Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? 12:28 - Dec 30 with 1686 viewsJ2BLUE

Might seem an odd question but the Premier League are hoping for an even bigger tv deal than the last one and with Sky having lost European football and BT having Premier League football as one of their main offerings it seems neither will want to give their packages up. It's also rumoured Netflix, Amazon, Twitter and Facebook are all at least considering bids with Facebook and Amazon the strongest linked.

Do we think he would double down on the current 'strategy' or would he invest more? The only reason I think it might make sense to invest more is the inflation of fees we see every window. He could realistically sign 4-5 decent young players from the lower leagues for a couple of million each and know he's very likely to see his money back if even one of them progresses to the next level. MM has a decent record in the transfer market so if the amount of money the Premier League gets increases again does anyone think he'll be tempted or will it be more of the same?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:34 - Dec 30 with 1646 viewsRegencyBlue

There’s a strategy?
How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:35 - Dec 30 with 1643 viewsJ2BLUE

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:34 - Dec 30 by RegencyBlue

There’s a strategy?

I'm being generous...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:44 - Dec 30 with 1630 viewsTrequartista

No difference at all. He appears to see a top half Championship finish as a success, I don't think the Premier League enters his thinking. Those days are long gone.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:46 - Dec 30 with 1627 viewsWD19

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:34 - Dec 30 by RegencyBlue

There’s a strategy?

Yes. It involved promoting more youth to our first team....but we did that so lots of people like to pretend it was never a ‘thing’ so we didn’t really do it.
How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:51 - Dec 30 with 1619 viewsgordon

Reckon he'll go with Sky Sports and BT Sport in Legends bar, and Smart TV with Amazon/Netflix in the Sir Alf Ramsey Suite and Players Lounge.
How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 14:49 - Dec 30 with 1475 viewsbluelou

Given the recent agreement between Sky and BT I very much doubt the premier league will be getting much more than they do now. The OTT players won't be considering any significant packages, Amazon or maybe even Facebook may test the water with some highlights or mobile rights but can't see more than that.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 17:32 - Dec 30 with 1347 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 12:46 - Dec 30 by WD19

Yes. It involved promoting more youth to our first team....but we did that so lots of people like to pretend it was never a ‘thing’ so we didn’t really do it.

Nonsense. I didn’t see many homegrown players on show for us today.
How will the new Prem deal influence Evans' strategy? on 17:41 - Dec 30 with 1310 viewsBLUEBEAT

Has FFP stopped then?

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024