Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's clear one thing up 15:17 - Feb 18 with 1681 viewsGarv

F*ck off was aimed at us. Let's not dance around it. It does show how much he has bottled it up so far and how unable he was to control his feelings at that precise moment. And that's not necessarily a criticism, but I would say he deserves most the stick he's had for style of play etc.

Not a lot you can say about the end result, other than "can't believe it" as I said to myself about 50 times before leaving the ground.

First half we murdered them. The reason we've lost today is that we didn't score first half, and that says a lot about us as a side in general. They were unlikely not to score at all, hell Bart saved our arses a few times. Who would have thought he would be the one to cost us? (on first viewing he could have kicked for touch, someone else said Jonas was at fault.)

You can't help wondering about the subs. I know we've scored after they were all made but McGoldrick Hyam and Spence. It was a bit baffling.

Whatever. Gutted.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Let's clear one thing up on 15:19 - Feb 18 with 1647 viewsMaySixth

What was the mood in the away end towards Mick before and during the game when it was 0-0?

I was watching in a pub with the sound turned down.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Let's clear one thing up on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1621 viewsGarv

Let's clear one thing up on 15:19 - Feb 18 by MaySixth

What was the mood in the away end towards Mick before and during the game when it was 0-0?

I was watching in a pub with the sound turned down.

Fine while we were playing well. It started when Spence came on, and it disappointed me. I didn't want it to turn into a McCarthy thing, but of course now it is.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Let's clear one thing up on 15:22 - Feb 18 with 1607 viewsMaySixth

Let's clear one thing up on 15:21 - Feb 18 by Garv

Fine while we were playing well. It started when Spence came on, and it disappointed me. I didn't want it to turn into a McCarthy thing, but of course now it is.

Thanks

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Let's clear one thing up on 15:26 - Feb 18 with 1583 viewsGavTWTD

Point of order, we didn't lose, although it felt like it at the final whistle. I said before the game that I'd have been delighted with a draw and I keep having to tell myself that. I was also critical of the starting 11, but we would have deserved a half-time lead. They just came out after the break the better team and we held on. Just a shame we weren't cuter to get all three points.

I kinda feel the season is over now. We aren't good enough to get into the play offs, and hopefully we've put a tack into their coffin of a further season in "our" league, now without parachute payments. It'll be a much more level playing field next season.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Let's clear one thing up on 15:27 - Feb 18 with 1551 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Let's clear one thing up on 15:21 - Feb 18 by Garv

Because of course the 'mob' just love Iorfa. (Hyam would have made more sense). People are obviously gutted but can we just give the McCarthy in/out thing a rest. He's here for now so support the team.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Let's clear one thing up on 15:28 - Feb 18 with 1519 viewsnshearman1

Let's clear one thing up on 15:26 - Feb 18 by GavTWTD

Point of order, we didn't lose, although it felt like it at the final whistle. I said before the game that I'd have been delighted with a draw and I keep having to tell myself that. I was also critical of the starting 11, but we would have deserved a half-time lead. They just came out after the break the better team and we held on. Just a shame we weren't cuter to get all three points.

I kinda feel the season is over now. We aren't good enough to get into the play offs, and hopefully we've put a tack into their coffin of a further season in "our" league, now without parachute payments. It'll be a much more level playing field next season.

Agreed. The Scum behaved like they'd won when they got a home draw.

Though, to be honest, I think the season's been over for some considerable time.
Let's clear one thing up on 15:29 - Feb 18 with 1511 viewsLord_Lucan

Before the game I was less bothered than I ever have been about the result but now I feel like death.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Let's clear one thing up on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 1489 viewssparks

Whats disappointing is the failure to seek a victory, when the playoffs are clearly long gone already. A point is no real benefit, but we came looking for one with the team selection and shap- and we continued that approach throughout.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's clear one thing up on 15:33 - Feb 18 with 1469 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Let's clear one thing up on 15:29 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

Before the game I was less bothered than I ever have been about the result but now I feel like death.

I was a bit like that - I guess at least I know now that I still care

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Let's clear one thing up on 15:36 - Feb 18 with 1452 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Let's clear one thing up on 15:33 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was a bit like that - I guess at least I know now that I still care

I cannot believe Mick.

Would you say f off to your customers at work or your colleagues at work?

NO!!!

If Rafa said that when we were winning against Sunderland in a derby, there would be a riot.

It doesn't matter if you are under pressure or not.

He is the focal point of Ipswich Town, the manager, he is not some anonymous fan.
Let's clear one thing up on 15:45 - Feb 18 with 1401 viewsLord_Lucan

Let's clear one thing up on 15:36 - Feb 18 by newcastlefan1984

I cannot believe Mick.

Would you say f off to your customers at work or your colleagues at work?

NO!!!

If Rafa said that when we were winning against Sunderland in a derby, there would be a riot.

It doesn't matter if you are under pressure or not.

He is the focal point of Ipswich Town, the manager, he is not some anonymous fan.

That's about it, he is ultimately abusing his customers. He is swearing at a load of fans that do not have as much know how in the game as him but that's really not the point. As manager he is our figurehead.

It's not as if it was a one off.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024