Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MoM 09:00 - Dec 17 with 6492 viewspowinswitch

We have played 24 games so far and the TWTD MoM award has gone to:
BART on 13 occasions
Spence on 6 including yesterday when he was mint
With Didz, Downes, Jonas, Waghorn and Connolly picking up one each

We are scoring goals aplenty and are just outside the playoffs which are arguments offered as to why the crowds should be flocking back. But when you have 30% and 27% possession at home, the home fan struggles to find entertainment. Only twice have we collectively decided that an attacking player been the best on view. Interesting.
MoM on 15:01 - Dec 17 with 1017 viewsHerbivore

MoM on 14:56 - Dec 17 by powinswitch

The table suggests they are much of a muchness, but I th8nk if we sat down and wa5ched the three games again on TV we would see that Brentford dominated us in terms of possession and creating real chances - which we blocked etc through Herculean effort. Reading were rubbish. Forest not a great deal better. The6 were quite fortunate to score their two.

It is ironic that we won the last two games by a combined 6-2 but I don’t find it entertaining. But it is wha5 I feel

I just can't understand how you weren't entertained by the last two games, but there we go. If that's how you feel then that's how you feel. As I said previously, we handled Reading and Forest better than we handled Brentford because we are better now, I don't think it's because Brentford are any better than Forest or Reading.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MoM on 15:26 - Dec 17 with 1005 viewsDarth_Koont

MoM on 14:56 - Dec 17 by powinswitch

The table suggests they are much of a muchness, but I th8nk if we sat down and wa5ched the three games again on TV we would see that Brentford dominated us in terms of possession and creating real chances - which we blocked etc through Herculean effort. Reading were rubbish. Forest not a great deal better. The6 were quite fortunate to score their two.

It is ironic that we won the last two games by a combined 6-2 but I don’t find it entertaining. But it is wha5 I feel

We didn't have any midfield when we played Brentford. And in fact the whole of the team was makeshift bar the attack.

So yes, good last-ditch defensive performance but, as a team, we've played better in both attack and defence since then.

Pronouns: He/Him

MoM on 15:29 - Dec 17 with 1002 viewspowinswitch

MoM on 15:26 - Dec 17 by Darth_Koont

We didn't have any midfield when we played Brentford. And in fact the whole of the team was makeshift bar the attack.

So yes, good last-ditch defensive performance but, as a team, we've played better in both attack and defence since then.

i Don’t disagree with any of that
MoM on 15:39 - Dec 17 with 991 viewspowinswitch

MoM on 15:01 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

I just can't understand how you weren't entertained by the last two games, but there we go. If that's how you feel then that's how you feel. As I said previously, we handled Reading and Forest better than we handled Brentford because we are better now, I don't think it's because Brentford are any better than Forest or Reading.

Sent you a PM
MoM on 15:42 - Dec 17 with 990 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

MoM on 09:53 - Dec 17 by powinswitch

No they probably don’t. I cannot remember either of them having a poor game this season. Some people have an agenda about those two and others. I am not a massive fan of Cole, but that is because I think he is limited when we have the ball, but I also think he has been better this season. Significantly.

But the MoM is about the average rating of all who vote and the best player. Whilst acknowledging that Chamb9 and Skuse may possibly have fared better, I don’t think anybody has an agenda with our attacking players. Yet they don’t get to take the MoM award (if you will). And if those two had fared better and won a MoM award, that would be just another defensive player taking it.

Regarding your question. Of course the percentage of possession is irrelevant against the number of goals scored, and I am very happy with the result yesterday. But not the manner of the performance or the way we set out to play. Dull. Two games at home in a row, we’ve won them both, but hardly looked entertaining. If we can retain the ball more and fashion the same ratio of chances with more possession (say 45%, which would still not be good but it would be better), then I think people might start to drift back. They wan5 to see GOOD football.

I’ve found some further stats which I will share in a minute.

But the average rating for Skuse and chambers is like 4 out of 10.

Which immediately proves its nonsense.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

MoM on 23:13 - Dec 17 with 924 viewsBrettenhamBlue

MoM on 15:42 - Dec 17 by The_Romford_Blue

But the average rating for Skuse and chambers is like 4 out of 10.

Which immediately proves its nonsense.

Average rating for Skuse is 6.48
Average rating for Chambers is 6.30

Top players are Waghorn, Bialkowski, Spence, Knudsen, McGoldrick, Celina.

Sounds about right to me.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024