Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic atmosphere... 09:02 - Mar 14 with 3027 viewsitfcjoe

....was more depressing than toxic for me.

A shame Evans wasn't there last night, as would have showed where the club is under his stewardship.

Only 2 positives were Grant Ward did very well and a league debut for young Ben Morris.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:05 - Mar 14 with 3005 viewsFinidiCentenary

Mick has a lot to answer to, but I do feel slightly sorry for him that on top of the deserved stick he gets for telling fans to f*** off, acting like a child in press conferences and playing 9 defensive midfielders at home, he also gets stick that would otherwise be aimed at Evans if he was there.

I can't see why Evans would come to games now, knowing that he's likely to get verbal abuse at the very least. Given how West Ham fans went for their owners (something I doubt would ever happen here), he's probably got even more reason to stay away.

He doesn't care. It's clear. If he can sell he will sell. He doesn't have to spend hours in the cold, being bored and abused as well.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:05 - Mar 14 with 3006 viewshype313

Yep, agreed, I've been advocating leaving Mick's departure until the end of the season, I think it would be wise to call it a day now, enough's enough for all parties concerned.

Just to add, getting rid of Mick isn't the panacea that everyone thinks it will be in my opinion, the issues run far deeper than Mick.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 9:07]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:13 - Mar 14 with 2928 viewsReuser_is_God

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:05 - Mar 14 by hype313

Yep, agreed, I've been advocating leaving Mick's departure until the end of the season, I think it would be wise to call it a day now, enough's enough for all parties concerned.

Just to add, getting rid of Mick isn't the panacea that everyone thinks it will be in my opinion, the issues run far deeper than Mick.

I think everyone knows that the issues run far deeper than Mick.

Even the most ardent of the outers would recognise that simply just changing manager will not solves all our problems.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:19 - Mar 14 with 2882 viewshype313

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:13 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

I think everyone knows that the issues run far deeper than Mick.

Even the most ardent of the outers would recognise that simply just changing manager will not solves all our problems.

Indeed, but people are being so rabid in their hatred of Mick, that they aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:19 - Mar 14 with 2879 viewsitfcjoe

We aren't in danger of going down, and we aren't competing to go up so there is no need for him to steady the ship until the end of the season.

Whilst replacing Mick isn't a panacea - if we get it right it can effectively be one. It won't be easy though

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:24 - Mar 14 with 2854 viewsReuser_is_God

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:19 - Mar 14 by hype313

Indeed, but people are being so rabid in their hatred of Mick, that they aren't looking at the bigger picture.

I’m not sure, I think it’s now going to shift to Evans.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:30 - Mar 14 with 2817 viewsmonty_radio

Possibly so, but the anger is as much a result of impotence as anything. It doesn't really matter how many wiseacres get the bigger picture, unless M.E. does.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:48 - Mar 14 with 2770 viewshype313

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:30 - Mar 14 by monty_radio

Possibly so, but the anger is as much a result of impotence as anything. It doesn't really matter how many wiseacres get the bigger picture, unless M.E. does.

Well he clearly won't or doesn't want to.

Login to get fewer ads

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:55 - Mar 14 with 2737 viewsNazemariner

I hate the use of that word, but it seems to be the word of choice at the moment.

Last night wasn't toxic. The Olympic stadium was toxic.

It was subdued, and a little grumpy last night. Many voiced their opinion, but most of us just watched in disbelief at the shambolic display we were being served up.
Toxic atmosphere... on 14:06 - Mar 14 with 2600 viewsitfcjoe

Toxic atmosphere... on 09:24 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not sure, I think it’s now going to shift to Evans.

Until Mick goes he's too easy a target for it to shift anywhere else

Toxic atmosphere... on 14:50 - Mar 14 with 2538 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Some of us were pointing out at that 'bigger picture' a long while ago but we were knocked by others who themselves used FFP as a firm excuse for Evans' lack of interest.

8m received from Mings' sale and we fund the deals for Coke and Toure one of the examples.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:55]
Toxic atmosphere... on 15:55 - Mar 14 with 2487 viewsBenters2

Toxic atmosphere... on 14:50 - Mar 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Some of us were pointing out at that 'bigger picture' a long while ago but we were knocked by others who themselves used FFP as a firm excuse for Evans' lack of interest.

8m received from Mings' sale and we fund the deals for Coke and Toure one of the examples.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:55]

This.
Toxic atmosphere... on 16:04 - Mar 14 with 2472 viewsericclacton

Toxic atmosphere... on 16:25 - Mar 14 with 2430 viewsgerard1947

Sadly I think you are right, it's far too broken to mend I fear.

Part of me thinks at least Mick will keep us up, but at what cost? If he goes I fear we might go down in a season or two. I live in hope nevertheless that an inspired appointment may do the trick and bring the fans back along with a bit of success.

I just hate the day when TV money ruined the people's game and football clubs became rich men's playthings.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 16:30]
Toxic atmosphere... on 17:25 - Mar 14 with 2356 viewsbluejacko

Toxic? If a few chants upset the wee darlings then there is no hope!
Anyway there wasnt enough people there to make an atmosphere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024