, not Radio Ipswich Town. Their remit it is to cover sport across the county, Radio Suffolk sports show includes sports reports from Suffolk shocker. Regarding the quality of the reports I don't get it either, it's local football, you aren't going to get Martin Tyler down at Leiston, you're getting a bloke who probably doesn't get paid to do it. If people want Premier League and a big football round up there's Talksport or 5 Live.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Local football reporters on 18:50 - Nov 26 with 2512 viewsbournemouthblue

Local football reporters on 18:24 - Nov 26 by Melford

I don't get it. It's Radio Suffolk, not Radio Ipswich Town. Their remit it is to cover sport across the county, Radio Suffolk sports show includes sports reports from Suffolk shocker. Regarding the quality of the reports I don't get it either, it's local football, you aren't going to get Martin Tyler down at Leiston, you're getting a bloke who probably doesn't get paid to do it. If people want Premier League and a big football round up there's Talksport or 5 Live.

In comparison with say Cricket

They only cover the club's in the very top league, they don't cover all the local teams down to Division Five

Do they even cover Suffolk Cricket games?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

on 18:52 - Nov 26 with 2511 views_

Local football reporters on 18:50 - Nov 26 by bournemouthblue

In comparison with say Cricket

They only cover the club's in the very top league, they don't cover all the local teams down to Division Five

Do they even cover Suffolk Cricket games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024