Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
norwich future 16:05 - Feb 19 with 2459 viewsBluefish

We probably should just focus on us etc but f*** it let's talk about those in our shadow. They desperately want to show that they have stepped out into the light but I think they are a long way away.

They have had every chance. Numerous season of parachute and premier league money over more than 1 spell in the top flight. During this time we have gone through our lowest spells with jewell and keane, by time Mick has arrived we are feeding on scraps while they are signing players for millions from all around europe.

But what now? They have appointed another manger and completely changed approach. A fresh approach but also a gamble, where are they left? The promotion hasn't happened and the money is going to be ruthlessly switched off. They are desperately offloading high earners and replacing with gambles from foreign lower leagues and loans. What if it doesn't work next season? What do they do? Maddison will obviously be sold for 20 million odd but what do they do with it? Plug the losses and get ready for life in the championship or gamble knowing they could seriously jeopardise their future if it fails.

They were virtually full strength against us and struggled badly. You have to think our full side would tear them apart, even adding a fit huws, Adeyemi or bishop would make a huge difference. Next season they lose gunn, leitner and reed and presumably maddison too. Similarly we have players going too so it is normal but that is part of the reason why we cant get out of this league, we rebuild every season. Talk norwich pointed out how they have a plan and we are a club drifting with no plan. Considering they are mid plan and going backwards so fast that they are behind us, I would say no plan is better. At least when we find one we don't have to undo and start again.

We are now starting to loan youngsters to lower leagues to come back better players opposed to loaning youngsters to non league to let them go. That future is bright but norwich are loaning high earners to get them out of the way. They will need to come back in some cases and the squad must have big differences in terms of wages. It is going to be a battle for farke to keep harmony.

All in all being better than them is not everything bit it is important and always has been. Yes we haven't beaten them for 10 years but for once our future is brighter. Roll on summer for a new beginning, roll on summer for fit players, roll on summer for their crisis and thank you Mick for making us stable enough to look and laugh at them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

norwich future on 16:12 - Feb 19 with 2396 viewsITFCBlues

Norwich have also loaned out a load of players to the lower leagues...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

norwich future on 16:13 - Feb 19 with 2382 viewschicoazul

If you love Norwich so much why dont you marry them

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

norwich future on 16:19 - Feb 19 with 2355 viewsITFC_Forever

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gunn sign for them permanently, he clearly loves playing for them, especially with his Dad's connection to the club.

Although I do agree that Maddison (did make me laugh when the Norwich fans didn't get the irony of signing "he's just too good for you"), Leitner (didn't notice him) and Reed will be gone, along with quite possibly one or both of Zimmerman and Klose.

As you say, we've been at our lowest ebb for a few years now, and they have wasted numerous opportunities to kick on and establish themselves. And much like 30-40 years ago, they haven't been able to do it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

norwich future on 16:19 - Feb 19 with 2352 viewsBrianTablet

norwich future on 16:13 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

If you love Norwich so much why dont you marry them

Have you seen the size of Norwich's sister?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

norwich future on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2313 viewsBluefish

norwich future on 16:19 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gunn sign for them permanently, he clearly loves playing for them, especially with his Dad's connection to the club.

Although I do agree that Maddison (did make me laugh when the Norwich fans didn't get the irony of signing "he's just too good for you"), Leitner (didn't notice him) and Reed will be gone, along with quite possibly one or both of Zimmerman and Klose.

As you say, we've been at our lowest ebb for a few years now, and they have wasted numerous opportunities to kick on and establish themselves. And much like 30-40 years ago, they haven't been able to do it.

Spoke to my scummer mate earlier and he was impressed by leitner. I pointed out that I wasn't having read them raving about him before the game. I only remember him moaning. A centre midfield foreign version of garner.

Klose, tettey, pinto, oliveira etc must be on big wages. I can see Gunn going back there but if he thinks he has a chance for top level he should aim for a PL loan. I thought his handling was awful.

norwich future on 16:26 - Feb 19 with 2285 viewsITFC_Forever

norwich future on 16:23 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Spoke to my scummer mate earlier and he was impressed by leitner. I pointed out that I wasn't having read them raving about him before the game. I only remember him moaning. A centre midfield foreign version of garner.

Klose, tettey, pinto, oliveira etc must be on big wages. I can see Gunn going back there but if he thinks he has a chance for top level he should aim for a PL loan. I thought his handling was awful.

Gunn looked very nervous in the first half, especially with those shots he just about managed to shovel round the post.

He looked more composed in the second half, came and plucked a corner out of the air with ease.
He and the defender on the post should have stopped Chambo's header between them though.

How did you get on with the crutches?

norwich future on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 2255 viewsBluefish

norwich future on 16:26 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

Gunn looked very nervous in the first half, especially with those shots he just about managed to shovel round the post.

He looked more composed in the second half, came and plucked a corner out of the air with ease.
He and the defender on the post should have stopped Chambo's header between them though.

How did you get on with the crutches?

A few scary moments in the crush getting in and for the goal but did alright. Went to the ticket office and said I have to hand them in and the lady said that is ridiculous and walked me to the turnstiles and spoke to a steward. 1st steward wouldn't let me in separately and then a different one let me.

Lucas free parking was up Kilimanjaro on the way back

norwich future on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 2213 viewsITFC_Forever

norwich future on 16:29 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

A few scary moments in the crush getting in and for the goal but did alright. Went to the ticket office and said I have to hand them in and the lady said that is ridiculous and walked me to the turnstiles and spoke to a steward. 1st steward wouldn't let me in separately and then a different one let me.

Lucas free parking was up Kilimanjaro on the way back

Were you in the disabled enclosure, or the normal seating?

Login to get fewer ads

norwich future on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 2208 viewsBluefish

norwich future on 16:33 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

Were you in the disabled enclosure, or the normal seating?

1st half I was in the entrance area near hoppy and kj. 2nd half I was 2 seats in front of you

norwich future on 16:41 - Feb 19 with 2179 viewsITFC_Forever

norwich future on 16:35 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

1st half I was in the entrance area near hoppy and kj. 2nd half I was 2 seats in front of you

Thought it was you.... would have come and said hello.

And I apologise for joining in the anti-Mick stuff yesterday, neither the time or the place.

norwich future on 16:44 - Feb 19 with 2153 viewsJackSted

I've said this before - the tables are slowly turning in our favour. The fact they have a multi million pound squad and could barely grab a point from us on their own turf says it all really.

Next season will be interesting... and I'm very confident we could grab at least 3 points off them.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 16:48]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

norwich future on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 2140 viewsmanchego

norwich future on 16:19 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

What's funny is that their best is pathetic compared to our best and their worst; level 3 quite recently, is a fair bit worse than ours ... if we take what we have now to be our worst.
norwich future on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 2135 viewsBluefish

norwich future on 16:41 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

Thought it was you.... would have come and said hello.

And I apologise for joining in the anti-Mick stuff yesterday, neither the time or the place.

I only knew it was you after when I was in the pub with hoppy and kj. He then told me that he introduced us in legends before but presumably I was very drunk and didn't realise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024