Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iorfa yesterday 23:29 - Feb 19 with 2260 viewsLuk38644

I've given him some absolute pelters this season and I still don't think he's better than Spence, but thought he played RWB very well yesterday.

Made some really charging runs (I thought his one in the box was a penalty at the time but can see it wasn't now), contributed to build up play down the right and gave Lewis the run around until he went off. Also noticed we must have had some kind of plan to put long-balls to him when he was one-on-one with Lewis so he could use his height advantage, and he did pretty much everytime.

It's a shame we haven't seen that side of him more often this season because if we had, he'd be no.1 RB for sure.
Iorfa yesterday on 23:38 - Feb 19 with 2230 viewsGarv

Agreed, he was good yesterday, though having said that he never really did any damage to them down the right. We never got behind them and delivered a cross from what I can remember.

He should be disappointed Spence has been ahead of him all season. I imagine there's a large difference in earnings there.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Iorfa yesterday on 23:58 - Feb 19 with 2194 viewsStNeotsBlue

Iorfa yesterday on 23:38 - Feb 19 by Garv

Agreed, he was good yesterday, though having said that he never really did any damage to them down the right. We never got behind them and delivered a cross from what I can remember.

He should be disappointed Spence has been ahead of him all season. I imagine there's a large difference in earnings there.

Iorfa is a mixed bag he is a great athlete and is good at making himself available for the ball, something too many Town players don't do. But i don't trust him when he has the ball, very hit and miss.

Best games for us like Spence have been in a central three. if we do nothing else in the summer we need to sign a decent right back.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:58 - Feb 19 with 2191 viewsStNeotsBlue

Iorfa yesterday on 23:38 - Feb 19 by Garv

Iorfa yesterday on 00:01 - Feb 20 with 2180 viewsGarv

Iorfa yesterday on 23:58 - Feb 19 by StNeotsBlue

Iorfa is a mixed bag he is a great athlete and is good at making himself available for the ball, something too many Town players don't do. But i don't trust him when he has the ball, very hit and miss.

Best games for us like Spence have been in a central three. if we do nothing else in the summer we need to sign a decent right back.

I can't believe we're still saying that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Iorfa yesterday on 09:00 - Feb 20 with 1989 viewsTractorJack

I think he's often looked good going forward he's just made too many defensive errors. Fortunately, Norwich didn't attack much from wide areas and CCV played very well behind him.
Iorfa yesterday on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 1845 viewsPilgrimblue

Iorfa yesterday on 09:00 - Feb 20 by TractorJack

I think he's often looked good going forward he's just made too many defensive errors. Fortunately, Norwich didn't attack much from wide areas and CCV played very well behind him.

He certainly benefited form CCV and while under pressure he looks at 6s and 7s he did use space afforded him but gets into a muddle at times
Just wish after making one of his surges he'd let fly, might surprise us and himself!
Definitely think 3 central suits us best but need more attacking mid to support 2 forwards.
Iorfa yesterday on 13:29 - Feb 20 with 1814 viewsmonty_radio

Iorfa yesterday on 00:01 - Feb 20 by Garv

I can't believe we're still saying that.

. .."if we do nothing else in the summer we need to sign a decent right back."

Which summer might that be?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Iorfa yesterday on 14:31 - Feb 20 with 1752 viewschristiand

Iorfa yesterday on 23:58 - Feb 19 by StNeotsBlue

Iorfa and Spence each have the qualities the other one lacks.

Iorfa - A goad athlete with a good engine who can get up and down the right flank, but not particularly great on the ball. Better suited in the wing back role

Spence - Composed on the ball and a decent defender, but lacks pace. Better suited in a flat back four at right back.

I do wonder whether Connolly could do a job at right back if Everton were ever prepared to sell him?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024