Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tristan Nydam 09:26 - Mar 14 with 2970 viewsmccarthy_is_god

The treatment of Nydam was a disgrace in my opinion. Boo an 18 year old learning his trade? Should be ashamed. I get the bad atmosphere but that was too far.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Tristan Nydam on 09:29 - Mar 14 with 2938 viewsSouperJim

Nobody was boo-ing Nydam. Mickma #fakenews

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Tristan Nydam on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 2908 viewsHopelessRomantic

Tristan Nydam on 09:29 - Mar 14 by SouperJim

Nobody was boo-ing Nydam. Mickma #fakenews

Pretty sure I heard boos when he made a poor pass...
Tristan Nydam on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 2898 viewsNo9

Boo-ing is bad for the players who may just be doing what they have been told to do
Staying away is a better for of protest
Tristan Nydam on 09:43 - Mar 14 with 2876 viewsSouperJim

Tristan Nydam on 09:37 - Mar 14 by HopelessRomantic

Pretty sure I heard boos when he made a poor pass...

Yes there were some frustrated noises from the crowd when our football was toilet, what else is new? But Bignose saying the crowd were "booing Nydam" is well well wide of the mark and just an attempt to have another pop at the fans and paint us as the root of all evil.

Overall I thought the crowd showed a bit of extra goodwill towards Nydam and Morris last night.

Tristan Nydam on 09:48 - Mar 14 with 2846 viewsHopelessRomantic

Tristan Nydam on 09:43 - Mar 14 by SouperJim

Yes there were some frustrated noises from the crowd when our football was toilet, what else is new? But Bignose saying the crowd were "booing Nydam" is well well wide of the mark and just an attempt to have another pop at the fans and paint us as the root of all evil.

Overall I thought the crowd showed a bit of extra goodwill towards Nydam and Morris last night.

I was there, I heard it. I don't like Mccarthy but he was 100% right on this one.
Tristan Nydam on 09:49 - Mar 14 with 2835 viewsNazemariner

There was initial frustration when he misplaced a pass, but no boos were purposely aimed at Nydam.

He was the bright spark in a woefully dim midfield. Mick's change of system and personnel made it a tough gig for the youngster, and subbing him at half time will have knocked his confidence.

Poor management from Mick in my view.
Tristan Nydam on 09:52 - Mar 14 with 2811 viewslongtimefan

Tristan Nydam on 09:43 - Mar 14 by SouperJim

That sounds like selective hearing. There were definite boos the first time he misplaced a pass, and louder ones the second time. You could see his confidence just drain from that point. Imbeciles.
Tristan Nydam on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 2766 viewsWickets

Tristan Nydam on 09:52 - Mar 14 by longtimefan

That sounds like selective hearing. There were definite boos the first time he misplaced a pass, and louder ones the second time. You could see his confidence just drain from that point. Imbeciles.

I think Souper Jim is right on this one, it could have been better but it was a long way from booing or barracking the lad. Mick knew what the atmospere was likely to be last night but he picked the boy for the first time in ages.
Login to get fewer ads

Tristan Nydam on 10:02 - Mar 14 with 2751 viewsSouperJim

Tristan Nydam on 09:52 - Mar 14 by longtimefan

Again, yes there were frustrated noises from the crowd when things went wrong, but "booing Nydam"?

I agree completely that shouting in frustration when we're actively trying to play is counter-productive, but it needs putting into perspective. We were largely awful last night and have been this way at home for some time.

Booing a player to me means consistently picking on one particular individual, regardless of merit. The Matt Richards treatment if you will. We are a million miles away from doing that to the likes of Nydam. Mick is trying to paint the fans as the villain of the piece to deflect from his own failings. Pathetic.

Tristan Nydam on 10:17 - Mar 14 with 2713 viewsunstableblue

But he wasn't really booed that much? couple of moans in the lower north. I think Mick is using that as a needle point for the fans.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Tristan Nydam on 10:28 - Mar 14 with 2685 viewsWickets

Tristan Nydam on 10:02 - Mar 14 by SouperJim

Again, yes there were frustrated noises from the crowd when things went wrong, but "booing Nydam"?

I agree completely that shouting in frustration when we're actively trying to play is counter-productive, but it needs putting into perspective. We were largely awful last night and have been this way at home for some time.

Booing a player to me means consistently picking on one particular individual, regardless of merit. The Matt Richards treatment if you will. We are a million miles away from doing that to the likes of Nydam. Mick is trying to paint the fans as the villain of the piece to deflect from his own failings. Pathetic.

Add to that that Ben Morris got loads of encouragement when he came on for his attempts at taking Hull players on. Give Town fans a team to cheer and we will cheer them. You can't change human nature.
Tristan Nydam on 10:33 - Mar 14 with 2667 viewsBlueRaider

There was a an absolute tool in front of me last night shouting at the top of his voice to various players (but particlarly Celina), 'you are f£$%in s£$t ' every time they made a mistake, pathetic, I am sure he makes no mistakes in his life

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Tristan Nydam on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 2653 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Don't recall any negative chants being directed towards Nydam?

Blame Mick for playing Nydam alongside Hyam and Gleeson both very poor.

Alongside Skuse and Connolly would have been alot better, poor man management.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Tristan Nydam on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 2611 viewsHopelessRomantic

Tristan Nydam on 10:02 - Mar 14 by SouperJim

Sounds like I have a different interpretation of the word 'booing' then. When he misplaced a pass I heard Boo's from all around me (it was only once or twice I think) and I find that unacceptable for an 18 year old kid, imagine what that'll do to his confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024