Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... 14:52 - Feb 8 with 1277 viewsITFC_Forever

But despite my belief there's nothing in it, it is strange that Mick's odds have come down so much, so quickly for the Barnsley job, unless it's a case of Barnsley (and Ipswich) fans wanting it to happen so put money on it which duly reduces the odds.

I can remember Paul Jewell's odds on becoming next ITFC manager coming down very quickly the week before Keane was sacked and everyone laughed it off, only for it to duly happen....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 14:55 - Feb 8 with 1248 viewsBlueBadger

It's not really that strange. It's simply loads of idiots following a bandwagon and lumping on. This also happened when he was linked with the Palace and RoI jobs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 14:56 - Feb 8 with 1240 viewsSWGF

It's a case of Barnsley (and Ipswich) fans wanting it to happen so put money on it which duly reduces the odds

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

on 14:56 - Feb 8 with 1237 views_

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 14:55 - Feb 8 by BlueBadger

It's not really that strange. It's simply loads of idiots following a bandwagon and lumping on. This also happened when he was linked with the Palace and RoI jobs.

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 15:05 - Feb 8 with 1190 viewsDarth_Koont

Might also be the result of someone thinking they've got inside info based on circumstantial evidence.

Imagine if on the way back from Sunderland, Mick visits friends or relatives around the area. Goes out for a meal and bumps into a Barnsley director. Then one or two people witness that chat as they're going past the restaurant window.

Without the real context, it'll be easy for people to become convinced based on what they want to believe, especially when that could result in making some money too.

Not saying that scenario happened at all but I'm balancing it against how hard is to believe that Mick would leave a team that's comfortable and might even finish the season on a high and go to a team just 1 point outside the relegation zone and risk ending the season on a disastrous note.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 1177 viewsITFC_Forever

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 15:05 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

Might also be the result of someone thinking they've got inside info based on circumstantial evidence.

Imagine if on the way back from Sunderland, Mick visits friends or relatives around the area. Goes out for a meal and bumps into a Barnsley director. Then one or two people witness that chat as they're going past the restaurant window.

Without the real context, it'll be easy for people to become convinced based on what they want to believe, especially when that could result in making some money too.

Not saying that scenario happened at all but I'm balancing it against how hard is to believe that Mick would leave a team that's comfortable and might even finish the season on a high and go to a team just 1 point outside the relegation zone and risk ending the season on a disastrous note.

Mick would probably keep them up - and if they went down, I don't think many would lay the blame at his feet, and he would surely (with the new investment at the club) stand a very good chance of getting them back up.

They've struggled since the bulk of the team that got them back up to this level was sold in the last 18 months or so.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I know it doesn't take much to change a "Next Manager of xxxx" market.... on 15:39 - Feb 8 with 1094 viewsyorkshireblue

Listening to someone from Paddy Power on TalkSport a few months ago about the Everton job. He said that all it takes is a £50 bet localish to the club to influence that market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024