Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks 12:33 - Dec 4 with 13829 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/04/meps-say-uk-has-conceded-on-ire

DUP to kick off?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 17:56 - Dec 4 with 2123 viewsgiant_stow

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 17:48 - Dec 4 by bluejacko

Why is anybody apart from May surprised by the DUPs reaction to their part of the UK being sold down the river? My missus is spitting blue murder over this.

I can see why - looks like may and Dublin tried to style it out and hope the dup would just fall into line. The Tories get even more comical shocker.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 18:36 - Dec 4 with 2087 viewsbluejacko

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 17:00 - Dec 4 by No9

The question now is- how much more cash the tories will chuck at the DP to roll over.

Then what will the Scots do?

I don’t think you understand the feeling of actually being British means to the majority in N I.
There is no amount of money that will change that attitude!
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 21:25 - Dec 4 with 2038 viewsRyorry

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 16:35 - Dec 4 by Cotty

Probably everybody?

Cotty!! - great to see you back

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 08:33 - Dec 5 with 1968 viewsNo9

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 18:36 - Dec 4 by bluejacko

I don’t think you understand the feeling of actually being British means to the majority in N I.
There is no amount of money that will change that attitude!

I do understand what feeling British means to the people of N.I.
I once had a g.f. from the borders area
I know & have worked with people from both sides of the borders and understand how much the good friday agreement means to them.

The money to the DUP is no more & no less than a bribe to support a right wing government.
Will this lead to more elections in N.I. to get the DUP out?
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 11:25 - Dec 5 with 1929 viewsgordon

It was always going to come down to this, though, that's whats so absurd about the situation. What was suggested for the Irish Border in the referendum campaign by those who wanted Brexit? It must at least have been mentioned during the campaign?

If we can't get an agreement on this, and we break off negotiations with the EU, like Rees-Mogg et al want, then a hard customs border has to go up in Ireland.

So either the DUP are ignored, they withdraw support for the Government and Theresa May loses her majority and the government possibly falls, or we break off negotiations, a hard border goes up in Ireland, and goodness knows where we end up.

Is there anyone here who supports Brexit who can explain again why we've got ourselves in to this situation?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 11:25]
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 1878 viewsNo9

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 11:25 - Dec 5 by gordon

It was always going to come down to this, though, that's whats so absurd about the situation. What was suggested for the Irish Border in the referendum campaign by those who wanted Brexit? It must at least have been mentioned during the campaign?

If we can't get an agreement on this, and we break off negotiations with the EU, like Rees-Mogg et al want, then a hard customs border has to go up in Ireland.

So either the DUP are ignored, they withdraw support for the Government and Theresa May loses her majority and the government possibly falls, or we break off negotiations, a hard border goes up in Ireland, and goodness knows where we end up.

Is there anyone here who supports Brexit who can explain again why we've got ourselves in to this situation?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 11:25]

The hard right of the tories have always wanted a complete break from the EU. If you see what people like Redwood & Rees-Mogg do outside of parliament it is easy to understand.

In reality the UK should leave the EU completely before any negotiations on what part of the EU the UK wants access to can be negotiated

The right persuaded people that the UK can leave the EU & nothing will change- Owen Paterson is still doing this almost daily. There is no recognition of the wishes of the other 27 nation states or the rules by which the EU works.

The split in the tories is even more visible today no matter how much they want to paper over the cracks we are paying a high price for their desires to further their private interests
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 21:23 - Dec 5 with 1836 viewsjimmyvet

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 13:53 - Dec 5 by No9

The hard right of the tories have always wanted a complete break from the EU. If you see what people like Redwood & Rees-Mogg do outside of parliament it is easy to understand.

In reality the UK should leave the EU completely before any negotiations on what part of the EU the UK wants access to can be negotiated

The right persuaded people that the UK can leave the EU & nothing will change- Owen Paterson is still doing this almost daily. There is no recognition of the wishes of the other 27 nation states or the rules by which the EU works.

The split in the tories is even more visible today no matter how much they want to paper over the cracks we are paying a high price for their desires to further their private interests

The Hard Left have opposed the EU form the start so stop talking complete rot just to get your blinkered view across again. If Corbyn had actually have campaigned properly or indeed been able to mount a serious arguement to remain we might have had a different vote so its your comrade corbyn that is most to blame for this in my book...
MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 00:12 - Dec 6 with 1813 viewsHARRY10

Stop being silly. Brexit was never going to happen. All that is being done is that it has been allowed to follow it's logical conclusion.

Into the realms of absolute stupidity and contradiction. Sure the farce will trundle on long enough for even the most stupid to twig that it was neither feasible or possible.

Sadly that will cause further damage to the UK but until some have seen enough go over the cliff edge they will still stay in denial.
Login to get fewer ads

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 08:43 - Dec 6 with 1765 viewsNo9

MEPs say UK has conceded on Ireland border in Brexit talks on 21:23 - Dec 5 by jimmyvet

The Hard Left have opposed the EU form the start so stop talking complete rot just to get your blinkered view across again. If Corbyn had actually have campaigned properly or indeed been able to mount a serious arguement to remain we might have had a different vote so its your comrade corbyn that is most to blame for this in my book...

That sir is tripe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024