Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town will never get promoted until Evans 22:22 - Nov 25 with 7644 viewsArnieM

Gives his manager ( whoever that may be), some funds to sort the bloody defence out. We are simply shyte at the back. End of.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 22:25]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 22:29 - Nov 25 with 5227 viewsBluefish

We will probably never get promoted (unless we get relegated). We would have to spend obscene sums to get out Of this league without a freak season.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 22:37 - Nov 25 with 5207 viewsArnieM

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 22:29 - Nov 25 by Bluefish

We will probably never get promoted (unless we get relegated). We would have to spend obscene sums to get out Of this league without a freak season.

If all player in the squad were fit , I think our midfield and strikers are pretty decent. The problem we have , and this has been the case for a number of years IMO, is out defence. It is slow, there is no one pushing the current back four for their places, and the RB and LB positions are weak. Chambers is a good captain , but his time as an automatic first choice CB has passed I think.

We need to build the defence around Webster ( assuming Evans doesn't cash in on him). Smith isn't good enough IMO to be his partner. He is too one dimensional and isn't comfortable on the ball , and often gets caught out because he always allows the ball to bounce before trying to deal with it.

For me , we need CB, and RB urgently . But Evans is never going to give McCarthy any money in January , since it is almost certain he will be gone in the summer. I also think Moore has been brought back to the Club to sell t the highest bidder - FINE if this money is given to MM? But it won't be .

Very frustrating as we have almost am decent tea, but the dance is definitely the weakest part of the eleven now .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 07:36 - Nov 26 with 5104 viewschristiand

Imagine John Terry partnering Webster or Smith? He would make a huge difference due to his experience and his leadership skills. Naturally, we couldn’t afford him, but that’s the type of player needed to improve us defensively.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 07:50 - Nov 26 with 5087 viewstrncbluearmy

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 07:36 - Nov 26 by christiand

Imagine John Terry partnering Webster or Smith? He would make a huge difference due to his experience and his leadership skills. Naturally, we couldn’t afford him, but that’s the type of player needed to improve us defensively.

We could afford him if Evans wanted to come up with the cash.

This is the frustrating thing, he puts in just enough to tick over, he achieves nothing, the support becomes bored and ampathic with HIS club and ITFC die.

There is just no point to it.

Either he funds properly or he sods off.
Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:00 - Nov 26 with 5056 viewsBenters

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 07:50 - Nov 26 by trncbluearmy

This is the frustrating thing, he puts in just enough to tick over, he achieves nothing, the support becomes bored and ampathic with HIS club and ITFC die.

Amen to that ive been saying it for ages.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:03 - Nov 26 with 5059 viewschristiand

Couldn’t agree more. It’s like ME’s happy that we are mediocre. His branding is all over us and he’s content with us just surviving. Where is his ambition?!

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:06 - Nov 26 with 5044 viewsBenters

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:03 - Nov 26 by christiand

Couldn’t agree more. It’s like ME’s happy that we are mediocre. His branding is all over us and he’s content with us just surviving. Where is his ambition?!

I bet someone will say buy the club in a mo.

Gentlybentley

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:08 - Nov 26 with 5043 viewsBluefish

Yet again we are left pointing out that sodding off could mean closing the club down. Do you really thinknthere is a queue of people desperate to lose the sums that you are demanding each year?

Login to get fewer ads

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:11 - Nov 26 with 5038 viewschristiand

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:08 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

Yet again we are left pointing out that sodding off could mean closing the club down. Do you really thinknthere is a queue of people desperate to lose the sums that you are demanding each year?

If ME doesn’t want it, do something about it. So he’s happy spending good money after bad?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:18 - Nov 26 with 5017 viewsBluefish

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:11 - Nov 26 by christiand

If ME doesn’t want it, do something about it. So he’s happy spending good money after bad?

As I said the alternative might be to close the club down. The fans are saying evans should leave because the money he is putting in annually isn't enough, this implies the next owner needs to stick a lot more in, do you think there is a queue of people wanting to lose those sums? Evans ticks us over or winds the club up, which would you prefer?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:19 - Nov 26 with 5020 viewsjeera

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 22:37 - Nov 25 by ArnieM

If all player in the squad were fit , I think our midfield and strikers are pretty decent. The problem we have , and this has been the case for a number of years IMO, is out defence. It is slow, there is no one pushing the current back four for their places, and the RB and LB positions are weak. Chambers is a good captain , but his time as an automatic first choice CB has passed I think.

We need to build the defence around Webster ( assuming Evans doesn't cash in on him). Smith isn't good enough IMO to be his partner. He is too one dimensional and isn't comfortable on the ball , and often gets caught out because he always allows the ball to bounce before trying to deal with it.

For me , we need CB, and RB urgently . But Evans is never going to give McCarthy any money in January , since it is almost certain he will be gone in the summer. I also think Moore has been brought back to the Club to sell t the highest bidder - FINE if this money is given to MM? But it won't be .

Very frustrating as we have almost am decent tea, but the dance is definitely the weakest part of the eleven now .

The cha cha?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:21 - Nov 26 with 5012 viewsGiveusaWave

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 07:36 - Nov 26 by christiand

Aden Flint is the player I'd bring in...but when we examine the stats is a sobering picture. Assists and goals are basically being scored or created by the same players week after week. Other players need to start getting in on the action.

Goals:
Waghorn 9
McGoldrick 6
Garner 5
Celina 5
Spence 3
(It doesn't say on the overall stats who the other 2 goals were scored by)
Assists:
Knudsen 5
Ward 5
Spence 3
McGoldrick 3
Garner 2

When you look at our OBJECTIVE statistics related to players (based on pass completion, creativity, miles run, aerials won, tackles won etc) Only 6 of our players rate above 7

Garner 7.36
Spence 7.16
Knudsen 7.15
Webster 7.10
Waghorn 7.07
McGoldrick 7.05

(Though the much maligned Skuse is in 7th place...with 6.95).

We only create 10.7 shots per game also. Compare that with Aston Villa (12.6j, Barnsley (13.5j, Bolton (11.2j Brentford (17.9). To cut a long story short, the only team less creative than us is Burton.

We also have very poor possession stats.
47.8 with 65% pass completion as a team. Birmingham, Bolton and Millwall have lesser possession stats. In terms of pass completion; Bolton, Burton and Millwall are lower.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:27 - Nov 26 with 4991 viewsartsbossbeard

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:21 - Nov 26 by GiveusaWave

Aden Flint is the player I'd bring in...but when we examine the stats is a sobering picture. Assists and goals are basically being scored or created by the same players week after week. Other players need to start getting in on the action.

Goals:
Waghorn 9
McGoldrick 6
Garner 5
Celina 5
Spence 3
(It doesn't say on the overall stats who the other 2 goals were scored by)
Assists:
Knudsen 5
Ward 5
Spence 3
McGoldrick 3
Garner 2

When you look at our OBJECTIVE statistics related to players (based on pass completion, creativity, miles run, aerials won, tackles won etc) Only 6 of our players rate above 7

Garner 7.36
Spence 7.16
Knudsen 7.15
Webster 7.10
Waghorn 7.07
McGoldrick 7.05

(Though the much maligned Skuse is in 7th place...with 6.95).

We only create 10.7 shots per game also. Compare that with Aston Villa (12.6j, Barnsley (13.5j, Bolton (11.2j Brentford (17.9). To cut a long story short, the only team less creative than us is Burton.

We also have very poor possession stats.
47.8 with 65% pass completion as a team. Birmingham, Bolton and Millwall have lesser possession stats. In terms of pass completion; Bolton, Burton and Millwall are lower.

If only football was played on an excel spreadsheet.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:32 - Nov 26 with 4973 viewsartsbossbeard

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:06 - Nov 26 by Benters

I bet someone will say buy the club in a mo.

It's a fair statement though.

I'd much prefer an owner who pumps Brewsters Millions into the club but until we're purchased by some zany Russian then dear old Marcus picks up the slack. Let's not forget that it's his money to spend and our thoughts on how he should spend HIS money are largely irrelevant.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:46 - Nov 26 with 4930 viewschristiand

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:18 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

As I said the alternative might be to close the club down. The fans are saying evans should leave because the money he is putting in annually isn't enough, this implies the next owner needs to stick a lot more in, do you think there is a queue of people wanting to lose those sums? Evans ticks us over or winds the club up, which would you prefer?

No one really knows the answer to that apart from ME himself. There 'could' be potential investors interested, so the options may not just be the two options you suggest Truce. I would like someone particularly ME to come out and say what his true intentions are. He hides behind his cronies and lets them take the brunt of resentment, but why doesn't he grow a pair and actually address the media and say what is really going on and the long term future for our club? Be honest and say he is only prepared to invest the bare minimum or he is looking to sell. At least then we all know where we stand. Currently, it us all second guessing - you with your opinion Truce and I have my own interpretation.

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:46 - Nov 26 with 4928 viewsBenters

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:32 - Nov 26 by artsbossbeard

It's a fair statement though.

I'd much prefer an owner who pumps Brewsters Millions into the club but until we're purchased by some zany Russian then dear old Marcus picks up the slack. Let's not forget that it's his money to spend and our thoughts on how he should spend HIS money are largely irrelevant.

I get that,but i always think he is piss bored of it all now.

Gentlybentley

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:50 - Nov 26 with 4918 viewsartsbossbeard

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:46 - Nov 26 by christiand

No one really knows the answer to that apart from ME himself. There 'could' be potential investors interested, so the options may not just be the two options you suggest Truce. I would like someone particularly ME to come out and say what his true intentions are. He hides behind his cronies and lets them take the brunt of resentment, but why doesn't he grow a pair and actually address the media and say what is really going on and the long term future for our club? Be honest and say he is only prepared to invest the bare minimum or he is looking to sell. At least then we all know where we stand. Currently, it us all second guessing - you with your opinion Truce and I have my own interpretation.

I've said this before on here but I've had it from very good authority that ME offered the club up for sale around 18 months ago. No interest, no takers.

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:50 - Nov 26 with 4908 viewsBluefish

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:46 - Nov 26 by christiand

There could be but surely it is unlikely, ME seems to have had enough of playing the risky way, it seems likely that if he found a way out he would take it. It also seems extremely unlikely that anyone would want to buy us when we demand they must lose vast sums of money annually.

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:54 - Nov 26 with 4894 viewsBluefish

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:50 - Nov 26 by artsbossbeard

I've said this before on here but I've had it from very good authority that ME offered the club up for sale around 18 months ago. No interest, no takers.

I think he would struggle to give it away for nothing and I expect he wouldnt want to do that understandably

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:57 - Nov 26 with 4893 viewschristiand

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:50 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

There could be but surely it is unlikely, ME seems to have had enough of playing the risky way, it seems likely that if he found a way out he would take it. It also seems extremely unlikely that anyone would want to buy us when we demand they must lose vast sums of money annually.

We're not the only the club in this situation which is haemorrhaging money and others have been sold. So we're now the most unattractive club in the professional game?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:58 - Nov 26 with 4888 viewschristiand

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:50 - Nov 26 by artsbossbeard

That was 18 months ago, if true. Things change. Perhaps if he is desperate to get rid then he needs to look further afield than what he has done previously?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 9:29]

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:00 - Nov 26 with 4881 viewsBluefish

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:57 - Nov 26 by christiand

We're not the only the club in this situation which is haemorrhaging money and others have been sold. So we're now the most unattractive club in the professional game?

Who has been sold to non fans in our situation and had money ploughed in?

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:06 - Nov 26 with 4864 viewsStokieBlue

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 08:27 - Nov 26 by artsbossbeard

If only football was played on an excel spreadsheet.

One number can't be hidden though - 0 shots on target yesterday and far from the first time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:08 - Nov 26 with 4852 viewschristiand

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:00 - Nov 26 by Bluefish

Who has been sold to non fans in our situation and had money ploughed in?

Open your eyes and have a look yourself Truce. There is quite a few around the league.

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:13 - Nov 26 with 4836 viewsBluefish

Town will never get promoted until Evans on 09:08 - Nov 26 by christiand

Open your eyes and have a look yourself Truce. There is quite a few around the league.

Should be easy to name some then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024