Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of 13:08 - Dec 17 with 2570 viewsIllinoisblue

the 14-15 team there. Despite the injuries a sign that the squad is of a decent strength.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:00 - Dec 17 with 2527 viewsHerbivore

Best squad in Mick's time here overall I'd say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:07 - Dec 17 with 2512 viewsIllinoisblue

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:00 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

the only depressing thought is that Connolly and Celina aren't ours and are very likely to go on to bigger and better things without us. Like Fraser and, to a lesser extent, Lawrence before them, we are now seemingly reliant on scraps from the top table to be somewhat competitive.

62 - 78 - 81

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:10 - Dec 17 with 2497 viewsHerbivore

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:07 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

the only depressing thought is that Connolly and Celina aren't ours and are very likely to go on to bigger and better things without us. Like Fraser and, to a lesser extent, Lawrence before them, we are now seemingly reliant on scraps from the top table to be somewhat competitive.

The majority of sides at this level use the loan system, it's not a problem. People said Fraser couldn't be replaced and we replaced him with Lawrence, who was then irreplaceable until we replaced him with Celina.

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 15:10 - Dec 17 with 2439 viewsIllinoisblue

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:10 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

The majority of sides at this level use the loan system, it's not a problem. People said Fraser couldn't be replaced and we replaced him with Lawrence, who was then irreplaceable until we replaced him with Celina.

it's not them being irreplaceable that bothers me - there will always be decent players on the fringes of bloated prem squads - it's the fact that it's become the norm. But i get that it's not an Ipswich problem, it's a football problem.

62 - 78 - 81

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 16:44 - Dec 17 with 2339 viewsWD19

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 15:10 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

it's not them being irreplaceable that bothers me - there will always be decent players on the fringes of bloated prem squads - it's the fact that it's become the norm. But i get that it's not an Ipswich problem, it's a football problem.

Like Magilton.....or Reuser!?
interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 16:53 - Dec 17 with 2326 viewsolimar

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 15:10 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

And also that its become the norm to need a loanee in exactly the same position each year. It doesnt provide much consistency when our key player has left the exact same hole each year.
interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 17:01 - Dec 17 with 2298 viewsolimar

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 16:44 - Dec 17 by WD19

Like Magilton.....or Reuser!?

Those two are representative of the change in football in the last 10 years (or less)- it used to be the norm to look to bring in experienced players from the PL who were out of favour and prepared to drop down a league to get in the shop window. That then put us in the driving seat to sign them if they enjoyed it.
By the time Jewell turned up, we were able to get players like that still, but the loan was costly and there was little chance they would be prepared to stay beyond it, with better options available in the Championship.
Now we are paying decent fees to get young kids to come on loan from the PL, with a degree of risk around that (AMN) and no chance of keeping them.
interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 17:12 - Dec 17 with 2277 viewsRoyKeanesDog

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:07 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

The only good thing is that these players have been so successful that clubs will be keen to send them to us.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 17:18 - Dec 17 with 2267 viewsTheBlueBarca

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 14:00 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

Given that they have only beaten what 1 of the sides above them this season i'd say that was a pretty poor reflection on Micks time here if that were the case.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 20:17 - Dec 17 with 2155 viewsGeoffSentence

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 17:18 - Dec 17 by TheBlueBarca

Given that they have only beaten what 1 of the sides above them this season i'd say that was a pretty poor reflection on Micks time here if that were the case.

Incidentally, that's the same as Leeds, Cardiff and Bristol, and better than Villa, Derby and, of course Wolves.

You see , as you climb the league the less opportunities there are to beat teams above you.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 23:02 - Dec 17 with 2043 viewsHerbivore

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 20:17 - Dec 17 by GeoffSentence

Incidentally, that's the same as Leeds, Cardiff and Bristol, and better than Villa, Derby and, of course Wolves.

You see , as you climb the league the less opportunities there are to beat teams above you.

Yeah but Dino Mick boooooo!

To add as well, of the seven teams above us we've had six away fixtures against them (including the upcoming trip to Wolves). To expect us to have a winning record in away games against the top 6 and to use that as some sort of barometer for whether this is a good squad or not is cloud cuckooland stuff.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 23:12]

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 23:32 - Dec 17 with 2024 viewsBrettenhamBlue

interesting to look at our bench yesterday and see 4 key members of on 17:12 - Dec 17 by RoyKeanesDog

The only good thing is that these players have been so successful that clubs will be keen to send them to us.

We do seem to develop these players well.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024