Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... 13:38 - Dec 31 with 3190 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok bored on the train. What's everyone got for this year?

1) LCD Soundsystem @Fillmore
2) Two Door Cinema Club @Electric Factory
3) Hot Since 82 (His set @Pandora)

A few other that deserve a mention would be Claptone (his set at Output in feb) and San and Sebastian were not bad in the summer either. Tame Impala would have snuck in my top five.

I always expected great things from LCD soundsystem but was surprised how good Two Door were live, great energy. Strangely had never seen them before this year. Nothing in the books for 2018 yet, must get working on that.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:38]
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 3172 viewsgtsb1966

Monster Truck @ Electric ballroom Camden
Iron Maiden @ The O2
Depeche Mode @ The London Stadium
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 13:45 - Dec 31 with 3167 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 13:43 - Dec 31 by gtsb1966

Monster Truck @ Electric ballroom Camden
Iron Maiden @ The O2
Depeche Mode @ The London Stadium

Cool, you must be really old though.
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 13:48 - Dec 31 with 3164 viewsgtsb1966

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 13:45 - Dec 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Cool, you must be really old though.

51...the only gig I've got booked in 2018 is The Skids at my favourite venue, Shepherds Bush Empire.
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 17:08 - Dec 31 with 3105 viewsazuremerlangus

Bryan Adams - Aegis Bowl (SOTON)
Micky Flanagan - BIC (Bournemouth)
Greg Davies - Portsmouth Guildhall

To be honest there is nothing to dislike about the first - large enough back-catalogue to keep everybody happy.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 17:11]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 00:25 - Jan 1 with 3039 viewsitfcpaul

1. OMD Sheffield City Hall
2. Steven Page Leeds The Wardrobe
3. Skids Holmfirth Picturedrome

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 01:11 - Jan 1 with 3026 viewsimsureazzure

Stranglers supported by the ruts, Cambridge corn exchange.
From the Jam, Bury Apex.
The Undertones, Bury Apex.
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 01:14 - Jan 1 with 3020 viewsFoD_Blue

Foo Fighters - Paris AccorHotels Arena
Iron Maiden - Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
Thunder Xmas show - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Been a great year for gigs and plenty booked already for 2018
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 01:44 - Jan 1 with 3002 viewsJakeITFC

Saw all of your top three live this year as well, funnily enough.

For me:

1) Radiohead - Florence; brilliant set list, and great company in a fantastic city
2) LCD Soundsystem - Alexandra Palace; waited so long to see them, and they actually surpassed my expectations, so good
3) the xx - Berlin; third choice was difficult, but another band that I’ve wanted to see forever and they didn’t disappoint. Really good set, every song very tightly played and a smashing way to begin a mad evening in Berlin.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 1:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 09:59 - Jan 1 with 2930 viewsbluelou

Radiohead @ Glastonbury
Band of Horses @ Bexhill
Amp Fiddler @ Glastonbury

JJJJ you need To see more bands in 2018 and less dodgy house DJs, that Claptone is bawbags.
He stunk up the place when I saw him in Budapest. :)

Although I did like output, Danny Krivit did 718 sessions there when I went in March.
Now there's a DJ.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 10:58 - Jan 1 with 2911 viewsblueconscience

1. Transmission - O2 Prague
2. Above and Beyond - O2 London
3. Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra Presents Ibiza Classics - O2 London

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:11 - Jan 1 with 2896 viewsbluelou

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 10:58 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

1. Transmission - O2 Prague
2. Above and Beyond - O2 London
3. Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra Presents Ibiza Classics - O2 London

I take it back JJJJ; this is worse than yours

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:12 - Jan 1 with 2893 viewsblueconscience

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:11 - Jan 1 by bluelou

I take it back JJJJ; this is worse than yours

Each to their own, Never got into the sort of music your top 3 played, I like lively music and orchestral sounds.

Unless you are there in the atmosphere you can’t appreciate it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:19]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:21 - Jan 1 with 2877 viewsbluelou

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:12 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

Each to their own, Never got into the sort of music your top 3 played, I like lively music and orchestral sounds.

Unless you are there in the atmosphere you can’t appreciate it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:19]

I'm sure a sh1t ton of mdma helps too

But yes each to their own indeed, better than not going out isn't it?

I'm too old to do it often these days but I still love a proper night out.
We've promised ourselves a weekender this year; think the Baltic Soul weekender or Liverpool Disco Festival will be our best bet.

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:25 - Jan 1 with 2872 viewsblueconscience

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:21 - Jan 1 by bluelou

We've promised ourselves a weekender this year; think the Baltic Soul weekender or Liverpool Disco Festival will be our best bet.

There were quite a few people who looked 50+ at the all nighter in Prague.

And last year I went to the Pete Tong Heritage orchestra and had to buy some more tickets for friends so had to relocate and had two spare tickets. I gave them tickets to my parents and they weren’t sure if they would like it or not, the next day they bought tickets for the whole family for the 2017 show.

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:27 - Jan 1 with 2869 viewsbrogansnose

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:21 - Jan 1 by bluelou

.................better than not going out isn't it ?

How very true. Just ordered tickets for John Digweed at Mint Club Leeds. He and Sasha were excellent at Manchester Warehouse Project last year.

Gig of 2017 - LCD Soundsystem @ Ally Pally

Claptone, a bit meh tbh.
Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:31 - Jan 1 with 2861 viewsbluelou

Your top three gigs of 2017, in order..... on 11:25 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

There were quite a few people who looked 50+ at the all nighter in Prague.

And last year I went to the Pete Tong Heritage orchestra and had to buy some more tickets for friends so had to relocate and had two spare tickets. I gave them tickets to my parents and they weren’t sure if they would like it or not, the next day they bought tickets for the whole family for the 2017 show.

There's always a grandad is the disco but it's not going to be me.

I've always preferred the soul scene because we're always still the "young ones" to the GlasgowBlues of this world.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024