Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Mick incapable of turning things around? 14:27 - Feb 18 with 1256 viewspointofblue

We were all over Norwich in the first half, one of our best performances in a long time. But after the break, Norwich came back into it - tactical switches, the hairdryer... they were far better and credit has to go to Farke for that.

We were an absolute mess against Burton - flat, unable to pass to a guy in blue, not attacking threat. And after the break it was more of the same, whatever happened in the break failed miserably.

I've ben trying to think of the last time we managed to turn a poor performance in the first half into a decent second half and I can't think of one. Is Mick now simply incapable of turning the side around?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 14:31 - Feb 18 with 1218 viewsHerbivore

Derby at home was probably the last time. First half of the season there were a few occasions we were poor first half and much better after the break. We have struggled to put a good 90 minutes together too often.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 14:31 - Feb 18 with 1218 viewsITFCBlues

We’re skint. We spend zero money and we’re mid-table. There isn’t many managers capable of this as I’m sure We will find out.

For all their 2nd half domination, they had one shot from open play? They’ve got a 15-20m player in Maddison that ultimately was the difference 2nd half. The closest we have to that is Bishop & Huws - neither have played anywhere near enough this season.

Mick needs backing or we will keep treading water. The new manager will need backing. Nothing will change.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 14:34 - Feb 18 with 1193 viewsgt81

Regarding the very last question, the same has happened everywhere he's been, we're the only ones that have yet to do anything about it.

Once Mick's teams go on the slide, they don't recover. Sunderland figured it out, Wolves figured it out, our owner hasn't.
Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:28 - Feb 18 with 1130 viewspointofblue

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 14:34 - Feb 18 by gt81

Regarding the very last question, the same has happened everywhere he's been, we're the only ones that have yet to do anything about it.

Once Mick's teams go on the slide, they don't recover. Sunderland figured it out, Wolves figured it out, our owner hasn't.

I don't mean us going on a slide across the season and then carrying it through - though actually we're only five points better off this season than we were this time last season which surprises me slightly.

I mean when we put in a poor performance in a first half of a match we seem completely in capable of turning it around in the second half - we just continue playing poorly. Unlike Norwich today who had a weak first half but improved immensely in the second.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 1115 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Think the first half performance vindicated McCarthy’s formation, which surprised me as I wasn’t feeling overly confident when I saw it!

However I think one of the problems with that formation is that once it stopped working, it was very difficult to change it, given the number of central players on the pitch

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:34 - Feb 18 with 1098 viewsnoggin

All over them. Seriously? I would say, we were the slightly better of two poor sides.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:35 - Feb 18 with 1091 viewslongtimefan

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:28 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

I don't mean us going on a slide across the season and then carrying it through - though actually we're only five points better off this season than we were this time last season which surprises me slightly.

I mean when we put in a poor performance in a first half of a match we seem completely in capable of turning it around in the second half - we just continue playing poorly. Unlike Norwich today who had a weak first half but improved immensely in the second.

On the basis of today I think you’re overlooking the fact that Norwich have a vastly more talented squad than us. The tactics worked first half but Norwich have the quality of players that can adapt - we don’t.
Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:38 - Feb 18 with 1074 viewsgt81

Is Mick incapable of turning things around? on 15:28 - Feb 18 by pointofblue

Poor mentality and strategy. Inability to motivate players to give it their all.

His repeated containment strategy indirectly signals to the players that he has no confidence in them to go out play football dictate the game and win through skill. Yes there are games against better opposition where that might be a reasonable approach, but he sets us up this way whether the opposition are there for the taking or not.

The grafters probably find this approach great, but the players who have the talent to play football must find it absolutely stifling the same way fans do - they just can't say so for obvious reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024